Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Annie B. FDK: The Other Picture - 08/01/15 12:29 AM
Story

Questions? Comments? Smacks upside the head?
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/01/15 12:38 AM
rotflol <wiping tears of laughter from my eyes>. Oh, that was hysterical. Thank you! (And I suspect it would be even funnier if I had ever seen the ad on which it is based.)

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/01/15 09:26 AM
I am in perfect agreement with Lynn, what a hoot! Thanks for getting my day off to a good start. clap
Posted By: LMA Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/01/15 05:21 PM
Awesome! Hilarious--I really enjoyed this notworthy.

Thanks for sharing smile
Laura
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/02/15 05:37 AM
Ha! That was great! Love the little disclaimer/not for use at the end!
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/02/15 11:24 PM
Does that service take care of other bodily fluids? 'Cuz Superman's got quite a package in that photo, and if Lois brushes up against him in just the right way, he's gonna need a clean up in aisle nine. wink rotflol
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/12/15 01:41 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
rotflol <wiping tears of laughter from my eyes>. Oh, that was hysterical. Thank you! (And I suspect it would be even funnier if I had ever seen the ad on which it is based.)

Joy,
Lynn
Here you go:

Hagerty Silver Clean

And before anyone asks, no, it doesn't work (but it will stain your carpet). It should be kept out of reach of children, pets, and friends from college who think the appropriate way to examine unknown liquids is to open the container and turn it upside down over the carpet. shocked
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/12/15 01:45 PM
Morgana, LMA, Deadly Chakram: Thanks!

The hyperbole of Starcrest's ads inspired plenty of mocking when I worked there (I quit 15 years ago and never looked back). They're the perfect inspiration for silly ads in fanfic.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/12/15 01:51 PM
The original really was just as breathless as your spoof. I was expecting to see, "But wait, there's more! It slices! It dices!"

And I was right -- reading the original does make your spoof even funnier. Thanks for sharing.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/12/15 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by groobie
Does that service take care of other bodily fluids? 'Cuz Superman's got quite a package in that photo, and if Lois brushes up against him in just the right way, he's gonna need a clean up in aisle nine. wink rotflol
I thought about making a reference to ... erm ... other bodily fluids, but thought that might be a little too close to nfic and could get me yelled at. blush
Posted By: Annie B. Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/17/15 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
The original really was just as breathless as your spoof. I was expecting to see, "But wait, there's more! It slices! It dices!"

And I was right -- reading the original does make your spoof even funnier. Thanks for sharing.

Joy,
Lynn
Several people sent one of Starcrest's ads in to Consumer Reports for their Selling It page:

[Linked Image]

Yeah ... a push-down rotary whisk that holds your hair in place. Someone in advertising either wasn't doing their job or was having too much fun.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 08/17/15 09:52 PM
Yipes. I guess a rotary whisk is one way to curl your hair...

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK: The Other Picture - 01/06/16 07:54 PM
Hi Annie!

Not for use with metal, pearls, or glowing stones.
laugh

I thought about making a reference to ... erm ...
So, the Restorer wasn’t meant to ‘restore his vigor’ while doing Cosplay with Lois Lane?

laugh

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards