Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

Last edited by ShayneT; 06/23/15 10:44 PM.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Shayne, I love how this story begins. Intriguing premise. Lots of questions, and I look forward to finding out the answers. I hope the horse really did fly -- what an amazing image. And a very brave animal if so. "Throughout your lives," the fortune teller said. Plural. Hmmmm.

As usual your words stay with me long after I've finished reading.

LaurenW

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I'm loving it smile. You've got me completely hooked, intregued, so excited for more.

This has such a unique feel to it--it's so different, in such a really great way. My mind is going here, going there, trying to piece every clue together. I'm just so curious as to what is going to happen.

Please continue hail notworthy
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So many morsels of gold in this part. I love that Clark was raised by two prospectors as if he'd been found in a gold mine himself. smile That the Kent family still exists and are reclusive philanthropists. Yep, I bet the masked rider certainly didn't want a clear photo of his face taken. Also, how still can a man with so much energy be? He could move so quickly that the photographer wouldn't notice that Clark moved at all and wonder why his photos were always blurry. King Midas, founder of the original Superman Foundation. clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Time to track down that Kent family.... only to find the "descendent" looks EXACTLY like "King Midas." Might even have his name, too!

Ok, so "lives." How many times has she been born? I suspect she's been dreaming about one of them, of late.

Also, there's a gap in the 30-50s? I wonder what caused that? A feared outing of the hooded man? The tragic death of his signficant other? Something else entirely?

Waiting to see what happens next!

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Kerth
Kerth
Yea! Another part so soon. smile How much if the story have you written? Like The Highlander, I think Clark has been alive for some time, periodically "dying" and leaving his estate to his son/himself. Easier done when there's no photographic evidence! Definitely hooked on this story. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yes Shayne, we are all interested in finding out more about King Midas. A masked man helping people and then riding off? Mystery upon mystery!

Thanks for continuing this story. thumbsup

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Seems like the dream was of Lulu Kent. If he was the Lone Rider and they were together then the hiatus could be related to her passing.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard