Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#261280 02/11/15 11:36 PM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Apparently, in the new comic they're upping Superman's heat-vision power to something they're calling "Super Flare". He can take out a city block (why would he want to?), but it depletes him of power for about a day. Maybe Kryptonite was getting passe.

The article I read on DC Comics Blog had a cool picture though that tells when Superman got his powers.

[Linked Image]

Maybe it just kicks in when you're over 75. /ducking/

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
This could be an answer to Queenie's "Clark's Globe, age 50" challenge.

"My son, you are two thirds of the way toward acquiring a new and devastating power. In order to ensure that the power does not destroy large portions of the human race, you must immediately withdraw from all human society and build a fortress in one of earth's coldest locations so that you can meditate until that time."

Thanks for sharing this info and the cool graphic. I noticed the list left out some of his sillier, short-lived powers, such as super-ventriloquism, super-hypnosis, and the ability to shoot rainbows from his fingertips. And I won't even mention the kiss-of-forgetfulness. grumble In the process of verifying that I wan't mis-remembering the rainbow power, I came upon a thread which discussed his powers. I haven't read it yet, so I can't vouch for its contents, but it did look fascinating at a glance. (It's 4:30am. I had planned to get online briefly to do something work-related and then go back to bed, but I decided to check out our MB, and here I am. I plan to read the the cited thread later in the day, but I want to retire again first.)

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I agree with you, Lynn. They kind of over-hyped this "new" power as if he hadn't gotten other powers before.

I liked the "super kiss" mentioned in the link. (Always good to back up references with images.) I thought it was super-hypnotism that erased Lois's mind in S-II, but it must have been a combo of that and the Super-Kiss! LOL. Lois does give it back to Clark in UW, though. wink

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
He lost the red briefs and got a new power. Sounds legit.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Superman had others bizarre powers during the Electric Superman and Superman Red/Superman Blue storylines in 1997 and 1998. He developed energy-based abilities that forced him to adopt a containment suit to prevent the energy dispersing. He could also sense different kinds of energy and absorb radiation. He had mental powers and could become pure energy to pass through walls, etc. It was really strange. dizzy

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15

Moderated by  bakasi, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard