Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Oh, how sweet! What a romantic kiss! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Nicole, come back here *now* and give us the final chapter! I can't wait!!! This is wonderful!!!! smile1 smile1

Ann

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Nicole

This is great. smile1

Tricia cool

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
When Lucy cried 'ouch' I thought Clark had stepped on her foot!

I'm not a huge fan of the WAFFy stories (although I don't disparage them), but this is great! I read this part and smiled as I read the conversation between Lois and Lucy, and as Lois faced her behavior and got slapped with the truth. And as Clark looked around and realized that something was 'off' I thought he might figure out what was really going on, but he's in for a big surprise too! This is fun.

Ah, romance at Christmas! I love it! Can't wait for the wrap-up!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lois using Lucy as a soundboard -- smile1 smile1

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
Kerth
Kerth
Get ready for the final part!!! hyper

Jose wave

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Hee, Lucy's smart. I can't believe she's managed to just outwit these two. But maybe that's because they subconciously want those feelings to be brought to fore. *g* God knows that would do them a world of good.

Loved the memories of Clark's "death" that are being stirred up in Lois. Beautifully written.

Can't wait for Part 5. Go, Lois, go! smile1

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
S
Top Banana
Top Banana
S
You just have to love this Lucy! thumbsup

Please post the final part as soon as possible!

simona smile

P.S. for Terry:
When Lucy cried 'ouch' I thought Clark had stepped on her foot!
me too! :p

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Absolutely loved it, Nicole! I don't think I've ever seen TOGOM used so creatively. This passage brought a lump to my throat:

She could hear his heart beating.

She flashed back to a night long ago, when she had looked for that heartbeat and hadn’t felt it. He’d been hurt. No… killed. And his heart… oh god… “No!”… had stopped beating.

She tucked her head protectively into his chest, closer. Louder, the beat. He wrapped his arms tighter around her.

He was alive.

She had thought grimly, in the day she thought he was gone forever, that when Christmas came, it would be too horrible to bear without him there. Everything would be too horrible to bear without him there, but Christmas, especially, was a time where people enjoyed their friends, family and loved ones. It would have been…

He was dancing with her. Holding her. He was so alive. Warm. Comfortable. Safe.

So safe…

She could not push him away because he was dating someone else. In love, even, with someone else. She just could not do it. A life without him in it was no life at all. She had learned that lesson already.
goofy

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow! Awesome part. I absolutely loved how Lucy was setting Lois up to see how she's always felt about Clark. Clark is SO clueless, which is also funny. So much for the investigative journalists, I guess :rolleyes:

Ditto Wendy on the TOGOM part, and I also enjoyed the mistletoe bit. Lucy's definitely related to Lois in ingenuity!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. drool

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Nicole, I have loved each part of this story. From reading this story and others of yours on the archive it is clear that you have a very in-depth understanding of Lois’ character from the first two seasons of the series.

*** “Have yourself a merry little Christmas…” ***

She broke off as music filled the air. Her favorite Christmas carol was playing. She had always thought it was so romantic and beautiful. It reminded her of countless nights as a young girl, fantasizing about the day she would listen to that song on a snowy Christmas in the arms of a man who she loved. Who loved her…
I could definitely see this as being Lois’ favorite Christmas song. It is a beautiful song, but (especially with the Judy Garland version) it has an undertone of sadness that young Lois was all too familiar with in her home life. The song holds the hope of being together with loved ones (or perhaps a particular loved one) someday, but the implication is that there is a currently a separation from loved ones.

Lois’s eyes immediately filled with tears and she looked away from her sister, her breathing heavier. She put a hand gently against her mouth, clearly trying to get a hold of herself, to remind herself that Clark had survived. Come back. That he was safe inside the Daily Planet at that very moment.
Since you have such a great sense of Lois’ character it seems that you also have a particular talent for tormenting her, but of course we all know it is for a good cause.

He just had to reconcile himself to the fact that his love for Lois Lane would always be unrequited.

At least he had that kiss, now filed away somewhere safe, so that on a cold and lonely night he could think about it and remember what it felt like to be that alive. Even if only for a moment.
Don't give up just yet Clark.

Can’t wait for the conclusion!

-Em

"But my experience is that as soon as people are old enough to know better, they don't know anything at all."

-Oscar Wilde, "Lady Windermere's Fan"
Blogger
Blogger
Like everyone else I just love this story.

There's just one thing. From Part 3:

“Okay, Jimmy, it’s time to test the sound system for this shindig,” Lucy said, popping a donut hole into her mouth and smiling, as Jimmy approached.
I know that Lucy's clever, but maybe she can let us know how you eat the hole of the donut? confused

groobie Offline OP
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Meryla asked:
maybe she can let us know how you eat the hole of the donut?
Are donut holes just a U.S. thing? I thought that I've seen them in the several Dunkin Donuts I've visited in various countries of the world (always a safe breakfast choice for me!), most recently in New Zealand. They're little round balls made up of donut dough, usually glazed or powdered. Yum! smile1
Susan (who's first choice is typically the maple bar)

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Blogger
Blogger
Oh, is that what it means? I thought it was a type and she meant that she ate the donut whole, like put it all in her mouth at once.

Well, well. I learn something every day.

T
TOC Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
T
Well, as for the donut hole, that's just like a story I heard once about a kind of round crispbread with a hole in the middle, how some people just loved eating that hole. I'm sure Lois has a craving for it, except she wants a donut hole and not a crispbread hole. Well, how do you think she can live a junk food kind of life and still keep her trim figure?

Ann

P.S. Thanks for keeping us LC fans on our toes and teaching us to appreciate the finer points of philosophy, Nicole - well, I mean it! cool

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I'm really loving this story. When is part five due to be posted?

Great job!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
LOL! Looks like I'm right in time for the donut hole discussion! smile1 It's still breakfast time here in CA, and now I'm hungry! Yes, when I wrote that in, I assumed all would know that donut holes are what Dunkin' Donuts (which I miss so much since moving to LA, where they (don't know why) don't have DD!! mad ) would call a "Munchkin." The little round balls, as Susan explained, are about the size of the hole in the donut. I had a great picture of Lucy, though, in my head, putting a whole donut into her mouth, lol!! I am sorry for the confusion! I assumed, and you know what they say about assuming things!! blush And on this topic, Ann - those crispybread hole thingies sound intimidating... and mighty good!

Thank you all for commenting on this story!

Susan, too funny:
But we all know that's not really dancing.
I was just thinking, "imagine if he really danced with her at that part?" It would be quite the plot twist... and probably would no longer be a 5-part story!! laugh

Thanks Tricia, for your comments about the Lois/Lucy convo. And:
Poor Clark still thinks Lois doesn't love him. Hopefully, Lois is now going to tell him exactly how she feels.
One can only hope :rolleyes:

Terry and Simona: It didn't even cross my mind that people might think he stepped on her foot? You guys were probably concerned, though, lol, I mean the man has a very dense molecular structure. That could hurt. wink

Between Incognito:
Hee, Lucy's smart. I can't believe she's managed to just outwit these two.
and Capes with:
So much for the investigative journalists, I guess :rolleyes:
I'm rotflol You said it! And thank you!

And thank you Wendy and Capes for commenting on the TOGOM tie-in here. It's clear this is a Seasons Greedings replacement Christmas episode for season 2 (not that I don't love that one, because I do), and I wanted to bring to light some of the things that happened leading up to Christmas for these two, and Al Capone and Johnny Corben were part of that, as you know. I thought it could play a part here.

Also, Em - thank you for your comments! It's such a compliment to see that you think I have a good understanding of Lois in those first two seasons. blush

Okay, I should stop already!! And post part 5!

~NICOLE smile

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard