Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#259239 11/09/14 01:09 AM
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Zoomway lost her battle with cancer this afternoon. She's been a FoLC and one of the leaders in the fandom since the beginning. There are no words to express what I want to say, so I'll just say this. I miss her already. RIP Zoom.

Last edited by BrightFeather; 11/09/14 01:10 AM.

“Rules only make sense if they are both kept and broken. Breaking the rule is one way of observing it.”
--Thomas Moore

"Keep an open mind, I always say. Drives sensible people mad, I know, but what did we ever get from sensible people? Not poetry or art or music, that's for sure."
--Charles de Lint, Someplace to Be Flying
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for posting this. I was considering doing the same myself.

Rest in peace, Zoom. We miss you already.

Battle On,
Deadly Chakram

"Being with you is stronger than me alone." ~ Clark Kent

"One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation." ~ Figment the Dragon

Kerth
Kerth
Absolutely devastating. Such a huge loss for our community.

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Thank you for sharing that news with us. I agree with groobie; the community will be the poorer for her absence.
My condolences go out to all of her family and friends.

- Lynn

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thanks for posting this here. Definitely such a huge loss. I was always completely amazed by her knowledge of the show and also Superman. She was such a huge part of FOLCdom, and I'll always be so thankful to her for giving the show a 'voice'.

Thinking a lot and praying for her family. She will be missed...

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Top Banana
Top Banana
This news was so sad. Zoom contributed so much to us through the mbs she set up, her wonderful stories, and for me, personally, her encouragement of my writing. i know she offered this encouragement to others, too. Plus, she had a great sense of humour. Thanks, Zoomway.

carol malo

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh my! I didn't know. Thanks for posting here. She was a mentor to everyone who was new to the intricacies of posting on a website. She had a great and unique sense of humor. I had no inkling she was battling cancer. She was so great in setting up Folcsite for posting pictures. Oftentimes I would have to ask her for the new password when the operator changed it. She was always gracious.
I hope someone is keeping up her work and her website.
Zoomway, I hope you a building a fansite in heaven.
regards always
Artemis shocked cry sad

Last edited by Artemis; 11/09/14 12:14 PM.

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I just found out about this through an email from a friend, and was hoping there'd be a thread here. Zoom and I may have had our differences in the past, but that never meant I didn't respect her as a person and for her huge contribution to the fandom, including her wealth of knowledge, her website skills, her generosity in providing FoLCs a place to play and maintaining one of the best Superman sites on the internet. I always admired her writing skills, as well, and enjoyed the times we wrote Round Robins together.

My sympathies to everyone who knew her, in particular those closest to her - I don't know what family she had, but I hope those closest to her in RL know what a positive impact she had on this corner of the internet.

Just a fly-by! *waves*
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I just noticed this thread. Very sad news. I didn't know her beyond the boards she orchestrated and the stories I read when I first joined up but I know her work made a difference to FoLCdom.

[Linked Image] Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
I never got a chance to get to know Zoomway either in RL or here on the boards. However, being that I recognized her name when it popped up on this thread shows that her influence here has been far reaching and thus will be sorely missed.

For all of you who did know her, I offer my sincerely condolences.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
C
Top Banana
Top Banana
C
I'm sorry to hear that Zoom had passed on. I know he/she was kind of influential in the fandom. I hope and pray the Lois/Clark fans outside of these sites (this and zoomway) know how significant Zoomway was.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator Emeritus
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
It's no secret that Zoom and I had our issues and hadn't been friends for many years, but this was still desperately horrible news to wake up to at the weekend.

I'd heard in passing only recently that she was sick but had had no idea that it was so serious or had been so long term.

My heart goes out to all of you who are mourning a dear friend and loved one. I know that you will not let her legacy die and her boards will remain to carry it forward for many years to come.

LabRat

Athos: If you'd told us what you were doing, we might have been able to plan this properly.
Aramis: Yes, sorry.
Athos: No, no, by all means, let's keep things suicidal.

The Musketeers

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard