Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Story

So ... what do you think?

Last edited by Annie B.; 12/25/14 11:27 AM. Reason: Added link

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking up this challenge. What a riot! I especially enjoyed the fanfic comment and the idea that Tempus is Trask. I guess he developed a sense of humour over the years. Not a good one, granted, but it's a start. And if Tempus had been in a position to do so, I'm sure he would have appreciated the irony of the ending. Or maybe not, since he was involved.

I guess that, statistically speaking, if you want to prevent something from happening, a good way to do so would be to start a bureau to try to make it happen. And from what I've seen in committees too numerous to count, that is about right.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Annie this is a great way to signal your return to the boards!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Funny tour of history!
Bureau 36 became the CIA. It also held controlling interest in the FBI, Homeland Security, and the NFL.
Bwaahaahaa!!! rotflol
Thanks for posting! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
On, too funny! I loled at several of the Bureaus.

This was my favorite.

No records are known to exist of Bureaus 4 through 20, though they exist in legend. A carved stone was thought to contain information on the bureaus, but later research showed it to be an early attempt at fanfic.

I don't see how this could have been any better! Great job, Annie!

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Annie!

Bureau 1 was created by the dinosaurs to devise ways of keeping space rocks from hitting the Earth. They disbanded when the Tyrannosaurus rex leader ate the Stegosaurus leader.
rotflol Also…Oops? Also… Minions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minions_%28film%29) and Voth (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Distant_Origin_%28episode%29)

No records are known to exist of Bureaus 4 through 20, though they exist in legend.
laugh Dark Ages, huh?

Three ships were sent west to find a quick route to Asia, but two good-sized continents stood in the way.
rotflol

Bureaus 24 and 25 were organized by the British and the American colonists, respectively. Bureau 24 discouraged the colonists from rebelling. Bureau 25 encouraged them to rebel. Bureau 25 was more successful.
laugh

Bureau 31 was organized to enforce Prohibition. It was touted as a great success until the head of the Bureau was caught taking a bribe from Al Capone.
clap

Bureau 35 was organized to combat Communism. It was disbanded after the Soviet Union was found to be a financial contributor.
lol

Utopia ensued — and there were no more Bureaus.
And here I thought that Bureau 40 would be the Utopian Peace Keepers. The one with Andrus from Season 4.

Cute one!

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard