Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#265131 07/31/15 08:29 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

Questions? Comments? Smacks upside the head?

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
rotflol <wiping tears of laughter from my eyes>. Oh, that was hysterical. Thank you! (And I suspect it would be even funnier if I had ever seen the ad on which it is based.)

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I am in perfect agreement with Lynn, what a hoot! Thanks for getting my day off to a good start. clap

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awesome! Hilarious--I really enjoyed this notworthy.

Thanks for sharing smile
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ha! That was great! Love the little disclaimer/not for use at the end!

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Does that service take care of other bodily fluids? 'Cuz Superman's got quite a package in that photo, and if Lois brushes up against him in just the right way, he's gonna need a clean up in aisle nine. wink rotflol

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
rotflol <wiping tears of laughter from my eyes>. Oh, that was hysterical. Thank you! (And I suspect it would be even funnier if I had ever seen the ad on which it is based.)

Joy,
Lynn
Here you go:

Hagerty Silver Clean

And before anyone asks, no, it doesn't work (but it will stain your carpet). It should be kept out of reach of children, pets, and friends from college who think the appropriate way to examine unknown liquids is to open the container and turn it upside down over the carpet. shocked

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Morgana, LMA, Deadly Chakram: Thanks!

The hyperbole of Starcrest's ads inspired plenty of mocking when I worked there (I quit 15 years ago and never looked back). They're the perfect inspiration for silly ads in fanfic.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
The original really was just as breathless as your spoof. I was expecting to see, "But wait, there's more! It slices! It dices!"

And I was right -- reading the original does make your spoof even funnier. Thanks for sharing.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
Does that service take care of other bodily fluids? 'Cuz Superman's got quite a package in that photo, and if Lois brushes up against him in just the right way, he's gonna need a clean up in aisle nine. wink rotflol
I thought about making a reference to ... erm ... other bodily fluids, but thought that might be a little too close to nfic and could get me yelled at. blush

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
The original really was just as breathless as your spoof. I was expecting to see, "But wait, there's more! It slices! It dices!"

And I was right -- reading the original does make your spoof even funnier. Thanks for sharing.

Joy,
Lynn
Several people sent one of Starcrest's ads in to Consumer Reports for their Selling It page:

[Linked Image]

Yeah ... a push-down rotary whisk that holds your hair in place. Someone in advertising either wasn't doing their job or was having too much fun.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Yipes. I guess a rotary whisk is one way to curl your hair...

Joy,
Lynn

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Annie!

Not for use with metal, pearls, or glowing stones.
laugh

I thought about making a reference to ... erm ...
So, the Restorer wasn’t meant to ‘restore his vigor’ while doing Cosplay with Lois Lane?

laugh

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard