Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Annie B. FDK: A Brief History of the Bureaus - 12/24/14 08:07 PM
Story

So ... what do you think?
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK: A Brief History of the Bureaus - 12/24/14 08:18 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking up this challenge. What a riot! I especially enjoyed the fanfic comment and the idea that Tempus is Trask. I guess he developed a sense of humour over the years. Not a good one, granted, but it's a start. And if Tempus had been in a position to do so, I'm sure he would have appreciated the irony of the ending. Or maybe not, since he was involved.

I guess that, statistically speaking, if you want to prevent something from happening, a good way to do so would be to start a bureau to try to make it happen. And from what I've seen in committees too numerous to count, that is about right.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK: A Brief History of the Bureaus - 12/24/14 09:33 PM
Annie this is a great way to signal your return to the boards!
Posted By: groobie Re: FDK: A Brief History of the Bureaus - 12/24/14 10:04 PM
Funny tour of history!
Bureau 36 became the CIA. It also held controlling interest in the FBI, Homeland Security, and the NFL.
Bwaahaahaa!!! rotflol
Thanks for posting! thumbsup
On, too funny! I loled at several of the Bureaus.

This was my favorite.

No records are known to exist of Bureaus 4 through 20, though they exist in legend. A carved stone was thought to contain information on the bureaus, but later research showed it to be an early attempt at fanfic.

I don't see how this could have been any better! Great job, Annie!
Hi Annie!

Bureau 1 was created by the dinosaurs to devise ways of keeping space rocks from hitting the Earth. They disbanded when the Tyrannosaurus rex leader ate the Stegosaurus leader.
rotflol Also…Oops? Also… Minions (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minions_%28film%29) and Voth (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Distant_Origin_%28episode%29)

No records are known to exist of Bureaus 4 through 20, though they exist in legend.
laugh Dark Ages, huh?

Three ships were sent west to find a quick route to Asia, but two good-sized continents stood in the way.
rotflol

Bureaus 24 and 25 were organized by the British and the American colonists, respectively. Bureau 24 discouraged the colonists from rebelling. Bureau 25 encouraged them to rebel. Bureau 25 was more successful.
laugh

Bureau 31 was organized to enforce Prohibition. It was touted as a great success until the head of the Bureau was caught taking a bribe from Al Capone.
clap

Bureau 35 was organized to combat Communism. It was disbanded after the Soviet Union was found to be a financial contributor.
lol

Utopia ensued — and there were no more Bureaus.
And here I thought that Bureau 40 would be the Utopian Peace Keepers. The one with Andrus from Season 4.

Cute one!

wave Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards