Hi,

it's been years since I posted anything. Time passes way too quickly. But I had a story in my mind for quite some time that absoluely needed to be written, so I decided to take the time to write it. I'm a little rusty but I still hope you'll enjoy it. Don't hesitate to tell me what you think. All kinds of feedback are welcome.

I don't know yet how many chapters there will be, but it will not be a too long story. I don't know either what my posting schedule will be. I already have the first chapter written (but still need a bit of polishing), bits of the following chapters and the end. So even if I'm not finished yet, I'm confident enough that this will be finished to start posting (contrary to the numerous unfinished stories I've written theses last few years and never posted anywhere).

So here comes the short prologue of my new fanfic. Enjoy!

IN ALL HONESTY

PROLOGUE

Lois was sitting on her sofa, thinking. Clark was Superman. She was sure of it. There could be no other explanation. She was kind of ashamed of herself for not figuring it out sooner, but now that she had, she had no more doubt about it. It all made so much sense. She was right. She knew she was. So the important question was: what should she do about it?

Should she confront him?

She could do it tonight. He was supposed to come by her apartment later. They hadn't planned to do anything special, really, just spend some time together. It could be the perfect time to have a serious talk about his deceit and what it means for their relationship.

And what did it mean for their relationship ? Truth be told, she didn't know. How was she supposed to react to that *so little* lie? Did it mean she couldn't trust him anymore? Of course not, she still trusted him with her life, that hadn't changed. She just proved it anyway, didn't she? She let him freeze her with his breath, and revive her with his thermic vision, and now, she was *resting* at home with a cold when Clark was working at the Planet.

If that wasn't trust, what was it? So, event though he lied to her every day since they've met, she still trusted him completely. If she had to be honest with herself, that didn't impact the trust she had in him because, deep down, she understood why he lied to her, why he had to protect his secret.

So, back to her initial question. What should she do about it? Should she confront him?
She should do just that, but she didn't really want to. What she really wanted was for him to trust her enough to share that secret with her. All by himself.

And the fact that he had not yet done so hurt her. She thought he loved her as much as she loved him. She thought he knew he could trust her. So why hadn't he? Was it because she was a reporter? That couldn't be it! Even before she and Clark were dating, Superman had trusted her with a few things that were not for public knowledge, as the kryptonite, or the fact that his powers could be transferred to other people, even if she had to force his hand a little on that last one. And she hadn't printed a thing. So he must know that she would never go public with his secret identity. So why hadn't he trusted her? Why?

He had so many occasions to come clean lately, she didn't understand why he had not.

he could have done so anytime she had been complaining about his disappearance act, accusing him of being afraid to commit to their relationship. He could have done so when she came to his apartment last week to tell him she broke things up with Dan, for him. He could have done so when she asked him, as Clark, to go find Superman because she had a plan to save his parents... So many occasions he didn't use. And that hurt.

And then, it hit her. He had tried to tell her.The previous day. He came to her apartment in the morning, acting all weird. He said that he had something to tell her that might not be a good news. He started explaining that he wasn't always disappearing because he didn't want to commit but because he was super... he got interrupted by the phone ringing and finished by saying he was super late for some thing.

He had been so nervous. He was about to tell her. He did trust her and wanted to share his secret with her. He just needed a little more time to work up the nerve to say it. She could wait. She would wait for him to be ready, and when he'll tell her, she'll respond "Finally! It took you long enough", and laugh at the face he'll make when realizing she already knew.

That could be fun watching him try to explain his disappearances away now that she knew the truth behind. For now, she would pretend. Two could play this game. She smiled. And sneezed. Damn cold!

Next : chapter 1