Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
New trailer for Ant-Man

This actually makes me feel better about the film, with silliness like the superhero battle aboard a model railway near the end. Still looks distinctly minor compared to other recent Marvel films, more on the lines of the pilot episodes for e.g. Flash, but I think it might be fun.

Meanwhile the trailer for the next Mission Impossible film makes me wonder what their team could do with the Marvel or DC universe, reinforces the idea that the Jeremy Renner character William Brandt is actually Clint Barton taking a break from SHIELD, and has me wondering why Tom Cruise is suddenly starting to look uncannily like Captain Jack Harkness in some shots.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ant-Man looks fun, but with my budget will wait for DVD. (My 2 movies this year are: JP4:Jurassic World and SW:Force Awakens.) I really enjoyed Ant-Man's character in the Avengers animated show. I am wondering why there's a man in Wasp's costume though? Is what's her name from Lost and The Hobbit supposed to be playing Wasp?

I gave up on Mission Impossible series after the first 5 minutes of #3 put me to sleep. Literally. Like Jeremy Renner though. /reminds self to add Age of Ultron and Ant-Man to my Netflix list/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I think the yellow guy is some version of Yellowjacket, originally a Hank Pym (Ant-Man) alias but I've an idea there was also a villainous version - or possibly Pym had a split personality or something, my memory is failing me on this one.

Marcus L. Rowland
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Yellowjacket was Henry Pym, the villainous side of him came out when Henry suffered a nervous breakdown.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This is a comic character with over 50 years of back story. I'm sure that there have been all of, a villain with his powers, that he's turned evil, had a evil twin and been split into good and evil parts.

Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Saw Ant-Man today.

Wait for the DVD. This would work reasonably well as the pilot episode of an Ant Man TV series, as the bridge between Age of Ultron and Civil War pt 1 it's disappointing.

Marcus L. Rowland

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard