OP Offline
Kerth
Comments go here smile

Corrina.

A
Columnist
Columnist
A
This is, hands down, my favorite part of the show. There are just so many possibilities! And you've come up with one that I've never read or thought about before...H.G. Wells. I'm excited to see where this is going, especially because there's always more coming than you ever imply at the beginning of a story!

This seems like an older, wiser, less bumbling H.G. Wells, which is always nice. smile

So glad you're posting another story!

Amber smile

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I always feel so hard for Clark during that scene. It's such a painful moment. Not only is he rejected after daring to tell the woman he loves that he loves her, but Lois puts Lex BEFORE him on the men she likes list. That is, if Clark's alter-ego won't have anything to do with her. At least, Lex comes after Superman. One would think it would count for something, but it doesn't.

Hmmmmm. Two days in 1996. Which two days will they be? Will they be the two days while she's in love with Clark? Or their honeymoon? Or will it be an alt universe where she actually married to Lex? Ugh. Whence where we venture, I wonder.

Also, Perry is no longer her boss, being the Daily Planet is gone, so how would he stop Lois from writing a story about Lois's visit to the future? It would never air on LNN, though. I guess Lois is so new to LNN and the DP's demise so recent, making such a mistake is understandable. Wells can be forgiven for such a gaff being that he's traveling through time.

I'm curious which two days Wells means though.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Oh my. Wells.

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
Kerth
Kerth
Well, this first part sure does leave the rest of the story open, doesn't it? Two consecutive days or not? Two days in the canon timeline or in an alternate timeline? Oh, that Wells, always poking his nose into L&C's business! I'm looking forward to seeing where you take this idea. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Welome back to the MB, Corrina. And YAY! A new Corrina-fic. smile smile smile

What an intriguing premise. I'm looking forward to reading more. I'm wondering whether Lex takes a dive in this universe as he did in canon. If not, and if the 1996 Lois is canon-1996 Lois, I'm wondering how she will deal with the revelation of CK being S. One thing I do know without a doubt, however, is that wherever you take the story, I will be along for what will surely be an excellent ride.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
What a great and interesting idea!

I'm looking forward to the next part.

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome back. So glad to see another story from you Corrina. Already hooked and excited for the next instalment.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
So awesome to see another of your fics on the boards Corrina! The first part promises an intriguing fic and I already can't wait for part 2! Welcome back!! smile

Cheers from across the ditch
Elizabeth

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love time travel stories! hyper As they are going to 1996 (the year of L&C's wedding) I imagine she is going to spend two days with Clark. But I could be wrong, of course. Two days with Luthor would be a nightmare! shock Let's see what is Wells's plan. help

Next part, please! smile1

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I-Am-Excited! hyper

A new story by Corrina clap. Starting off during one of my all-time favorite scenes from the show clap (Yeah...even though this scene doesn't end well for Clark, I just absolutely love the honesty, the emotion, as he tells her how he finally feels). That includes HG Wells/Time Travel clap. What a great combination!

My brain went immediately to 1996--Where are we in the show? What's happening? Last half of season 3 / First half of season 4. If it's two years pretty much exactly from BATP, then potentially TAG,D timeframe? But then, also, you mentioned that we were in canon up to when the story starts, but that 'anything after this is fair game'?....So, I assume, 1996 could look pretty much like anything shock.

I'm hoping, obviously, for two days with Clark...but maybe Lois needs to see her future with Lex (if she were to choose to marry him) from her 1994 decision.

So many ways this could go. It'll be great, of that I am sure.

Can't wait for more, Corrina grin
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
Amber I like the scene, too, although I do think it is one of Lois's lowest moments. As Virginia says, it's OK that she felt she didn't love Clark, but to judge Lex to be worthy husband material (but Clark not) is pretty damning.

Virginia Good point about HG. Maybe he knows the DP has to survive somehow. Maybe he's trying to tell Lois that she can't possibly be silly enough to give up on the things that are important.

The fact that Lois doesn't correct him might mean she can't completely imagine a world without the DP.

Tailee Someone had to do something!

Groobie So interesting that you can see a lot of possibilities. From the time this idea first germinated, I could only see one possible way forward. LOL.

Lynn More possibilities!

Sydney Lovely to hear from you. So glad you're reading.

Kathryn Two Days Together means ... wink

Victoria Hi and thanks for the welcome back.

Elizabeth Hi from across the ditch. Lovely to have you reading along, Elizabeth.

Andreia Imagine if HG dumped Lois at the bottom of the aisle, about to walk up it to marry Clark!! Had not thought of that, but the wedding/honeymoon could make a great story.

Laura Even more possibilities! Thanks for your enthusiasm, Laura.

Thanks to everyone reading and those who left FDK.

Second part coming soon.

Corrina.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard