Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#260250 12/27/14 04:37 PM
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
I don't know if I need 'feedback', per se, but say what you'd like...

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Kerth
Kerth
I could feel the emotional truth in this story. I hope writing this helped you in your healing process. Sending love and support your way. smile

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Thank you, Groobie. <3

Reach for the moon, for even if you fail, you'll still land among the stars... and who knows? Maybe you'll meet Superman along the way. wink
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very moving. *hugs*

I know someone that uses writing to deal with her own life and emotions and situations. She finds it is one of the only ways she gets to understand and work through whatever is happening in her life.

It's something I can't actually do. I think I'd personally break down if I put the truth of my life down on paper!

I hope this has helped you to deal with your grief in a positive way.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
T
Merriwether
Merriwether
T
I lost my father over twenty years ago, but I will still have memories crop up now and again. And nearly all those memories are good ones.

We remember who they were to us. My father suffered a stroke twenty years prior to his death that left him partially paralyzed.
His life had changed radically but he didn't stop living. He found ways to do the things he wanted to do.

While there are memories of those times when I literally had to carry the man into the bathroom near the end. The recollections that come the most are those of the strong, and confident man who, when I was a kid, could do anything. He fixed the cars, he built a boat, he built the last house they lived in from the ground up, including the electrical and the plumbing. He left high school to enlist in the Navy during WWII but never let his lack of schooling hold him back. He had a sharp mind and used it to learn those things he wanted to know.

Every kid idolizes their parents to some respect, it's only natural. It's those memories that we can hold onto when their gone and allows us to keep them alive in our hearts.

Tank (who says the pain eventually fades, but the love never does)

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Very moving. *hugs*

I know someone that uses writing to deal with her own life and emotions and situations. She finds it is one of the only ways she gets to understand and work through whatever is happening in her life.

It's something I can't actually do. I think I'd personally break down if I put the truth of my life down on paper!

I hope this has helped you to deal with your grief in a positive way.
Thanks, it helped a bit. But I know this is a process that will in some ways be with me the rest of my life. I think the best thing we can do is when things like this happen is to find small ways of healing along the way.

Originally Posted by Tank
I lost my father over twenty years ago, but I will still have memories crop up now and again. And nearly all those memories are good ones.

We remember who they were to us. My father suffered a stroke twenty years prior to his death that left him partially paralyzed.
His life had changed radically but he didn't stop living. He found ways to do the things he wanted to do.

While there are memories of those times when I literally had to carry the man into the bathroom near the end. The recollections that come the most are those of the strong, and confident man who, when I was a kid, could do anything. He fixed the cars, he built a boat, he built the last house they lived in from the ground up, including the electrical and the plumbing. He left high school to enlist in the Navy during WWII but never let his lack of schooling hold him back. He had a sharp mind and used it to learn those things he wanted to know.

Every kid idolizes their parents to some respect, it's only natural. It's those memories that we can hold onto when their gone and allows us to keep them alive in our hearts.

Tank (who says the pain eventually fades, but the love never does)

Thanks for this, Tank. I think no matter when or how you lose a parent, it seems to always leave the same kind of void, and you remember when they were at their best. I lost my dad very suddenly, and have voice messages (that I have no idea if I'll ever be able to listen to again) from just a few days before he died saying he was feeling better. I'll hold onto his optimism and remember the way he was.

Take care!

---

Thank you to all who are reading. I know this isn't the easiest story, but it's something most of us go through in one way or another. And I hope for those who are grieving like myself, that it helps, just a tiny bit. smile

Moderated by  Blueowl, PuffyTiger 

Link Copied to Clipboard