Print Thread
#262595 04/18/15 11:39 PM
E
EL Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
E
I was thinking of a story today, but can't remember what it was called. It is set years after Clark breaks up with Lois. They meet at some sort of formal event. Does anyone know which one I'm thinking of? Thanks.

EL #262687 04/22/15 08:50 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
maybe something written by Stopquitdont. Not sure of the title.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
EL #262690 04/22/15 10:14 AM
Kerth
Kerth
I remember a story where Clark moved overseas (London, I think) after breaking up with Lois for her own good. Both of them are at a charity event in Metropolis. Lois has a fiancee who can tell that Lois and Clark still have feelings for each other, so he lets Lois go. I remember feeling kind of sorry for the guy, even though Lois and Clark get together in the end. Is that the story you're looking for? If so, maybe those details will jog someone else's memory.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
EL #262694 04/22/15 10:57 AM
E
EL Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
E
That definitely sounds like the one. I will keep looking. Thanks.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Morgana
maybe something written by Stopquitdont. Not sure of the title.

Old Flame was about Clark breaking up with Lois for her own good. Leaving and then coming back to town for a children's charity event and meets back with Lois and that lead to...

There was another one that I cannot seem to find that had this plot line. Maybe I will find it later.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
The other story I am thinking about is where Lois and Clark get together physically, they fight, Clark leaves, Lois finds out she's pregnant and of course does not let Clark know, she wins a Pulitzer but cannot attend the ceremony due to having just given birth, the next year Clark wins, Lois presents the award, and they get back together.

Pretty bad description but maybe someone will remember from it...

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by groobie
I remember a story where Clark moved overseas (London, I think) after breaking up with Lois for her own good. Both of them are at a charity event in Metropolis. Lois has a fiancee who can tell that Lois and Clark still have feelings for each other, so he lets Lois go. I remember feeling kind of sorry for the guy, even though Lois and Clark get together in the end. Is that the story you're looking for? If so, maybe those details will jog someone else's memory.

That's Old Flame.

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

EL #262700 04/22/15 11:52 AM
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There're two more stories that I remember that could be the one you're looking for, both by StopQuitDont:

Everywhere - this one involves New Krypton

Mixed Signals - this should be the story Mike described.

And there's Heaven's Prisoners by Demi - Clark and Lois are married but have split up after a tragedy. Clark moves to Europe and come back years later.

If it is none of these maybe you can remember some more detail to jog our memories.

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
EL #262707 04/22/15 01:04 PM
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ehm... Guys, can I ask you to be a little less specific in your descriptions? I know you're trying to help EL, but I was scrolling the post in search of new stories to read, and I feel like you've spoiled them for me...

Go I Know Not Whither and Fetch I Know Not What
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by HiddenMoon
Ehm... Guys, can I ask you to be a little less specific in your descriptions? I know you're trying to help EL, but I was scrolling the post in search of new stories to read, and I feel like you've spoiled them for me...
Good point, HiddenMoon. Feel free to hide any spoilers behind the spoilage bar. Brackets, the word "spoiler" without quotes, end brackets. Ending the spoiler with brackets, /, "spoiler" without quotes, end bracket. (i.e. the same thing you do with Bold and Italics, only substituting spoiler for the b or i.) You can also always use the "switch to full reply screen" and just press the Spoiler button (two past Underline.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
EL #262713 04/22/15 03:45 PM
Top Banana
Top Banana
That would be me, so sorry.

I often forget and get carried away since I have no issues at all with spoilers and often forget others want to be surprised. Also EL's description was vague enough that as Andreia pointed out there were 3 SDQ stories alone that would map to the plot idea and who knows how many other stories by any number of authors might have also as I know I have read others. Anyway I got carried away with the description in my attempt to find the story being searched for and I truly apologize.

Again apologies and I will return to lurking whistle

Mike

Jeremy Bentham

EL #262724 04/22/15 06:06 PM
E
EL Offline OP
Blogger
OP Offline
Blogger
E
Old Flame... That's it. Thanks everyone for the help.

EL #262728 04/22/15 10:16 PM
S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
And here I was thinking it was "John and Lois and Clark and Joan". I thought I finally figured one out first. Oh well, back to my reading. smile
Sarah

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard