Next Thread
Print Thread
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
Hi all,

My son is in camp this weekend, so I'm getting to kick back and enjoy a little TV. I'm in the middle of rewatching "Strange Visitor" and I realize I don't understand something; perhaps someone here can help clarify things for me. Just when things are getting really interesting with Clark's polygraph test, one of Trask's goons says that the perimeter has been penetrated and they clear out pronto. I assume that the goon meant that someone who was onto Trask's scheme (maybe from the government?) had entered the building, but it was never specified. Any idea what made the goon say what he said? Was he just being paranoid, did he think he saw George Thompson or was there some other reason? (And please don't answer that he said it because the writers needed a way to end that scene...)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Right after that scene Perry comes in yelling something about "who are you guys?" because he's gotten word that they aren't from whatever agency they claimed to be from. I always assumed "the perimeter" was in reference to the fact that their cover as a legit government agency was blown.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
L
That sounds plausible, Virginia, except for two things: 1) Perry actually shouts out, "What's going on? I want an explanation?" and 2) Perry then orders Biederman to get legal on the case. Legal does eventually find out that the warrant is fraudulent, but this takes some time. (Legal had to make several phone calls.)

I suppose that Perry could have said something prior to that off-screen that spooked the goon enough to incite Trask to bug out immediately, but I'd have thought that someone in the military wouldn't be spooked so easily, and would realize that they would have at least a few more minutes before they would have to leave. huh

In any event, your theory is better than any I could come up with.

Thanks,
Lynn

Moderated by  bakasi, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard