Next Thread
Print Thread
#262347 04/08/15 10:22 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I just found this on Cracked.com:

[Linked Image]

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I saw that. It makes me mad actually. A simple glance at Dean's IMDB page would prove that he's done a TON of work since L&C. Maybe not blockbuster hits, but he's always been very upfront that it was his decision to take on smaller projects so as to be able to raise his son.

Henry's career is still in the early stages. Plus, he's starring in Batman vs. Superman. He hasn't had much time post-Superman role to see how things will pan out of him. It's really not anyone's place to say his career has already ended.

Then again, most cracked photo contests are filled with garbage, so there's that.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Christopher Reeve did quite a bit of work other than Superman, too. He was just best known for playing Superman (and frankly, he did a very good job of it).

Most of the "curses" from this photoplasty were stretches at best, but I decided to post this here because of all the debate in some circles over the "Superman curse."

Getting known for playing a particular character isn't limited to people in Superman films and TV shows. It actually happens pretty frequently. Some actors get past that, while others don't (for example, Leonard Nimoy played lots of different characters, but he was always known for playing Spock).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right. Any actor has an equal shot at becoming associated with a particular role.

To be honest, I read some of this photoplasty, but skipped most of it because most of the time, ones like this are stretches at best.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Some actors become so well known for a particular role that it follows them even if they do something outside of the entertainment industry (like Arnold Schwarzenegger being known as the Governator, or Ronald Reagan being called the Gipper).

Believe it or not, this phenomenon can even affect non-professional actors. A local, non-professional actress named Marian Carter played the role of the Senora Moreno in the Ramona Outdoor Play (an annual play in Hemet, CA) for so many years that she came to be known as her character. People would call her at work and ask for the Senora (and everyone knew what they meant). Fortunately, she had a sense of humor and embraced this, even getting a vanity license plate that read 1SENORA.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
On no. There's a curse! shock And I can prove it... Every single person who has seen Superman in any form will die within 150 years of having seen him. (I'm allowing a lot of leeway for possible increases in life expectancy due to medical advances.) wink

Colour me unconvinced.

Joy,
Lynn

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
And ... and their computers will become obsolete! Whatever shall we do!?

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard