Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
I hope you're all continuing to enjoy the story. Part 3 won't go up until Friday afternoon, but this chapter is a bit longer than the rest, so hopefully that will make up for the extra day in between. smile

Kathy

rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Jonathan and Martha Interuptus. . .

thanks!

rkn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwww. And what's up with Kents? Don't they know that this bicycle's built only for two? I love that Lois and Clark are on the same page here, both want the same thing but can't get it. I wonder what they'll do with more interruptions.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
To paraphrase a certain Monty Python song: WAFF, WAFF, WAFF, WAFF. Lovely WAFF. Wonderful WAFF.

I think Jonathan and Martha have been taking lessons from Jimmy, though, and they even seem to have surpassed the master.

This was a fun part, and it left me looking forward to Friday.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Squeeeeee!!! So WAFFY! smile1
He caught her as she launched herself at him, wrapping his arms around her back as she wrapped hers around his neck. It was the hug he’d been expecting earlier … only infinitely better because she was giving it to Clark, not Superman.
Awwwwww! What a thrill for Clark to see Lois responding to him and not the guy in the suit. And wonderful that Smallville feels like Christmas to Lois - an idealized form, not the one she grew up with.
Clark caught his breath as he saw the anxious expression on her face. He already knew the answer to her question, but seeing it reflected in her eyes made him all the more sure. “Lois,” he whispered, “I’ve found everything I’ve ever wanted in Metropolis.”
hail Ohhhh, I just melted! love And then Lois' shy giggle after they were interrupted...so perfect. Flirty smiles, glancing touches, whispered words that hold the undertones of a confession of their love for each other... happy sigh! notworthy
“I’ll see you in the morning,” she said softly.

“Definitely,” he whispered, even as he took a half step towards her, his gaze flickering to her mouth. “Lois?”

The butterflies began swirling in anticipation, just from the look in his eyes. “Yes?” she answered, already a bit breathless. Like earlier in the root cellar, there was no mistaking his intentions, and it was all she could do not to throw herself into his arms.
Don't slam the door in his face this time, Lois. wink The repeated parent interruptus was excellent...hold onto that unresolved sexual tension just a little bit longer. grin I can't wait until Friday! thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
I will certainly be looking forward to Friday! hyper dance

This is the perfect Christmas story. You've created such an 'atmosphere' while reading--from all the love and warmth found at the Kent's home, to the meal/tree/fire, and mostly, with all the lovely feelings and emotions building up between Lois and Clark. It really feels like a continuation of that amazing scene at the end of SG--the magic that radiates between them--it is totally here now lighting up the story, just as it was as those carolers interrupted the 'moment' Lois and Clark were having in our Christmas episode notworthy...

Are you kidding? You saved me from two days of eating leftovers and cleaning my apartment. I think I got the better end of the deal.” She shot Clark a playful look. “I was actually trying to figure out how I could get your son to keep me company when he called this morning.”

Clark laughed as he set her bag down in the hallway before moving to help her off with her coat. “Which were you going to ask me to do? Eat the leftovers or clean your apartment?”

Her eyes twinkled at him. “You mean I had to choose?”

Again, like in the last part, the teasing. Wow--it's just so fun to read. So flirty, so light-hearted. I could just picture Lois and Clark doing a back-n-forth like this. And them loving every moment of it love

“Sometimes,” he admitted, replacing the covers, but his voice grew tender as he looked into her eyes. “But not as much as I’d miss Metropolis.”

She looked up at him, swallowing a little nervously. “So you’re in Metropolis to stay, then? I mean, you’re not planning to leave anytime soon and move somewhere else?”

Clark caught his breath as he saw the anxious expression on her face. He already knew the answer to her question, but seeing it reflected in her eyes made him all the more sure. “Lois,” he whispered, “I’ve found everything I’ve ever wanted in Metropolis.”

They stared into each other’s eyes for a moment in silent communication, and Clark felt himself begin to lean towards her. Lois’s gaze flickered to his lips, then back up to his eyes, her own dark and luminous as she, too, leaned closer

And then you give us lovelines like this clap. Trying to get more information without really asking the questions. Saying more than you are saying by answering the questions. All the meaning implied. And all those just about moments when you think they are going to kiss. Love this--perfect smile.

Unfortunately, Clark misinterpreted the shiver, and instantly pulled back. “Oh, geez, Lois, I’m sorry. I completely forgot I was supposed to start a fire, and now you’re cold.”

For once it wasn't Martha or Jonathan...Oh, Clark. And they were having such an intimate moment at the tree, too.

Lois squeezed his hand as they walked back into the kitchen to retrieve her suitcase, deliberately not letting go, and felt her heart flutter when he squeezed back

Great detail--this added a lot hail

What a lovely Christmas present you have given us--looking foward to the next part...
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Very sweet! I’m enjoying this story very much. Looking forward to the next part!

Kerth
Kerth
See, Kathy, I told you they would love it! dance

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story is a lovely breath of fresh, cold air. So very glad you decided to post it. Love the scene in the 'wine cellar'! Pure bliss!

Don't think Martha and Jonathan weren't cracking up in their bedroom knowing that Lois and Clark are TOTALLY in love with each other. love

So, when is the next post? grin

Last edited by Morgana; 12/12/14 10:39 AM.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
KathyB Offline OP
Merriwether
OP Offline
Merriwether
Thanks, everyone! I'm so delighted you're enjoying it.

I'm laughing at all the mentions of "interruptus" because ... well, you'll see. All I promise is three more happy chapters and a method to my madness. wink

And Morgana, LOL! I didn't write the scene, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if Martha and Jonathan were whispering and giggling in bed about the love eyeballs L&C keep making at each other. lol

Chapter 3 going up in a few minutes ... laugh Thanks for reading!

Last edited by KathyB; 12/12/14 05:09 PM.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard