Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
The weather was starting to get warmer. Spring had quickly sprung into early summer.

PLEASE! Not just in Metropolis! The East coast is in desperate need of sunshine and greenery! grovel

Landing, Clark caught the ball on the first bounce, smiled and flipped it to Bo who stood there and stared in awe at the person he now knew was the superhero. The ball fell from his hands, unheeded and he continued to stare as Clark waved, lifted off and flew away.

Don't tell me; Bo knows?

Perry had a sour expression on his face as he said, "Uh-uh. Carpenter's got people out-hustlin' us on the streets, Lois. In the last month they scooped us on every major news story in this city. Now what am I going to lead the afternoon edition with that's gonna change that?

Perry acknowledged Clark's raised hand, " Secretary Wallace is in town to sign that nuclear arms treaty with Omir. Lois and I are waiting to hear on a one-on-one."

Sarcasm was dripping from Lois's voice as she said, "I can see them lining up at the news stands for that."

Perry pegged Lois with his eyes and asked, "You got something better?"

Lois really didn't have anything, but she floated a possibility anyhow, "Police charity scams?"

No one, not even Perry reacted with any enthusiasm.

Indignant at this response, Lois became defensive, "At least it's local."

There are other reporters on the Planet besides The Kents.

He was interrupted by Jack's shout, "Hotel fire!"

Perry, thinking that he was simply offering a suggestion and not reporting a current event said, "That'll do."

See? Even though he's not a reporter, it sure is nice to hear other voices like: Diane, Pete, Eduardo, Applegate, Ralph .... Let me rephrase that EVERYONE, but Ralph. Anyhow, you get my point. It ain't called a bullpen for nothin'! rotflol

Anyhow, just a thought.

Clark felt trapped. He wanted to be giving the story to Lois for the Planet, but couldn't see any way to avoid talking to Linda, "The smoke was very intense. Visibility to the human eye was probably zero. Let's just be glad that woman held on long enough for me to reach her. She's a mother with three kids. And, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go."

Oops .... blush

I can see Linda giving Superman a look that Lois would kill her for if she saw it. Linda is trouble with a capital T!

Last edited by Morgana; 03/11/15 06:49 PM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I've always wanted to see an expanded version of Bo!

M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I can post again! I haven't been able to post since the upgrades were done.

KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Morgana,

Thanks for the FDK!
Originally Posted by Morgana
The weather was starting to get warmer. Spring had quickly sprung into early summer.

PLEASE! Not just in Metropolis! The East coast is in desperate need of sunshine and greenery! grovel

Landing, Clark caught the ball on the first bounce, smiled and flipped it to Bo who stood there and stared in awe at the person he now knew was the superhero. The ball fell from his hands, unheeded and he continued to stare as Clark waved, lifted off and flew away.

Don't tell me; Bo knows?

Personally I never saw that set of commercials, but – there you go. I had the encounter end a little differently.

Perry had a sour expression on his face as he said, "Uh-uh. Carpenter's got people out-hustlin' us on the streets, Lois. In the last month they scooped us on every major news story in this city. Now what am I going to lead the afternoon edition with that's gonna change that?

Perry acknowledged Clark's raised hand, " Secretary Wallace is in town to sign that nuclear arms treaty with Omir. Lois and I are waiting to hear on a one-on-one."

Sarcasm was dripping from Lois's voice as she said, "I can see them lining up at the news stands for that."

Perry pegged Lois with his eyes and asked, "You got something better?"

Lois really didn't have anything, but she floated a possibility anyhow, "Police charity scams?"

No one, not even Perry reacted with any enthusiasm.

Indignant at this response, Lois became defensive, "At least it's local."

There are other reporters on the Planet besides The Kents.

Yes, but the series is about them. They have to take center stage.

He was interrupted by Jack's shout, "Hotel fire!"

Perry, thinking that he was simply offering a suggestion and not reporting a current event said, "That'll do."

See? Even though he's not a reporter, it sure is nice to hear other voices like: Diane, Pete, Eduardo, Applegate, Ralph .... Let me rephrase that EVERYONE, but Ralph. Anyhow, you get my point. It ain't called a bullpen for nothin'! rotflol

Anyhow, just a thought.

I am trying to showcase other individuals such as in the upcoming “Fly Hard” as you are very well aware. Thanks for the loan!

Clark felt trapped. He wanted to be giving the story to Lois for the Planet, but couldn't see any way to avoid talking to Linda, "The smoke was very intense. Visibility to the human eye was probably zero. Let's just be glad that woman held on long enough for me to reach her. She's a mother with three kids. And, if you'll excuse me, I've got to go."

Oops .... blush

I can see Linda giving Superman a look that Lois would kill her for if she saw it. Linda is trouble with a capital T!

The interpersonal relationships are different in this series. Hang on to your hat with this one.

kj
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Hi Meadowrose,

Welcome back! Sorry to hear that you were having problems.

Thanks for the FDK!

Originally Posted by Meadowrose
I've always wanted to see an expanded version of Bo!

I made the encounter end a little differently. I hope you liked it.

kj
M
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
M
I liked it!

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Completely forgot about this episode. Very interested in where interpersonal relationships (as you put it) are going to go. I mean....they're married, so ....can have Clark pretend to leave right? Or could he? So confused, and excited for the next chapter. In the mean time, going to reread the whole series again. smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
KenJ Offline OP
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Terry,

Thanks for the FDK!

Yes, the relationships are different. Clark could pretend to leave the Planet, I suppose, but Lois would surely know about it, don't you think?

I guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out.

kj

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard