Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kmar Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
I just read the whole story and loved it but it has a major flaw in it. In the United States the rapist could petition the courts for a paternity test when the baby is born. So Lois is not out of the woods with the rapist causing her trouble. He could once proven that he is the father also sue for his paternity rights as well as his parents suing for the rights for access to their grandchild.

It would have been more realistic to have Lois take the morning after pill. In a case of rape I don't see Lois having a problem with taking that pill. For one since she was found right after the rape her egg would not have even been fertilized yet, nor implanted in the womb. Plus she would have been taken to the hospital to make sure she was all right and I'm sure asked if she was using birth control and if not if she wanted the morning after pill.

To have a angsty story line it would have made more sense to have her worry about AIDS. Of course after all the worry we would have to have her not have it.

But more than all this I can't buy the cops having one car following her in this situation. They would have probably at least 3 cars following so that they could switch off so that he would not realize he was being followed which is easy if you have the same car following the entire time. So if the one car got a flat their would be others to take up the pursuit.

Again I did love the story I just had a problem with her so easily being raped and getting pregnant.

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi Kmar,

Thanks for taking the time to post your comments on this story. I appreciate it a lot smile

Yes, I know my plotline doesn't work. I spent months trying to come up with a plausible explanation as to how Lois could end up pregnant by someone other than Clark... and still haven't found one, obviously. Which is why I haven't Archived this yet.

I feel very torn about this story. The idea that originally made me write it (Lois and Clark dealing with such a pregnancy) turned out horribly wrong, yet everything before it appears has gone much better than I had originally expected. Many times I considered deleting this part altogether, and if I didn't feel guilty about completely discarding this idea, I would have done so a long time ago. (Maybe it's time...?)

In any case, thanks again for leaving your feedback.
See ya,
AnnaBtG. smile

What we've got here is failure to communicate...

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard