Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#264796 07/13/15 06:03 PM
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Hi everyone, breaking my lurkerdom as I cannot recall the name of a fic I read years ago. It involved either Lois or Clark (or both?) looking after a toddler who had special needs (he maybe was deaf or hard of hearing?). Can't recall if this child was theirs biologically or not-- if it was theirs, I have this feeling they weren't aware of it or maybe this child was a baby clone. I had this nagging remembrance of this story while reading another fic where they had a son named Jordy, so it's possible that's the name of the toddler here as well. Does this ring any bells for anyone?

"Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth." - Dr. Ellie Sattler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I think that may be Above Alt Else by SunRei

Read this story when I first joined this fandom

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
I wrote four stories that might be what you are looking for. In them, Lois and Clark have two sons, one of whom (Todd) has autism. They are, in reading order:

The Diagnosis
The Not-So-Great Escape
Echolalia
Jerome's Wedding

Each story is told from the point of view of a different family member.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., Then again, since L&C definitely knew that Todd was their in my stories, this probably wasn't what you were looking for, after all. Sorry about that.

Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
Morgana, yes that is it!!! I must have read it when it was first being posted, I knew I'd read it a very long time ago. Jory-- I was close. Thank you so much! Off to rediscover smile

"Dinosaurs eat man. Woman inherits the earth." - Dr. Ellie Sattler
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great! Please let me know what you think of it.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
Great! Please let me know what you think of it.

I have had this on my reading list for quite some time but with your recommendation I decided to start it yesterday. I love it so far(8 chapters in) nice change of pace to the usual AU as it is different but not too far out there.

This is one of the reasons I read the "Looking for a story" posts, if I cannot help then I often find something great to read that I have never seen before.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Hadn't read this story before...just spent the entire day devouring it. laugh I really enjoyed it! Thanks for recommending it!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard