Print Thread
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
K
Well, don't be shocked... but this is going to be a short one... compared to usual. wink

Wendy, I just wanted to say that this is probably my all time favorite of your stories. True, there quite a few I haven't read (you write too fast!! smile1

And I couldn't be happier about the way you pulled it off! clap

I actually... well, I learned a bit about myself that I hadn't realized before. Can you believe that? I can't. I really can't even tell you how many levels this story touched me. And... I'm getting corny and sappy... I'll stop now before I embarrass myself further. blush

But I did want to add that I think I know now why I'm so enchanted with the Superman mythos and all that is Clark Kent. And also why alt Clark is my favorite character. You know what I'm talking about, W. wink

Awesome, awesome story! clap

Sara smile

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

Merriwether
Merriwether
(Sara: Bah. Post-stealer. And after all my screaming, too. Guess it matches the lap-thief that's taking the spot for my laptop laugh )

Wow, Wendy! I could finally see how you could finish this story in one more post, but I wasn't sure exactly how you were going to do it. The final result? Absolutely wonderful! I loved the reactions, the heart-to-heart, and the fact that not only did the repair their friendship, but started moving on to something more.

And I just have to share one of my reactions...

He’s just a side of you that you can’t show to the world because... well, reporters don’t fly, do they?”
Well, they do, but like Lois, they need to work on their landings. *kerflop*

Again, wonderful! laugh

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Ah... this was worth the wait.

Best line:

“Just as long as you don’t mind having to put up with Superman too. I mean, I know what you said about you humans preferring monogamy, but I can’t exactly leave him out...”
goofy Great way to lighten things up after all that angst...

El, I hope you liked it!

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Wonderful ending...thanks for the WAFFY payoff. And I loved this line:
“Just as long as you don’t mind having to put up with Superman too. I mean, I know what you said about you humans preferring monogamy, but I can’t exactly leave him out...”
Just the right hint of humor to break things up after an intense conversation. Excellent! thumbsup Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Awwwww!!! Wendy this is wonderful! And Sara is right on so many levels. You just get better and better over time with your stories. I think maybe Puzzle is your new muse<g> Seriously, I loved this. It had all the right ingredients for a perfect Lois and Clark relationship. I'm not sure I would say you pulled it off though. I think you knew exactly what you were doing and did a damn fine job. There was nothing to pull, you just have a great talent and a knack to tear at our heart strings. Well as usual, I am looking forward to more of this type of story from you. I can't wait until your next bithday fiction. (mine is coming up hint hint<bg>)
Wendy you're wonderful! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
But... this was still Lois, still his best friend, still the woman he couldn’t help loving, no matter what had happened today. Despite what he’d thought, she was still the Lois he knew. After all, she’d just done it again - taken his breath away by not saying what he’d expected her to.
There you go again, taking *my* breath away with a couple of lines.

“I want you here now.”
Awww whinging

Because he’d kept her waiting by the door earlier, she’d been unsure that her welcome was real this time.
So much uncertainty and pain all around. You write it so that I'm feeling pain myself--how DO you do that?

And he still had no idea whether they could get past it. Whether, no matter how much he loved her, he’d ever be able to see her as his best friend again.
Good observation, because sometimes you just can't.

Even when you can’t help everyone, the fact that you can help some people gives everyone reason to believe that there’s good in someone.
Very nice.

Yes, she did know him, in ways he hadn’t realised. Hadn’t even thought of.

Maybe even in ways he hadn’t known himself.
Strange how sometimes other people can see the things about ourselves that we are blind to. And once again you blindside me with some great truth...

“You encouraged me! As Superman!
THANK YOU for pointing this out! It is so true.

You never looked at other people - other women - the way you did me.
So of course she thought you loved her, Clark!

“There’s this thing about us Earth people. You might have noticed. Most of us are kind of... well, fussy about only being with one person at a time. It’s called monogamy. I know you’ve heard of it. So... if I was already in love with Superman, I couldn’t fall in love with Clark too.”
You did it again. Bravo.

You looked into my eyes... you even kissed me. And you never once saw Clark Kent.
And now I'm feeling sorry for him too mecry

“Let’s make a deal, Lois. I won’t hold it against you that you didn’t figure it out if you don’t.”
Wow. Just wow.

He had a choice. He could continue to hold one foolish claim against her indefinitely... or he could forgive her.

Actually, there was no choice. Because he’d already made it.
Beautiful.

Can’t go on holding a grudge against my best friend.
I feel like crying!

“Oh, I’ve missed this!”
How incredibly sweet.

Oh, Clark, I’ve just thought... I’m so glad Superman’s you
I love how you manage to capture everything that makes Lois's character so complex-both her blindness and her ability to see right to the heart of an issue. You never let Lois look stupid or perfect, just human. It's a careful balance that you always maintain.

And he knew Lois. She might lie about little things. Unimportant things. Like stories she didn’t want him to know about, though that rarely happened these days. Like what she’d done in her free time if she didn’t want him to know that she cried over soppy movies.

If it was something important, something she knew meant a lot to him, she didn’t lie.
See above. You did it again.

Life’s full of risks. And sometimes you just have to take them, because not taking them... means you risk losing something that could be very precious.
Beautiful lines.

And he did. And it was super.
Do you hear me groaning from here? Sheesh.

What a great story, though. Thank you!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Top Banana
Top Banana
My super favorite line:
Her smile was as wide as her face, and brilliant as the sun.
Yay!!! thumbsup

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! smile1 It's now on my list of all-time favourites.

Tricia cool

Top Banana
Top Banana
Really well done, Wendy - great writing and touching romance. thumbsup And, Sara's right about how wonderfully you've written Clark Kent. A perfect resolution of all things HoL. smile

c

Kerth
Kerth
smile1

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
What is left for me to say? You succeded in the impossible task, to explain Lois's love for Superman and her inability to fall in love with Clark. Yes, it was partly caused by Clark. Also his sudden declaration of love was not his wisest idea - I really can't understand that Martha advised him to do it.

Of all the fine things said above, I choose this one:

Originally posted by Capes:
I love how you manage to capture everything that makes Lois's character so complex-both her blindness and her ability to see right to the heart of an issue. You never let Lois look stupid or perfect, just human. It's a careful balance that you always maintain. [/QB]
I only want to add, this concerns Clark, also. We usually see only his patience and other virtues, not his insecurity (at last, not until his reaction when Lois doesn't accept his proposal right away).

It is amazing how Lois and Clark, after hurting each other like we all do, yet succed to forgive, find the courage to confess (or, in this case, show) the truth and with it, the way to one another.

Gabriele
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
She’d said there was one more thing she wanted to tell him before she left. Bile had risen in his throat again. She’d been going to swear that she still loved him. He’d been sure of it.

And she hadn’t. Instead, she’d reassured him on something he hadn’t even remembered that he needed to worry about.
I love this! It can go so many ways! Had he not remembered to worry because deep down he already knew he was safe with her, deep down he knew of her love? And you've got her saying the one thing that can prove her love - surprising him, like she always does, making it impossible for him to turn her away and let it all just end. SO nice! smile1

He’d flirted with her. All but come on to her, as Superman. And, as Clark, he’d pursued the path of best friend.
Oh, Clark! Good, good, you've seen the light!! smile

She was right. Telling him how sorry she was wouldn’t undo the damage. Pleading excuses wouldn’t make her claim any less unbelievable. Asking him to forget about it was impossible.

So, really, where they went from here was in his hands. He had a choice. He could continue to hold one foolish claim against her indefinitely... or he could forgive her.
Oooh! blush

“Oh, Lois...” He gave her a crooked smile. “There’s a fine line between love and hate.”

“I guess.” She made as if to reach out and touch him, but drew back. He understood. It had to be his move.

“C’mere.” And he took the steps that closed the distance between them and enfolded her in a hug.
thumbsup

~NICOLE

T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
It was okay.

Tank (who felt that someone needed to bring Wendy back to earth)

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great story. clap clap

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Darn. I was hoping that Clark would dump her and she'd move somewhere and start going out with some guitar player in Minnesota. Oh wait, that's been done before. wink

I'm still not sure I buy the fact that Clark believes her now but if anyone could bring them together under those circumstances at the beginning of part 4 with any credibility, I knew it'd be you.

Thanks for a nice Christmas present, even though it wasn't really a Christmas story. smile

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin
Columnist
Columnist
Hi

I love it, as all your stories.

It was painfull at the begining but at the end it was awsome. dance

that was so great and funny.

Well done Wendy.

Karla

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard