Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Karen Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Whee, new part, new part!

How did anyone come to terms with something like that? How did people whose loved ones were terminally ill resign themselves to the knowledge that they would die? That one day, soon, they would no longer be there? Gone, just... absent, not there any more, as if they’d never existed?
*whimper*

When he stopped again, he noticed Henderson’s expression. It was the first time he’d ever seen that man look stupefied.
*cackle* I can just see his face, too. And I love how he helps Lois.. quite a few giggles along with some awws and sniffles.

This was the cunning, diabolical fiend who had plotted the most macabre attempt on her life ever? This old man?
How true.. looks *can* be deceiving...

Griffin laughed again. And then a gunshot rang out.
Why you evil!!!!! Cliffhanger-type-writer-person! NOT FAIR! GAH! How can you do this to us, your loyal readers? Leaving us with a gunshot in the dark? Get back here now!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Wendy!

Okay, so we managed to find Griffin rather quickly. Not bad, that way we can maybe have 3 parts of smoochies instead of just one.

It is an interesting question, how they'll convince Griffin to tell them what the poison is. Griffin seems to have lost everything he cares about and doesn't value his remaining years much, which means that even Superman death-threats (if Clark were to go for such a thing) might not be all that effective.

Perhaps it's possible to figure it out without a confession? By looking at his partner, or the lab? There's gotta be some way! I don't think we can rely on Dr. Sutton!

And as for the gunshot... Wendy, how mean. Fun, but mean. My guess is that Henderson shot Griffin, which will probably erase him from Lois's good book for a while. But trust Wendy to give us some fascinating twist.

Can't wait for the next part! You've got me glued to the boards lately!

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Clark must really be upset to be swearing so much <g>

caught Bill Henderson around the waist.
Bill goes for a ride...

I love the bit between Clark and Bill about the warrant.

Feeling this weak all the time was soul-destroying.
Very perceptive line.

And then a gunshot rang out.
Who do I complain to about your innate cruelty? There has to be a panel somewhere willing to investigate this. I'm sure they could figure out a fitting punishment in, say, 24 hours...

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help They just need to mention his son name.

More ASAP, please.

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Oooh...leave us with a gunshot. That was crafty. Boy you have the art of suspense down. Hurry back and explain this! wallbash

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oy! You are evil! More soon! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Henderson continues to fascinate me. I liked his interactions with L&C in the first half of the chapter. Griffin, meanwhile... ugh. I just wanted to throttle him. Lois' thoughts when he was refusing to give them information on what he'd injected into her were really well-done. The chill seeped into me, too.

By golly, I'm still on the edge of my seat. This continued anticipation can't be good for my heart, but what can I say, I'm strapped into this ride and don't want to get off.

Chris
"Superman is a guy who's seen wonders we'll never see and Lois is to him, one of those wonders."
Top Banana
Top Banana
Superb installment thumbsup

Ok, here are few suppositions to mull over while we await the next post..

How about it's someone else behind after all and he/she shot Griffin once his job was done?

Or maybe Henderson shot him just to call his bluff of not caring about death penalty.

And is the chemist a known character to the LnC universe? Was Jefferson Cole a chemist? evil

~Ankit

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
R
Rac Offline
Columnist
Columnist
R
Great part, Wendy. And great story, so far. I've been eagerly anticipating each new section, even though I've been totally delinquent in commenting. You've captured the emotions of the characters so perfectly and you've shown the evolution of their relationship seamlessly and flawlessly, even though it has occured over the course of just one day. It's amazing what sharing a traumatic experience does to people and how it affects their thinking and I think you're capturing that perfectly.

One thing you might want to keep in mind for the police plotline - cops can entire private property without a search warrant in the US if they do so either under exigent circumstances or to obtain evanescent evidence, both of which may apply to this case. A cop can entire a private building in hot pursuit of a dangerous suspect, or when he or she has reason to believe that someone is in danger and needs immediate assistance. If delaying would create a substantial public danger, the cop doesn't need to waste time getting a warrant. The second issue, evanescent evidence, is also in play here because of the immediate need to seize and analyze any chemicals found to try to match the poison.

Even if a really great lawyer managed to get the results of the warantless search tossed out, there's no way Henderson would get into trouble for his actions because they are clearly in good faith and more than reasonable. As an Inspector (which is actually a very high police rank - above Captain), Henderson would no doubt know all of this. I hope this is useful, and more importantly, I can't wait for more!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
WHAT?! You're going to leave us with a gunshot sound?!

?!

/me grumbles, where did I put that animation...

[Linked Image]

Omg, I can't wait to find out what happens next.
JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

Sorry I haven't commented on the last few parts. frown I've just caught up.

This is superb. So heartwrenching! smile1

Tricia cool

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yeah... what they said. grumble

And Clark was just about to Reveal All to Lois... that's the bit I want to see wink

PJ

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K
Kerth
Kerth
Oops... Lucy Lane is not evil incarnate... Wendy is!!!! mad

Jose eek

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Kerth
Kerth
Another great part! hail I love the guessing game on the boards as much as the story itself! Hmmm...it would be interesting if Luthor shot him - maybe he's involved after all. I'm also waiting for Clark's confession of love. smile Susan

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
eek Darn you Wendy! How do you do it? thumbsup

"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles." Chris Reeve

"Whatever comes our way, whatever battle we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are, and we can always choose to do what's right." Peter Parker

DON'T DOUBT THE ROUTH
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
UH OH!!!! Wendy!! Get back here before we all resort to extreme measures!! [Linked Image]

It's looking more and more like Lois is toast!!

[Linked Image]

Are they ever going to say goodbye? [Linked Image]

I'll be waiting impatiently for more!!

Great section!!! [Linked Image]

Missy [Linked Image]

Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wendy, Wendy, Wendy... I find it verrrrry hard to believe that these cliffhangers are unintentional. A gunshot??? The place you happened to have to end it ended with a gunshot ringing out???? Hmm. Suspicious. :rolleyes:

Now WHO could have fired a gun??? Kyle? Kyle's mother? Brother? Sister? Grandfather? Is this A Griffin Family Revenge? Grrr! Please come back!!!!! goofy has me DYING for more over here!! Please more soooon!!!!

~NICOLE smile

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
As far as I can remember, the only chemist in the show was Miranda from PML. Somehow I can't see her involved in this.

Ms. Richards, you are evil! Pure evil! dizzy

I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind.
Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!
~Dr. Seuss
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Griffin laughed again. And then a gunshot rang out.
Hmmm. goofy

Seriously, though - you sure do write a good Henderson. I love how you've developed his character. You've done that before, in other stories, and have made him somebody we want to know more about.

~Toc

TicAndToc :o)

------

"I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three."
-Elayne Boosler
Columnist
Columnist
You clearly like to see us suffer. How could you end it THERE of all places???? AHH!

It's getting SO amazing now and I am eagerly anticipating more. Quit making us wait darn it!

wildguy wildguy wildguy

Spike: "There's a hole in the world...feels like we ought to have known."
-Angel
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard