Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
Kerth
OP Offline
Kerth
F
Teri Hatcher played Lieutenant B.G Robinson in an early Star Trek TNG episode called The Outrageous Okona

For a L&C Clark twist, Lois played Lt. B.G._Robinson on that episode.

Perhaps she was acting between terms while at University, or perhaps she was undercover chasing a story.

Or perhaps we don't know why but it comes up that she did do it. Maybe on a story she has to interact with the Star Trek fandom?

Or perhaps in her early days as a reporter, one of the many dog and pony shows she covered was a Star Trek event.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Framework4
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Or perhaps the Star Trek universe coexists dimensionally (if not temporally) with the L&C universe, and this is another incarnation of Lois. We've seen past incarnations of her in the episode Soul Mates; why can't this simply be a future incarnation of her?

Joy,
Lynn

C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
Originally posted by Lynn S. M.:
Or perhaps the Star Trek universe coexists dimensionally (if not temporally) with the L&C universe, and this is another incarnation of Lois. We've seen past incarnations of her in the episode Soul Mates; why can't this simply be a future incarnation of her?

Joy,
Lynn
Hmmmm... I wonder what Clark's incarnation is/is like then.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Christina, I was wondering the same thing. He should be a red shirt; if he were, then at least one would survive an away mission.

Joy,
Lynn

p.s., And before anyone corrects me: That was a joke. I know that Clark was not invulnerable in his non-Kryptonian incarnations.

Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Oh my goodness! This is not one of my favorite Star Trek episodes, I didn't know Teri had a bit part on the show! Thanks for letting me know, time to watch that episode on Netflicks!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I remember seeing that ep and thinking, "That woman has a very distinctive voice!" And wasn't it about this time when she did several episodes of MacGyver with Richard Dean Anderson? Seems to me she played his best buddy's daughter or niece or something.

Yep. I checked IMDb and found both entries. She had a recurring role as Penny Parker on MacGyver from 86-90 and was on ST:TNG in 88. She made an impression on me because of her take-no-prisoners attitude and her refusal to buckle under to the dashing Okona's initial attempt to charm her.

Wow. She also played Amy, the Love Boat mermaid (???) for one season in 86. And she was a cheerleader for the 49ers in 1984! And her parents were/are very smart. She's not just an attractive woman, she's quite intelligent in her own right.

I know a lot of y'all already know this stuff, but I didn't. It's fun learning new things.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
What if, as Lynn suggested, this is a future incarnation of Lois, but Clark's still alive? Maybe he hasn't been able to find Lois for a few lifetimes, and he finally runs into her when he encounters the Enterprise.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Ooh, Mrs. Mxy., I like that idea. And of course, by this time, Clark wouldn't need any secret identity; he could just blend in as himself. Being non-human would be no big deal by then; the only thing unusual about him would be that he would be the last of his species; and even that might not be the case, if the New Kryptonians or their descendents were still around.

And while he would have memories of Lois, she would have none of him. Of course, a part of her would still recognize him as her soul mate.

There are definite story possibilities here.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Columnist
Columnist
S
B. G. Robinson could be a alias for Lois, too. (Not a reincarnation.)

After winning pulitzers and other accolades Lois develops a (currently) incurable illness. At her death, Perry and Clark immediately have her put into cryo-stasis in the hopes of a future cure.

(Similar to the ST:TNG S1 episode The Neutral Zone)

She is resuscitated and cured (and actually de-aged a bit) but she realizes she is completely alone and cut off beyond retrieval from her previous life. The name "Lois" is a constant reminder--too painful to hear, so she adopts "B. G. Robinson" and joins Starfleet.

Shallowford
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It isn't a crossover with Star Trek - The Next Generation, but Volume 6 of my Matchmaker series - Lori and Clark the New, New Adventures of Superman involves space travel with the New Kryptonians, away teams, meeting new civilizations and space battles. thumbsup Incidentally, This story is up for nomination this year.

For greatest understanding you should read

Volume 1 Lois Lane - Mother of Utopia
and
Volume 2 Borrowed Time

before reading Volume 6, but it is not absolutely required. Volume 1 is very short while volume 2 is over 500 kb.

Anyone wishing to undertake a reading of the entire set, be advised, in some respects it is like Babylon 5. The set is one large story arc thumbsup

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Since I just happened to watch The Neutral Zone (Star Trek TNG Season 1 Finale)...

The crew of the Enterprise finds some 20th centuries popsicles, thaws them up and then tells them about the 24th century. Among the things that come up is that there's no more TV for entertainment starting with the mid 21st century and no more aggressive moneymaking and all you really do is try to better yourself. They made it sound awfully boring.

Now...where have we had a future with jumpsuits and outragous carpetlike clothing, that was also considered quite boring by some of it's inhabitants whistle

I know, I know, there's already the odd Star Trek crossover but I don't remember one that actually placed Tempus into the mid 24th century, after the Klingon conflicts, and before the Borg and the Dominion shook things up quite a bit and before the Ferengi started to make trading interesting again evil

Anyhow, since I happened on this thread, yes, Lois getting dumped there by Tempus might be fun :p Only, Lt. Robinson immediately hooked up with the Okona fellow. Hmm...maybe he's a new and improved version of Claude? They did style him as a rogue who slept in a different bed each night.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  bakasi, Blueowl 

Link Copied to Clipboard