Print Thread
#260244 12/27/14 10:23 AM
LabRat Offline OP
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
This may have already been spotted and fixed by Lauren as I can see no sign of it when I visit the website but just in case....

I just received an email from someone who was infected by malware when they visited the Archive website. This was in the form of a popup claiming to be a survey about fanfic readers. Assuming we were conducting the survey, she answered the questions and her pc became infected with malware.

So please be aware this is not our survey. If you get this popup please let Lauren know. I've mailed her a headsup in case she's unaware and hopefully we'll eradicate this shortly.

LabRat smile

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I haven't had a survey or strange ads pop up for me on the archive. I've examined the code on the home page and the What's New page and didn't notice anything unusual. But there are hundreds of pages on the site: I hope we haven't been hacked. If this happens to you -- and I'm very sorry if it does -- please make note of the URL of the page where it happens and let me know.

Many thanks,

Lauren

Moderated by  bakasi, JadedEvie, Toomi8 

Link Copied to Clipboard