Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#86965 06/07/12 10:43 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi, Michael: I have a few minutes before my weekend turns crazy, so let's see what you have to say...

Yeah. That would have been awkward. Still can be awkward when the references eventually blow up in his face.
As long as he's a good reporter, why would they check his references?

Probably a good idea. Perry might notice that.
clap

Why did his own PW have blood pressure issues with Lois already dead for a quite some time?
Fear she might come back? (Since his interview was shortly after she disappeared.)

Okay, that’s new. Something bled over? Either that, or they’re airing Chuck 15 years early.
evil

Aaahhhmmmm…It’s a *skintight* suit with an focal point.
He REALLY tries not to think of it like that; otherwise it enhances that focal point.

Right! He really should have kidnapped her, posted an anonymous note in the classifieds section and later sent a picture of her chloroformed body, liberally decorated with ketchup so it looks like she had a red smile. Then he could have asked Perry for a job.
Yeah, but that wouldn't have helped his quest for the girl.

He could romance her while she’s locked up in his Apollo hotel room?
First, he has to get her there.

Yeah. What’s wrong with the fiend?
Mental problems? Inability to keep his feet on the ground?

But she turned said guy down, so wouldn’t have helped her cause, really.
laugh True.

/waits for her to say ‘if he hadn’t been a guy…’
Oh, was that why canon Lois wasn't interested in Clark.

She would have gone out with him? Right. Lois Lane. /wonders if we ever had a story where her nickname was Lois, the fast Lane/
There's always good old "Hurricane Lane". wink

Shouldn’t she be addressing them by name, given she watches it rather consistently?
Fine, I'll WATCH the Pilot one more time and see if I can catch the names. /grumbles about all the research that takes writer away from writing.../ wink

/hands her a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide/ Being a blonde is no longer an unreachable goal.
It was my understanding that Lois is never envious of blonde hair.

She would sell her body to help him?
/Points to last story/ No? <<ducking>>

What about Chuck?
She turned him down. He didn't get the job. She'll probably never see him again.

Which would all be beside the point. Her story. Her territory.
Anything she wants to write about and/or has been told to cover is HER territory.

Only one. Well, two. But it’s up to her not to confuse them.
Well, let's see he currently answers to: Clark, Kent, CK, Superman, and Jerome. (oh, and Chuck.)

She really does have selective perception, doesn’t she? Sure thing, she’s no Sherlock Holmes to Jimmy’s Watson.
Selective memory. Why would Perry assign her the new guy? She's the great Lois Lane!

Which would interest Perry why?
grasping at straws? No dating in the office policy? To show Perry what a sexist fiend his new reporter that she begged him to hire the day before was.

Only if she sleeps with him. And lets her story lying around for Chuck to take off with.
Both male. Both reporters. It could happen.

So, he’s going to stay a Chuck?
To Lois.

Oh dear. I liked the other Lois better. Well, differently. I do find this one a tad bitchy, though. Mmmm spicy.
Right, and Pilot Lois was sweet as honey. Oh, and the one from Another Lois was a couple years older.

After all, how often to buildings go down in Metropolis? Two, three times a year. Tops.
Only the new ones from shoddy workmanship or materials. The historical ones are being knocked down by Luthor to build new stuff all the time.

No, he meant it as a sexual position. Not that he wouldn’t think she’s serious about their working relationship.
"But... But... But... I have more experience than her! Shouldn't I be on top?" thinks Clark.

So, rough sex, then?
Oh, dear. Luthor will be pleased.

So, he needs to push Cat away, again?
She does like a challenge. Plus, she's part bomerrang.

Couldn’t he place a photo there? Lois would probably not work. But maybe some stock photo of a model? Female. If he put a guy’s picture there, it might be a challenge for Cat.
He could put a picture of Lois on his desk, but that might cause some awkward questions. "Oh, it's not you. It's the other Lois from that other dimension. She's married to the other Clark." laugh

She just called him a worm? Oh boy, some girls don’t like being shot down.
Nope.

That would be a twist. Her taking Jimmy, again.
Ooooh. But then he couldn't meet Luthor and become his best buddy.

/waits for Clark to tell her that a date experience cost 200 extra on top of the 500 for the night/
rotflol

Again with the FDK break? Really?
confused Do you mean my weekend offline? It's only a few days. Nobody's stopping you from reading and catching up. laugh

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#86966 06/08/12 08:19 AM
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I have a few minutes before my weekend turns crazy
Oh dear. Like before Lois got committed, crazy?

As long as he's a good reporter, why would they check his references?
One never knows with [Linked Image]

Fear she might come back? (Since his interview was shortly after she disappeared.)
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
#86967 06/10/12 06:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Oh dear. Like before Lois got committed, crazy?
Let's see, trapped in a hotel room without my computer and with two easily bored kids who hang off me for every second and there's nothing (repeat NOTHING) on the TV for them to watch (I mean, come on! What hotel DOESN'T carry the Disney Channel standard, anymore? PLEASE PEOPLE!) During the whole weekend I had 45 minutes to myself (I'm not counting when everyone else was asleep) and that wasn't all at the same time and 15 minutes of that I was fetching fast food... So, yes, like Lois before she got committed. Worse. Let's just say, it's good to be home.

Bad day for CK.

Best just chuck it and go home?
His ride won't be back for 3 months.

Only question he'll have is why they're printing photostories from the honeymoons.
clap He'd probably think it was romantic, tasteless, but romantic.

Define 'quest'. Also, he might have worn a ski mask and then rescued said girl as Clark Kent?
Um... I'm sure that's against the Superman credo somewhere and is mentioned on the "DO NOT ATTEMPT" Page of his handbook.

/points to rumor started here
Really? Hmmm. But that sounds like a funny epilogue to MozartMaid's "European Vacation"... wait, that's the wrong title... it just posted on the Archives recently... Ah, here it is... The European Adventures of Lois Lane

There *is* an episode transcript available. You don't *have* to watch the entire episode.
Nah, I never have to time to watch an entire episode in one sitting anymore. Thank goodness for DVDs!

Alt-Clark's been sleeping around? He really did partake in the floozies over yonder?
<<cough, cough>> WORK experience, Michael. He did work 4 years at the DP in alt-dimension. wink

"Oh, it's not you. It's the other Lois from that other dimension. She's married to the other Clark."

Also, she has this cute, short hair cut this Lois never had. So, must be a different Lois, then.
Exactly.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
#86968 06/11/12 09:50 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, yes, like Lois before she got committed. Worse. Let's just say, it's good to be home.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

#86969 06/11/12 08:04 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome home, Virginia!
Thank you, Michael.

Also, there's new FDK on boards. Okay, I didn't really manage to catch up, but...
Don't worry, now, I'm behind on my FDKing too. Hope Ken, Sue, and SQD aren't too disappointed. blush Trying to catch up by typing in what I wrote in my notebooks this weekend. Sadly, not much ME time to write. frown So, I think I only got barely a part done. So, now, I've fallen behind my 20 part cushion.

/imagines Clark discussing the publication's finer artistic points with Lois/
Strange, I can only see Lois' shocked expression when he attempts to do this. wave

VirginiaR.
---
#86970 06/12/12 08:39 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Sadly, not much ME time to write. [Frown] So, I think I only got barely a part done. So, now, I've fallen behind my 20 part cushion.
/hugs Virginia and gets ready to distract her with part 5 FDK/

Strange, I can only see Lois' shocked expression when he attempts to do this.
goofy

wave Michael

#86971 06/12/12 08:48 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Darth Michael:
/hugs Virginia and gets ready to distract her with part 5 FDK/
thud

EDIT: Oh, wait. That wasn't a 5 part FDK, you meant Part 5 FDK. laugh blush

VirginiaR.
---
#86972 06/12/12 09:00 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
wave Michael

#86973 10/11/12 08:53 AM
Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Sorry for chiming in so late on this but I just finished Wrong Lois (LOVED it) on the archive and rushed over to see if the next volume in the trilogy was available - yay!

I'm getting the biggest kick out of the way Lois keeps calling Clark "Chuck." What IS the guy's name anyway?? laugh Really enjoying the creative and seamless mixture of canon from the show and your clever and subtle variations.

One small constructive criticism which I hope you won't mind - I noticed a tendency to repeat certain phrases a bit too often (to me) in Wrong Lois, and that had a tendency to pull me out of the flow of the story. The two phrases were "Lois pressed her lips together" and "...waved the comment out of the air." Perhaps those phrases could be modified somewhat in Book 2 so that they aren't repeated too often?

Loving this, Virginia, and on to part 3...

V

The world is made up of three kinds of people: those who can count, and those who can't.
#86974 10/13/12 12:51 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Vicki K:
Sorry for chiming in so late on this but I just finished Wrong Lois (LOVED it) on the archive and rushed over to see if the next volume in the trilogy was available - yay!
I'm glad you enjoyed "Another Lois."

I'm getting the biggest kick out of the way Lois keeps calling Clark "Chuck." What IS the guy's name anyway?? laugh Really enjoying the creative and seamless mixture of canon from the show and your clever and subtle variations.
Thanks. Sometimes it's those subtle differences are what makes it difficult to keep the story on track (not this far in, but later on.) wink

One small constructive criticism which I hope you won't mind - I noticed a tendency to repeat certain phrases a bit too often (to me) in Wrong Lois, and that had a tendency to pull me out of the flow of the story. The two phrases were "Lois pressed her lips together" and "...waved the comment out of the air." Perhaps those phrases could be modified somewhat in Book 2 so that they aren't repeated too often?
Oh, dear. blush I try to show what a character is thinking or feeling without using dialogue. Yes, I have a bad habit of repeating key phrases. I believe that in "Missing Lois" my G.E. cut out a whole MB or two of sighs alone. LOL. I don't believe this Lois gestures away dialogue as often as she does in "Another Lois", but the lips pressing together... er... hmmmmm. blush I'll try to come up with other phrases to express displeasure. I don't often realize I'm repeating them as often as the Reader does, so please keep letting me know if do this and I'll work on changing up the descriptive phrases. <<She types with a wry, skeptical eyebrow arched.>> laugh

Loving this, Virginia, and on to part 3...
smile1

VirginiaR.
---
#86975 12/19/12 12:53 PM
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I have begun my re-read, and I noticed two typos that are just getting to me.

except to learn that it had been hit orchestrated by some shadowy underworld figure known as “The Boss”.
I am pretty sure it should be "a hit".

The Metropolis Star was closest newspaper, but he hoped never to be that desperate for a paycheck.
I am pretty sure this should be "was the closest newspaper".

So far things flow well, but I am not that far in, so that does not say much.

John Pack Lambert
#86976 12/19/12 03:45 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by John Lambert:
I have begun my re-read, and I noticed two typos that are just getting to me.

except to learn that it had been hit orchestrated by some shadowy underworld figure known as “The Boss”.
I am pretty sure it should be "a hit".

The Metropolis Star was closest newspaper, but he hoped never to be that desperate for a paycheck.
I am pretty sure this should be "was the closest newspaper".

So far things flow well, but I am not that far in, so that does not say much.
Thanks, John, I'll get those corrected. smile1

VirginiaR.
---
#86977 12/19/12 04:37 PM
Columnist
Columnist
*Gets out my Beta Wacking Stick*

Oh... wait...

.talk nerdy to me.
#86978 12/19/12 04:52 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
*Gets out my Beta Wacking Stick*

Oh... wait...
rotflol Don't you dare wack my Betas! They're the best. laugh

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
“He asked me out,” she explained.

Perry grinned. “Shows that he’s brave.”

Lois shot her boss a glare.

“Or really stupid. I’m sure once he gets to know you, that won’t happen again.”

Hah! Story of my life!

Was that what it was called in this dimension? Sounded like a date to him.

Sounds like a date to me too. huh

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MrsLuthor: wave

Originally Posted by ML
Originally Posted by WC 2
“He asked me out,” she explained.

Perry grinned. “Shows that he’s brave.”

Lois shot her boss a glare.

“Or really stupid. I’m sure once he gets to know you, that won’t happen again.”
Hah! Story of my life!
I hope not. Then again, perhaps you haven't found your Clark Kent yet.

Originally Posted by ML
Originally Posted by WC 2
Was that what it was called in this dimension? Sounded like a date to him.
Sounds like a date to me too. huh
I wouldn't know. Sounded like a date to me, three.
LOIS: A date doesn't have anything to do with business and ends with a kiss.
CLARK: I say, it's a date.

I've always wondered why it was so important to Lois to arrive with a date, whom she ditched shortly thereafter to stalk Lex Luthor. Jimmy, Perry, and Cat all seemed to be there without dates (although, I'm sure Cat was planning on leaving with one). Any theories?

Thanks for being will to re-read this insane (in length) story and give me pithy comments. You're the best! notworthy

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
I've always wondered why it was so important to Lois to arrive with a date, whom she ditched shortly thereafter to stalk Lex Luthor. Jimmy, Perry, and Cat all seemed to be there without dates (although, I'm sure Cat was planning on leaving with one). Any theories?

It's completely acceptable for a guy to show up to an event alone. It's considered pathetic when a woman does it. #DoubleStandard

I once made my very recent ex still attend a wedding with me because I had already RSVP'd for two and don't want the chair next to me to be empty. Apparently, I still had control even after the relationship. lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by MrsLuthor
It's completely acceptable for a guy to show up to an event alone. It's considered pathetic when a woman does it. #DoubleStandard
So sad that Lois bought into this Double Standard.

I once made my very recent ex still attend a wedding with me because I had already RSVP'd for two and don't want the chair next to me to be empty. Apparently, I still had control even after the relationship. lol
Yes, but that was a wedding, not a work-related event. Those rules are completely different. And YES, you totally rocked the power in that relationship.

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard