OP Offline
Pulitzer
Story is Here.

Comments go here. smile
I hope you like!

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oh my 'laugh out loud' goodness. I loved that. I just made my hubby listen to it as I read it out to him as well.

Can't believe you came up with that so quickly. It is awesome.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Boy, that was quick!

Month of nothing on the Lois Lane's Travels front and then within 30 minutes of the posting of the challenge you whip this out. whistle

Kidding aside, this was outstanding!

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This was the most fantastic part of my day. I seriously cannot stop laughing. I can totally see Lois going for Arwen - wanting that epic romance in her life. But Clark makes a great point about Eowyn - come to think of it, I *could* see Lois as Eowyn - especially how she finds the true love of Faramir when she least expects it, and after chasing after the wrong guy (sort of like how she finds Clark after blindly chasing Lex).

And, if Clark has to be a hobbit next year...well, Sam and Rosie Cotton are adorable together. wink

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
rotflol clap

Perfect! I love it!

I was amused by the comparison of Lois to Eowyn and the concession stand foods. The WAFF was good, and I loved the subtext of Clark's part of the dialogue regarding different worlds.

Your muse must have been inspired, not only to come up with such a brilliant story, but to do so so quickly. *Thank you* for answering the challenge. smile

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
I loved it, save for Lois attitude towards Éowyn:
“Oh, please,” Lois grumbled. “Eowyn was a just a would-be home-wrecker.”

(Uhm, Éowyn is my daughter's third given name. Her dad is the Tolkien fan, though.)

The only known quantity that moves faster than
light is the office grapevine. (from Nan's fabulous Home series)
Features Writer
Features Writer
Lord of the Rings and Lois & Clark -- two of my favorite things together!!! Loved it! I smiled from the beginning, but really laughed the hardest at finding out that Lois was dressed as Arwen after her thoughts about the lack of creativity in the females around her.

Clark's dialogue about Arwen and Aragorn being from different worlds was really insightful, and so clear to us even though it wasn't to Lois. I love that Lois is still attracted to the ideal she THINKS she doesn't believe in anymore and that Clark was brave enough to suggest that he could be her Aragorn -- along with the subtle implied promise that he'd be true to her. So sweet!

As Frodo is my favorite character, though, I have to admit that his last line about taking her though he did not know the way was my absolute favorite part -- and such a great ending to a lovely story!

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
A genius at writing on her feet. notworthy Amazing that you created such a gem in so little time, Queenie. clap

A very fun story. Everyone who beat me to the punch of commenting knows more about the LotR than I do, but I still enjoyed it. I agree with what Anti-K said about... well, she said it best:
Originally Posted by AntiKryptonite
Clark's dialogue about Arwen and Aragorn being from different worlds was really insightful, and so clear to us even though it wasn't to Lois. I love that Lois is still attracted to the ideal she THINKS she doesn't believe in anymore and that Clark was brave enough to suggest that he could be her Aragorn -- along with the subtle implied promise that he'd be true to her. So sweet!
So, ditto for me. I apologize for my lack of creativity (and for literally borrowing AntiK's words), but I'm saving my muse for myself. wink

Very delightful story.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Reading this story so late, I had to be careful not to laugh out loud and wake the family!

Perfectly done. Lois does make an excellent Arwen.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I hate to admit it, but it has been so long since I watched LotR that I was almost completely lost. The context however was adequate for anyone to understand. That is a skill that few have. It is outstanding especially in such a short story to be able to do that. I stand in awe at your skill.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Top Banana
Top Banana
I guess I don't hate to admit it but I have never watched Lord of the Rings, it just never appealed to me. It made the story a bit more difficult to follow but as Ken said there was sufficient context included in the story to allow me to keep up for the most part.

I still remain impressed that you could put this fine of a piece together that quickly (obviously without betas).

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana

I (also) haven't watched LofR, and didn't know about the details you were talking about in the story, BUT--really, I completely enjoyed it none the less smile. Like was mentioned, I was able to pull from the general context, the feel, and the relatability between Lois and Clark what you were trying to show us.

And totally agree with everyone, in a quick story--and one that I didn't have the backstory for--for you to be able to convey so much to me, and in so few words overall, and that does take a ton of talent. Really impressed!

Great job notworthy
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 04/23/15 01:26 PM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Thanks so much, everyone! smile

I'm glad those of you who haven't seen/read LotR were able to follow along.

Lara Joelle Kent: Eep! Sorry, no disrespect was meant; I just figured Lois might be a little more sensitive than most to the idea of a woman going after a guy who's already spoken for. Eowyn's pretty cool (what with slaying witch-kings, and all), but even I found myself shaking my fist and going "Oh no you *don't*! He belongs to Arwen!"

Mike: Lois Lane's Travels isn't dead; don't worry. I've been meaning to write some more; I just need to get it jump-started.

Thanks again, everyone! smile

But most of all: Lynn, thank you for the challenge! It helped me get back into my writing groove after a long time of nothing. sloppy

~•~
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
Thanks so much, everyone! smile

Mike: Lois Lane's Travels isn't dead; don't worry. I've been meaning to write some more; I just need to get it jump-started.

I was just poking fun, though I really miss the Travel series...

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Great story...and a fabulous idea for meeting the challenge! clap

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
“I will take you to the onion rings,” he said as she slipped her hand into the crook of his arm. “Though, I do not know the way.”

Bwaahh-hah-hah-hah-hah!

For those who haven't seen the movie, here's the relevant clip.

Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Queenie!

A/N: A response to the Lois Elfs Herself challenge. I hope y'all enjoy
Ah, yes. [Linked Image] Although, given the adorable Nell/Eric Christmas Elf scene in NCIS LA a couple of years ago, Lois as a Christmas Elf…especially considering her appreciation of the holiday. I wonder if Mxy could help with that… [Linked Image]

But I digress…

Lois ducked behind a vending machine before Clark could see her. This was not good, not good at all!
Is she an actual elf?

Unfortunately, the mouth of the hallway was blocked by a group of orcs.
Is this a modern day LotR? Maybe the males are Orcs and the females are Elfs and they’re all now living in modern day Metropolis?

She dashed down the hallway and towards the bathrooms, only to find herself at the end of a long line of elf-maidens that included at least three other Arwens.
Ah, yes. Movies or some such. Wait, *other* Arwens?

or at the obvious lack of creativity among her fellow cosplayers.
She does see the irony, doesn’t she?

Unfortunately, Clark had already detected her and was moving towards her like a guided missile.
Maybe if she stopped her homing ticker?
CLARK: shock

when he successfully navigated past a troll and four hobbits and came to stand beside her.
clap Great flair!

Clark, of course, wasn't in a costume.
Not a comic convention, then?

Clark was dressed for work
Wouldn’t that be awkward, if he had shown up as Batman?

Of course, it was also possible that Clark “Human Interest” Kent had simply volunteered.
Could have been worse. Could have been Ralph.

His eyebrows rose. “Really? I thought you were off work, today.”

“That's only a cover-story,” she replied.
She’s trying to uncover the man behind the plot to consolidate power under the rule of the One Ring.
CLARK: How did she find out that I was going to propose?

She glanced around, frantically. “A ring...of...jewelry thieves?” She blushed hotly, even as the words left her mouth.
Prime supects:
[Linked Image]

Clark nodded, knowingly. “Ah, yes,” he said. “I hear there's a really important ring that's been missing for a while, now.”
See?
LOIS: [Linked Image]

Lois sighed. “Fine,” she snapped, “I'm here because I'm a Tolkien fan, okay?”
clap

“Go ahead,” she sighed. “Mock me. The great Lois Lane spending her time off wearing a costume—I'm sure you must find it hilarious.”
To be fair, I’m sure he much more enjoyed her chicken outfit. Or the Princess Jasmine one.

His smile vanished. “Er, no,” he stammered. “Wearing a costume isn't
rotflol

Now it was his turn to blush, and Lois found herself wondering what her partner must get up to in *his* free time.
Has to do with wearing tights and underwear for all the world to see.

“So,” he said quickly, “you're dressed as an elf?”

“Arwen Undomiel,” she corrected. “Lady of Rivendell and Queen of the Reunited Kingdom, daughter of Elrond and Celebrian, granddaughter of Galadriel.” Clark fell silent, and she felt her blush returning.
jawdrop

“Oh, please,” Lois grumbled. “Eowyn was a just a would-be home-wrecker.”

“She didn't know that Aragorn was already taken,” Clark pointed out.
laugh
MAYSON: What? Why are you guys looking at me like that?

“Aragorn was a great guy, a hero, and a long-lost king. He could've had any woman he wanted, and Eowyn was practically throwing herself at him, but he kept faith with Arwen, because he loved her.”
CLARK: [Linked Image]

“When Arwen made him that banner, it gave him the courage and strength he needed, so he could do what he had to do—because he knew she was in his corner.” She sighed again.
You certainly had a lot of fun with that one, Mary! Works great clap

Clark looked strangely thoughtful. “They were from two different worlds, weren't they?” he asked. “I mean, she was an elf, and he was human—she had to give up a lot in order to be with him.”
Should I just quote the entire rest with a LnC sticker on it? wink

In real life, love is just that happy feeling you get right before the wreck happens.”
LEX: blush

Clark swallowed. “I was just thinking,” he began. “They have these conventions every year, right? Maybe—maybe next time, I could come with you?”
Aragorn?

He smiled sheepishly at her. “Maybe Aragorn?” he suggested.
See?

“since you haven't started pointing and laughing at this elf-princess get-up,
To be fair, it’s mostly a green hoodie, isn’t it?

I could go for some Onion Rings of Power and a Misty Mountain-Dew.”
laugh

He seemed to light up at that. “I will take you to the onion rings,” he said as she slipped her hand into the crook of his arm. “Though, I do not know the way.”
confused I thought Aragorn was a Ranger? Shouldn’t he be wise to the ways of the world?
LOIS: That’s why he’s a Hobbit.

Great fun!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard