Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Okay, you lost me here. What would be out of character? <<bites fingernails>> Alt-Clark falling for another Clark's Lois? Alt-Clark asking canon Lois to stay in his dimension because he fell in love with her? Alt-Clark almost kissing another Clark's wife? Oh, wait, THAT happened in canon already. That's why Clark moved to this dimension, no other Clark competition. [Wink] Or so he thinks.
It's not your story that I'm seeing as out o character. It's Alt-Clark and Canon Clark coming to blows...then again there were times during the Clone/Deter arcs that it seems like the only reason he (Canon Clark) didn't come to blows with both Luthor and Deter was the fact that he could potentially kill them. With Alt-Clark there's a much more even playing field.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by Christina:
It's not your story that I'm seeing as out of character.
Phew. That's a relief.

It's Alt-Clark and Canon Clark coming to blows...then again there were times during the Clone/Deter arcs that it seems like the only reason he (Canon Clark) didn't come to blows with both Luthor and Deter was the fact that he could potentially kill them. With Alt-Clark there's a much more even playing field.
Been there, done that. New story, new ideas. laugh (No, really. I know I repeat themes in my stories :rolleyes: , but that's not one of them, I swear [Linked Image] ) Anyway, wasn't that done when Superman fought SuperClone in "Vatman"?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
[b] It's not your story that I'm seeing as out of character.
Phew. That's a relief.

It's Alt-Clark and Canon Clark coming to blows...then again there were times during the Clone/Deter arcs that it seems like the only reason he (Canon Clark) didn't come to blows with both Luthor and Deter was the fact that he could potentially kill them. With Alt-Clark there's a much more even playing field.
Been there, done that. New story, new ideas. laugh (No, really. I know I repeat themes in my stories :rolleyes: , but that's not one of them, I swear [Linked Image] ) Anyway, wasn't that done when Superman fought SuperClone in "Vatman"? [/b]
I don't know... it always seemed like Clark didn't really want to fight him at all. And as for the "jealous" type reaction, I don't believe he actually did. From what I can recall, Clark didn't move in on the apartment until after it was obvious that SuperClone was making very obvious untoward, unappreciated moves on Lois. I suspect if they had been accepted he might not have burst into the apartment. He might have regretted listening in, but he would have turned away. Not to mention this is at a different point in their relationship than later in the series, when their relationship was at a different stage.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I don't know... it always seemed like Clark didn't really want to fight him at all. And as for the "jealous" type reaction, I don't believe he actually did. From what I can recall, Clark didn't move in on the apartment until after it was obvious that SuperClone was making very obvious untoward, unappreciated moves on Lois. I suspect if they had been accepted he might not have burst into the apartment. He might have regretted listening in, but he would have turned away. Not to mention this is at a different point in their relationship than later in the series, when their relationship was at a different stage.
Knowing that SuperClone wasn't the real Superman, do you really think CK would have let SuperClone spend any/much time alone with the woman he loves, even if on "good" behavior? I can't see him allowing that.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
If she knew why he was rescuing her, would she resent him?
Duh!

Would she think that he felt she owed him something?
As in sexual favors?

Would he ever be able to convince her that he would be happy just having her in the world?
Yeah. Right.

Breathing in. Breathing out.
Maybe next to him in bed.

Knowing she was safe, hopefully happy.
After said sexual favor.

He would not expect anything nor should he.
Except the sex.

He would love her. He didn’t require that she return his love.
Eeehhh… It might help if it was mutually contentious. Less hassle.

“I hate leaving any dimension without a Superman.”
This dimension killed off their Lois. It doesn’t deserve a Superman.

“She’s not your Lois. Remember that, Clark. This might not work.”
Eeeehhh…

ordinary man be able to catch the heart of Lois Lane, ace investigative reporter at the Daily Planet?
Without another woman to make him interesting? Oh, right. You didn’t mention an abundance of cattiness.

If Clark was able to win this new Lois’ heart, he would be free and clear to love her without fear that someday the rightful Clark from this dimension would show up and call foul!
Eeeeeehhhh… /has noticed that Virginia did never mention the title of Book 3/

Superman Cheats Landowner Out of Fortune in Gold.
He could dig on the bottom of the sea? Or, actually, go after the Caribbean gold?

He had been pleased to hear himself called ‘jerk’, ‘tourist’, ‘hick’, and ‘goody-goody two shoes’
confused

– the last for depositing a rare piece of trash he had found on the ground in a garbage can.
Wow, people are attentive in this Metropolis. Usually, you only get talked at if you cause discomfort to someone.

He smiled, Lana had hated this place.
wave Michael

Edit: BttF has swear words in them? Huh. I really need to dig out those DVDs. And Short Circuit, too? jawdrop Of course, I've always only seen the synchronized version (need to get my hands on the original). Maybe they cut them out... Probably, considering what they did to Bruce Willis's catchphrase from Die Hard in German. I think it's even less of an invective than 'bastard' is compared to what he says in English.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael! Welcome to my next ride! (I promise not as dark and a lot less deadly.)

As in sexual favors?

Maybe next to him in bed.

After said sexual favor.

Except the sex.
One track mind much?

Are you saying that maybe, possibly, there might be a fair chance you've read something like that somewhere before? wink

Eeehhh… It might help if it was mutually contentious. Less hassle.
thumbsup Let me guess Bruce said something about "Schweine"? Not quite the same.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Welcome to my next ride! (I promise not as dark and a lot less deadly.)
So, Nightfall is not going to crack the Earth open like an egg and throw the pieces out of their natural orbit?

One track mind much?
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, Nightfall is not going to crack the Earth open like an egg and throw the pieces out of their natural orbit?
What Nightfall does or does not do has been explained in Another Lois. Why should that change? Oh, right, Superman! Hmmmm. wink

/blames reading ahead in Sue's fic/
Well, that's a recommendation if I've heard one.

Hmm... I don't think so... At least, nothing jumps to the forefront of my mind...
I meant the Prologue from this story. wink

It was the will of the Living Force (TM). You never know with those nasty midichlorians.
Now, THERE's a crossover waiting to happen.

Drat. Nix the "n't". Shouldn't be writing FDK when I'm almost all eviled out.
clap I have a tendency to do the opposite. My Betas are constantly adding "not" and "n't" to my sentances. :rolleyes:

He did *what*? And he really should know better. Don't tell me, he was checking the men out to see if they where packing Uzi's *and* 9-mils and the women whether they wore garter-belts or pantyhose?
No, he's pretending he's normal, remember. So, no x-ray vision.

Oops. Only knew middle-of-19th century. Which means clap

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"> Quote: /remembers Sliders episode where Einstein told them the nuke wouldn’t work. War lasted longer. And then, decades later they had no nuke to stop an asteroid.

So, Nightfall was THEIR fault!

Who's? /is missing some hint/
So, "Them" being the "Sliders".

Yes, I know. Clark singing is most likely cause for cracked windows in Smallville.

Is that one of those crop-circles you're so fond of?
Clark's singing makes crop circles? laugh

Yeah. Schweinebacke instead of the parental reference. Which is literally pig cheek. And I never heard it anywhere else before or after, so I don't think it's an actually established namecalling-name in German. And then you watch it in English, and hey, why is he swearing like that instead of just causing lot's of blood stains on floors and walls
I think I know "what" they were trying to say, but like the twins names cannot be said on the Gfic boards. Sorry.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, that's a recommendation if I've heard one.
blush

I meant the Prologue from this story.
Right. Duh! Did I react that way back then, too?

Now, THERE's a crossover waiting to happen.
Geek question for The Big Bang Theory: Who'd win, a Jedi or Superman? And is Superman impervious to lightsabers?

I have a tendency to do the opposite. My Betas are constantly adding "not" and "n't" to my sentances.
/imagines Virginia writing how Lois did want to consummate with Lex/

No, he's pretending he's normal, remember. So, no x-ray vision.
wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right. Duh! Did I react that way back then, too?
No, you're creatively different each time I repeat myself.

Geek question for The Big Bang Theory: Who'd win, a Jedi or Superman? And is Superman impervious to lightsabers?
Only the green lightsabers can hurt him. wink

/imagines Virginia writing how Lois did want to consummate with Lex/
Something like that. blush How she did want to date Clark. How Clark was the man for her. How there was another man out there for her. That sort of thing. wink Freudian slips?

But...they're not wearing lead-based underwear!
True. This isn't Gotham City.

Oh. No. Asteroid came on it's own. It was the Sliders' fault that the US ended up with nuclear weapons, nuclear powerplants, and a way to convince other nations (who didn't have said nuclear weapons) to take care of (read 'store') the spent fuel rods.
Oh. Well, if I remember correctly from my ASU watching, didn't the nuke miss anyway?

/mutters about Virginia being quite slippery/
Thanks. <<brow furrows>> I think.

Hmm...Possibly. The guy Bruce *didn't* shoot was Beavis?
I'm sorry, even though it may not seem like it at times but I DO have standards and Beavis & his buddy don't meet them.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
No, you're creatively different each time I repeat myself.
laugh

Only the green lightsabers can hurt him.
So, the Sith should switch to green crystals, then?

Something like that. [Embarrassed] How she did want to date Clark. How Clark was the man for her. How there was another man out there for her. That sort of thing. [Wink] Freudian slips?
And they noticed? eek [Linked Image]

Oh. Well, if I remember correctly from my ASU watching, didn't the nuke miss anyway?
True.

quote: /mutters about Virginia being quite slippery/

Thanks. <<brow furrows>> I think.
cool And did just recently call Lois slippery, didn't you?

I'm sorry, even though it may not seem like it at times but I DO have standards and Beavis & his buddy don't meet them.
Umm...nono, I only know of them because it's hard not to be aware of them. Well, unless you shun all useless trivia and stuff. Anyhow, 'buddy' was the easiest way to circumscribe things you can't say.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
So, the Sith should switch to green crystals, then?
Only if they expect to come upon Kryptonians visiting / living in a yellow sunned systems.

Something like that. [Embarrassed] How she did want to date Clark. How Clark was the man for her. How there was another man out there for her. That sort of thing. [Wink] Freudian slips?

And they noticed? eek
Of course! I have terrific Betas! Anyone who reads my stuff and keeps coming back for more is tops in my book! thumbsup

And did just recently call Lois slippery, didn't you?
Very possibly. [Linked Image]

Umm...nono, I only know of them because it's hard not to be aware of them. Well, unless you shun all useless trivia and stuff. Anyhow, 'buddy' was the easiest way to circumscribe things you can't say.
Know of Beavis & BH. Of course. There were a few years I couldn't escape them when I tried (and believe me I tried). I believe "buddy" was my term for Beavis' pal, but that's what happens when a few days pass between FDK comment postings, you end up going confused wave

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Of course! I have terrific Betas!
help

Anywho, we were talking about 'Die Hard' and Bruce shouting about killing pigs and you suggested he killed Beavis which is OKAY by me.
wave Michael

Columnist
Columnist
Guess who started at page one!!

This dimension and his dimension shared the same history until roughly the mid-1800s, at which time something changed and the two dimensions’ histories diverged. Should he ever get bored – and Clark chuckled at that ever being a possibility – he would try to pinpoint the exact year, if not date, the two dimensions’ paths changed and the cause. He was sure Wells, with his love of history, would be intrigued.

I'm intrigued also. *wonders if this is explored waaaay later*

Clark hoped he wouldn’t be required to write any articles about the man, he thought sourly.

Nobody asked you, Clark, so shut up.

He didn’t like all the little white lies that came with moving here.

Not to mention the ENORMOUS one?

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
MrsLuthor: Yea! hyper You're back! dance

Guess who started at page one!!
Guess who was one of my betas for this first 75ish parts. wink Granted that was several years and a zillion medical facts ago, so you're allowed a memory lapse.

Originally Posted by ML
Originally Posted by WC P/1
This dimension and his dimension shared the same history until roughly the mid-1800s, at which time something changed and the two dimensions’ histories diverged. Should he ever get bored – and Clark chuckled at that ever being a possibility – he would try to pinpoint the exact year, if not date, the two dimensions’ paths changed and the cause. He was sure Wells, with his love of history, would be intrigued.
I'm intrigued also. *wonders if this is explored waaaay later*
It's on my to-do list. Don't worry, I haven't forgotten about it. evil

Originally Posted by ML
Clark hoped he wouldn’t be required to write any articles about the man, he thought sourly.
Nobody asked you, Clark, so shut up.
Ooooooh. Somebody doesn't want Mr. X-Ray eyes to dig up naughty stuff on her hubby!

Originally Posted by ML
He didn’t like all the little white lies that came with moving here.
Not to mention the ENORMOUS one?
Enormous one? Oh, yeah. That he fell in love with a different Lois from another dimension, first. That one, right? wink

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Guess who was one of my betas for this first 75ish parts. wink Granted that was several years and a zillion medical facts ago, so you're allowed a memory lapse.

I'm pretty sure I beta'd well into the 100s BUT reading this felt like the first time! Some parts I remembered and had some Aha moments on because I start to recall a bit. It's been too long indeed!

College truly ruined my poor brain. It doesn't remember how to read for leisure.

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by MrsLuthor
I'm pretty sure I beta'd well into the 100s BUT reading this felt like the first time! Some parts I remembered and had some Aha moments on because I start to recall a bit. It's been too long indeed!
And you'd be right. Another look back over my notes, it seems that you made it through about the first 130ish parts before RL took over your free time.

College truly ruined my poor brain. It doesn't remember how to read for leisure.
I know the feeling. Kids do the same thing for me. wink

VirginiaR.
---
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard