Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Arrow has apparently been renewed for a fourth series, and there is going to be yet another spinoff next year - Legends of Tomorrow, which is described as "Rip Hunter travels back in time to the present day where he brings together a team of heroes and villains in an attempt to prevent Vandal Savage from destroying the world and time itself." The list of characters looks interesting:

Victor Garber as Professor Martin Stein / Firestorm
Brandon Routh as Ray Palmer / The Atom
Caity Lotz as Sara Lance / White Canary
Arthur Darvill as Rip Hunter: A roguish time traveler who hides the strains of being responsible for history itself behind a facade of charm and wit.
Ciara Renée as Kendra Saunders / Hawkgirl: A young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl.
Franz Drameh as Jay Jackson: A former high school athlete whose pro career was derailed by an injury who now works as an auto mechanic.
Dominic Purcell as Mick Rory / Heat Wave
Wentworth Miller as Leonard Snart / Captain Cold

No Supergirl, which is a little odd if that's supposed to be based in the same universe.

later - there's a trailer!

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 05/15/15 07:52 PM.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I'll have to say, it certainly look interesting smile1

Supergirl will be flying around on CBS this fall, so she doesn't have time to relax on TheCW. And, of course, Batman (okay, Batmini) is brooding on FOX. Funny, how just the MARVEL guys are all lounging on a single station.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
And it gets worse - Apparently there is going to be yet another show, based on Teen Titans, on yet another channel, TNT. See the Teen Titans entry in Wikipedia:

TNT has ordered a pilot for a live-action TV series based on the Teen Titans called Blackbirds, formaly titled Titans, about Dick Grayson emerging from Batman's shadow to become Nightwing, the leader of a band of heroes including Starfire, Raven, Oracle, and Hawk & Dove. The pilot was written by Akiva Goldsman and Marc Haimes with filming set in Toronto in the summer and casting announced in May. On May 13, 2015, TNT president Kevin Reilly said that they hope to have the casting locked down by the summer and that he believes the show will be "very true" to the comics and "groundbreaking."

So DC will have shows on several different channels and no continuity feeding into their movies. Idiots...

Marcus L. Rowland
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
The rights may have been sold a while ago. That is why no X-Men in the MCU along with several other bits.

Features Writer
Features Writer
I don't think they're idiots at all for doing it this way. In fact, I think it might be the smarter option. Everyone says Marvel has DC completely beat on the movie department, and it must have seemed like a death knell when Marvel also started their television shows, but DC knows how to do television (arguably) better than Marvel. I don't want to watch Agent Carter or Agents of Shield, and I don't like Iron Man or Black Widow, or even the Hulk really, but I love Captain America -- so for me, it's a bit frustrating trying to follow the Captain America movies when there's so much else you need to know.

DC, on the other hand, is able to cater to many different types of viewers -- not everyone is going to want to watch Supergirl, but they might watch Flash or the Teen Titans. I don't watch Arrow because I don't like dark, grim, and brooding, but I love Flash because I like the lighter touch and the truer hero. The tiny crossovers are fun but not overwhelming, because all I need to know about Arrow they give me within the Flash framework. I will definitely be watching Supergirl, and I might try the Teen Titans because I love Nightwing, but if I don't like it, at least I won't be completely lost watching any of the other DC shows.

They're different approaches, and frankly, I like DC's better and I also think it's better long-term. I can pick and choose what I watch without having to worry about missing large chunks of continuity. And since DC has a hard time doing anything without being compared to the blockbuster Marvel works, going a completely different route seems like the better part of valor to me.

Last edited by AntiKryptonite; 05/16/15 08:52 PM.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I heard about this show a while back, before it even had a title and saw the trailer when it first came out. I thought it looked pretty good and since I watch both Arrow & The Flash, I'm already familiar with many of the characters.

When the show premieres I'll be adding it to my schedule and watch it along with Arrow & The Flash.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
Kerth
Kerth
I loved Prison Break and was thrilled that when Wentworth Miller was cast in The Flash, he suggested they hire Dominic Purcell as well. Very happy to see the two of them will both be in this new series as well. clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Kerth
Kerth
I'm actually excited to learn of another DC series! (Nervous about the Teen Titans one, but it's TNT so... meh.) I agree with AntiK. I love Marvel to death, but I really am worried that they're starting to spin out of control. They announced a whole lineup of movies into the next decade! I'm a nerd and I love all the easter eggs and subtle connections, but even I don't have enough time to keep up with it all. Movies are one thing, but as it is I'm already only watching AoS every three episodes, and haven't even touched Agent Carter or Daredevil yet. Right now they're on a high because of Avengers 2, but they're not going to be able to keep pleasing everybody. With DC, I can pick and choose what I like: Lois and Clark's Superman, Nolan's Batman, Arrow and pretty much the JLAU for everything else. laugh I haven't gotten to Flash yet, and I decided that I'm gonna let Gotham slide past, but the great thing is that I don't *have* to watch them all to be happy with my show. I can go my own pace with it all, and that's good by me.

Plus, I love Victor Garber (I <3 Alias!). So I'll definitely give it a shot! Thanks for letting us know, Marcus!

Last edited by Mouserocks; 05/18/15 02:58 AM.

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
I'm not saying DC needs to do the completely integrated thing that Marvel is trying - it would just be nice if the series didn't contradict each other and the films!

Marcus L. Rowland

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard