Next Thread
Print Thread
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, haven't read it yet - won't have time till later. But I know it's good - nay, terrific - anyway! laugh

Just registering my excitement that it's been posted. Will be back later (once I've finished the SuperClean of the house for tomorrow's family Christmas night and collapsed in an exhausted heap) with proper comments.

In the meantime, lots of smile1 up and down with excitement.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Tim Lake closed his fist around the precious rock and smiled as a plan began to form in his head.
eek You are leaving the door open.

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Intersting ending! Nice job! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
This has been an exceptional story - you take a 'throw-away" episode and turn into a vehicle for the very believeable further development of the kids' characters, plus you give us a nice twist on Clark Kent's character - his avoidance of the kids after the episode.

Loved the ending too - that random toss and look where it lands.

clap

c.

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Susan,

Ditto what everyone has said here! You've done a great job bringing life to a storyline that went away, that not too many people cared much over. You made everyone care in your story, though! But not only that, you made this all very believable. I mean, it's true - these kids learned Clark's secret (even though he seemed to outsmart them on that in the episode), and it was never re-addressed, these kids had some problems that would definitely have had lasting effects, and you bring children with problems into their adolescence equipped with the most major secret that they learned during a not so fun chapter from their childhood, and you definitely have a juicy story... which you've written marvelously!!! thumbsup I really enjoyed this!

“And I’ll be here too.” Clark’s face appeared relaxed for the first time in days. He looked at each of the kids before continuing. “I trust you all as my friends.”
Smart move on Clark's part... pulling them in as friends. A hard thing for him to do, combat that fear of being found out that is always there, by accepting that they know and calling them friends. They are still, after all, kids (just not little kids), and to be called a friend by him would mean alot, and they'd want to prove themselves worthy of the friendship. On that, you've written Clark so wonderfully - his fear is so believable and just perfect, and the way he and Lois together deal is great - you make him grow too by this story's end, not just the kids.

I hope you've got another story coming soon! Again, thanks for sharing this one~

~NICOLE smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Riker,um, er...Tim Lake returns!!!

Susan, I mean this in the right way...

Thou Art evil

Looking foreword to reading the next story...

James

“…with God everything is possible.” Matthew 19:26.

Also read Nan's Terran Underground!
S
Blogger
Blogger
S
*squee*

I just spent the last hour reading this.

AWESOME fic!

Kerth
Kerth
Thank you all so much for reading and responding to my story! I really appreciate your kind words. I havent' written Commander Riker - ah, I mean - Tim's Lake's story (another throw away character, I might add). What ever happens to the "bad guy of the week" after he gets taken away in handcuffs? I thought the teaser would be a fun way to end this story, though. Maybe someday I'll get around to writing the sequel, in light of all your encouragement. smile Susan

P.S. James - thanks for mentioning my story in your "Fanfic Related" post - what a surprising honor to see my name next to Wendy's!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LabRat Offline OP
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
blush blush blush blush blush

I have to apologise. I read this segment days ago and was somehow fully convinced I'd already commented. :rolleyes:

Well, I have to say it didn't disappoint, Susan! Everything flowed smoothly through the capture of the villains, Philip finally waking up and becoming the hero - and that lovely little sting in the tail at the end. clap

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard