OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
razz goofy

Ann

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great job! I loved it! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Top Banana
Top Banana
Yum! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Ann, I agree with everything you say except for your character analysis of Lois. I don't think it's a fear of the love consuming her; I think it's a fear of allowing someone else to handle the responsibility of making decisions that affect her life. I think that Lois is scared to let someone else take the steering wheel, so to speak, because for all of her life she's had to do everything for herself when no one else cared enough to help. Both her parents were absent emotionally (as well as physically) from her childhood, and I would imagine Lois assumed many unwanted responsibilities as a child and became used to them as an adult. Her responsibilities are her security blanket; she's not comfortable when she's not controlling the various aspects of her life. She's never felt comfortable sharing her problems with another because every time she has, that person (i.e. Claude) emotionally strips her again, making her yet more insecure and controlling. The only reason she trusts Clark is because he slowly shows her that he is a responsible and trustworthy person (and, yeah, I guess the whole love thing come in here, too smile ).

Of course, this may be more of my own character coming out through Lois smile1

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
so, so sweet. such a great story!

shells

p.s. when's your next story?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world.

- Mahatma Gandhi
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
*sigh* What a lovely story, Nicole. I was literally grinning from ear to ear toward the end. Just a happy, happy holiday treat. Thank you SO much for the ride.

Can't wait to read your next story. wink And happy holidays!

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Merriwether
Merriwether
Wow! I agree with everyone else. You've made Lucy into a really likeable character (and I agree she's underused and abusedd sometimes). And I love how she'll go to any length to get Lois and Clark together. And it all worked out so perfectly in the end! Quite a few awws, and quite a few laughs. It was great!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. thumbsup

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Kerth
Kerth
So with this one we've started the race for Xmas stories for this year? wink

Soo happy ending smile

Jose smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Beat Reporter
Online Content
Beat Reporter
I enjoyed this story soooo much!!! I loved Lucy's role, I found Lois's introspection really nice and you wrapped it up perfectly!

Looking forward to more of your stories smile

Cris

Cris
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I'll say it again: this story was great!

It was an expression she did not mind seeing on his face, so long as it was only reserved for her.
Great line, Nicole smile

“What does Lucy have to do with any of this?”
He's so cute when he's clueless razz

Funny story. Enjoyed it immensely.

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I really enjoyed this one. It was so WAFFY, and Lucy's character was very believable to me.
Really put me in the holiday spirit. I may have to go buy some mistletoe.

Marcy sloppy

(Elrond's blessing at the departure of the company from Rivendell)

"Farewell, and may the blessing of Elves and Men and all Free Folk go with you.
May the stars shine upon your faces!"
-Lord of the Rings, J.R.R. Tolkien
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
That was the first christmas-related story I read this year, so thank you Nicole for a great start of this year's holiday season!

Lucy Lane is Coming to Town is an adorable story and her character very much believeable. I really felt with Lois as you were talking about how much of a failure Lucy was when they'd been kids - coal as a present, lol.

In my opinion, that story deserves an award. You got the mood right, you got the dialogue right and so many little cute extras which make this story all the more special. Thanks sloppy

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Lovely finish, Nicole! We got all the WAFFs we were waiting for, and Lois got her special Christmas kiss. Awwww! goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hi, all!

Just a quick note to say: THANK YOU to everyone that read this story and commented on it; it meant so much to me! I enjoyed writing this, exploring Lucy, torturing Lois (all in good fun, of course!), and matchmaking the two lunkheads <g>, so I'm glad that you enjoyed reading it!!!! Thank you everyone that wrote that the story put you in a holiday mood (I've never written a Christmas story before, and was hoping to evoke a sort of mood that felt Christmas-y, but I was not sure I accomplished that, so THANK YOU for letting me know if you felt that way!!)

And everyone who enjoyed that I kept Clark 100% clueless throughout the entire story, thank you, too! I just felt that he couldn't know what was going on. He's got so much else to worry about (saving the world, unrequited love, etc etc)!! It endeared him to me in this story... hehe laugh blush

On an only semi-related note: I was wondering if a FDK thread would get named "I Love Lucy", or some variation on that, given the title of my story, so Ann, I was happy to see that we were on the same wavelength - smile

Anyway, you guys are all so sweet and really make my day with your comments. I laugh, I blush, I squeal, I embarass myself by admitting that I squeal... just THANK YOU THANK YOU!

happy holidays~

smile NICOLE

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard