OP Offline
Top Banana
Happy Valentine's Day!!
sloppy twins love

Feedback here please.

Bob

Kerth
Kerth
Wow, Bob. Simple, short, touching, powerful. How do you do it?

Corrina.

Kerth
Kerth
Perfect! sloppy Loved it! Excellent job, Bob!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awww. clap So sweet. It made me rush right over to the Archives to read Lois Lane Meets Superman , which I must say is clap

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
J
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
J
I went back and re-read "Lois Lane Meets Superman". At least I think I read it before.

Now I really have to know, was Clark Kent the "newest staff photographer" mentioned in the piece. I think I missed the lack of Clark so far when I first read it. However on re-reading it I noticed that said photographer is never named.

A very interesting set of developments all around.

I loved how this piece worked out.

John Pack Lambert
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
After reading this, I just had to go back and re-read Lois Lane Meets Superman. Lovely! love I think I really like this alternate universe. smile

~•~
Kerth
Kerth
Nice idea - you can imagine the big nature documentary people trying to recruit him for TV work, and Clark having to find endless excuses not to demonstrate his techniques.

Marcus L. Rowland
Forgotten Futures, The Scientific Romance Role Playing Game
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This is what WAFFY is all about! smile1

He didn't say anything, but his thumb continued to stroke the back of her hand. The man... these feelings... her world was suddenly bright. “You know,” she said, “...as good as your pictures are, they would be even stronger with the right words accompanying them.”
When the right woman comes along or the right man for that matter, everything else falls into place.

Thanks for a sweet, lovely read Bob! Oh and may you and Beverly enjoy this year and many others.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you all so much. This year was almost a repeat of 2011. In that year, when I was trying to develop a story idea, I came up with the original idea of The Pub. I started working on it, but then abandoned it because at that time, it didn't meet my expectations as a V-Day story. Only after I gave up on it did I go with my second idea which turned into “Save This Dance...” This year I spent two weeks on another Pub idea only to have a similar thing happen. I had that story over half-way finished when I decided that it was not going to work as my V-Day story. So, I shelved it and turned to idea #2. And, that seems to have turned out to be a good decision. However, “Pub Revelation” will see the light of day eventually.

Corrina:
You are too kind. Re:
How do you do it?
Well, I was sitting next to Bev when I wrote the story. That helps. smile

Mouserocks:
Thank you very much. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Virginia:
After reading this tasty morsel I knew I wanted to read more about this couple and I'm glad you had already written it and it was just sitting there waiting for someone to point me in the correct direction.
I'm glad you liked both this and LLMS. If things go per plan, the overall timeline will be:
1. Lois Lane Meets Clark Kent
2. Lois Lane Meets The Phantom
3. Lois Lane Meets...
4. Lois Lane Meets...
5. Lois Lane Meets Superman
I have 2, 3 and 4 planned, but I don't want to give too much away right now. It's possible that there could be others, but these are the ones I have plotted. I hope to deliver all of these this year. I think these will make a fun set. These others will have a little more A-plot than LLMCK or LLMS – at least in LLMTP and LLM#3 – but none of these are going to be A-plot-driven novels.

And for this:
Once again, I must say, I'm envious of Beverly, that a sweet man loves her so much to write such romantic stories dedicated to her. I would tell you to remind her how lucky she is, but coming from you I'm sure that would sound presumptuous. Anyway, I'm sure she already knows. Happy Valentine's Day.
I owe you. I showed this to Bev – I couldn't resist – and your kind words earned me a kiss. sloppy

Hi, John:
WRT LLMS, you said:
However on re-reading it I noticed that said photographer is never named.
I had intended it to be highly probably, but not confirmed, that the photographer in question was Clark. I always knew that I wanted to come back and tell some more of this story so I deliberately left it just slightly vague. I have been toying with how to tell the rest of this story pretty much since I finished LLMS nearly 3 years ago. Sometimes it takes a long time for the ideas to resolve themselves into story.

Queen of the Capes:
I think I really like this alternate universe.
Great! If things go per plan, you will be seeing a lot more of it this year.

Marcus:
can imagine the big nature documentary people trying to recruit him for TV work, and Clark having to find endless excuses not to demonstrate his techniques.
I simply never thought of that. However, there is more to the story than simply his ability to take pictures floating in front of cliffs and waterfalls. The details for that will come up along the way. smile

Morgana:
When the right woman comes along or the right man for that matter, everything else falls into place.
That's what makes love at first sight so grand.

Again, thank you all so much for the kind words.
Bob

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
Great little story, Bob. clap I love L&C universe, where Clark isn't MR Greenjeans or a junior partner to Lois. I'm looking forward to the next part soon. jump

KateB
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, Kate.

Re:
I love L&C universe, where Clark isn't MR Greenjeans or a junior partner to Lois.
I think I may have inadvertently drawn some inspiration from HappyGirl's The Man Under the Suit where Clark is already famous when he meets Lois. I didn't see the connection myself until after the story was finished.

I have to agree that this was a bit light, but it is a special day. love

I promise that LLMTP will have a lot more story. Not a novel, but more than just a few minutes of fantasy WAFF.

As for timing, I don't know. Part of me wants to turn to LLMTP immediately, but I have other things that I am committed to finishing first. That said, it is absolutely in my plan to have all of the LLM... stories finished and in the archive before Christmas of this year.

Bob

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I love "The Man Under The Suit" too. smile1 It's a wonderful story. Although there are great moments in L&C canon, I am fond of stories in which Lois knows Clark's secret from the beginning and supports him along the way.

Looking forward to read the next story (stories). evil

KateB
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Valentine's Day, 1993
I should have known there’s a V-Day viggi coming from Bob.

Instead of doing everything possible to keep a low profile, she now planned to fly above the radar. It might not get her the story she wanted, but she had to try something.
So, she’s going to advertise ‘white, nubile, female reporter, all alone in Brazzaville’?

“Good evening, Miss. May I join you?”
Ooooooh!

But she wasn't here to find a playmate for the evening.
Sounds like she’d be up to it another day. So, that’s Clark?

Oh well, if she did end up wanting that kind of companionship, she could always come back some other night.
wave Michael

Edit: You really need to put a reference to LLMS in there, though. I almost missed that one blush

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Kate:
Although there are great moments in L&C canon, I am fond of stories in which Lois knows Clark's secret from the beginning and supports him along the way.
Me too!! One of my most favorite stories EVER is Field of Dreams by CarolineK where the first thing Lois learns is that he has powers.

Looking forward to read the next story
And I’m looking forward to writing them!

Michael:
I should have known there’s a V-Day viggi coming from Bob.
Of course. I’ve only missed one time since I started writing - and I still feel bad that I missed last year.

So, she’s going to advertise ‘white, nubile, female reporter, all alone in Brazzaville’?
smile1

Bob

M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I remember reading Lois Lane Meets Superman a while back and loving the switch at the end. I'm glad you're writing the back story. I always wondered how they got to that point.

I like the idea of Clark being well-known in his own right and Lois recognizing him. It really puts them on a more equal footing and gets rid of her being afraid of him trying to ride her coattails.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, mrsMxyzptlk wave

Thanks for the note.
I'm glad you're writing the back story. I always wondered how they got to that point.
I've been trying to find this part of the story for a long time. I always know that it was going to happen in Africa, but I could never find the details.

I like the idea of Clark being well-known in his own right and Lois recognizing him. It really puts them on a more equal footing and gets rid of her being afraid of him trying to ride her coattails.
Agreed.

Bob

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
I'm not sure if its OK to ask this, but did Lois lane meets the phantom ever get published on this site?

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater
bobbart Offline OP
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Hi, Tailee.

No, I'm sorry to say that LL Meets the Phantom has never been finished. I started it at least three different times, but could never find the story to go with the idea.

I still have dreams of returning and writing some more, but I'm at the mercy of my now-long-missing muse. If I do find the inspiration again, among the first things I will do is complete this series.

My thanks to Cynthia for letting me know there was a question pending.

Bob

T
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
T
Thank you Cynthia and Bob for the answer. smile

Black Star: "If it's fear that you speak of, then I'll stand and face it. I'll never give up. The only time I lose is when I die!" - Soul Eater

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard