Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: BrightFeather Sad News... - 11/09/14 05:09 AM
Zoomway lost her battle with cancer this afternoon. She's been a FoLC and one of the leaders in the fandom since the beginning. There are no words to express what I want to say, so I'll just say this. I miss her already. RIP Zoom.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 05:21 AM
Thanks for posting this. I was considering doing the same myself.

Rest in peace, Zoom. We miss you already.
Posted By: groobie Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 07:21 AM
Absolutely devastating. Such a huge loss for our community.
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 12:55 PM
Thank you for sharing that news with us. I agree with groobie; the community will be the poorer for her absence.
My condolences go out to all of her family and friends.

- Lynn
Posted By: LMA Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 03:35 PM
Thanks for posting this here. Definitely such a huge loss. I was always completely amazed by her knowledge of the show and also Superman. She was such a huge part of FOLCdom, and I'll always be so thankful to her for giving the show a 'voice'.

Thinking a lot and praying for her family. She will be missed...
Posted By: ccmalo Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 03:45 PM
This news was so sad. Zoom contributed so much to us through the mbs she set up, her wonderful stories, and for me, personally, her encouragement of my writing. i know she offered this encouragement to others, too. Plus, she had a great sense of humour. Thanks, Zoomway.

carol malo
Posted By: Artemis Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 04:13 PM
Oh my! I didn't know. Thanks for posting here. She was a mentor to everyone who was new to the intricacies of posting on a website. She had a great and unique sense of humor. I had no inkling she was battling cancer. She was so great in setting up Folcsite for posting pictures. Oftentimes I would have to ask her for the new password when the operator changed it. She was always gracious.
I hope someone is keeping up her work and her website.
Zoomway, I hope you a building a fansite in heaven.
regards always
Artemis shocked cry sad
Posted By: Wendymr Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 06:02 PM
I just found out about this through an email from a friend, and was hoping there'd be a thread here. Zoom and I may have had our differences in the past, but that never meant I didn't respect her as a person and for her huge contribution to the fandom, including her wealth of knowledge, her website skills, her generosity in providing FoLCs a place to play and maintaining one of the best Superman sites on the internet. I always admired her writing skills, as well, and enjoyed the times we wrote Round Robins together.

My sympathies to everyone who knew her, in particular those closest to her - I don't know what family she had, but I hope those closest to her in RL know what a positive impact she had on this corner of the internet.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 08:54 PM
I just noticed this thread. Very sad news. I didn't know her beyond the boards she orchestrated and the stories I read when I first joined up but I know her work made a difference to FoLCdom.

[Linked Image] Michael
Posted By: VirginiaR Re: Sad News... - 11/09/14 09:02 PM
I never got a chance to get to know Zoomway either in RL or here on the boards. However, being that I recognized her name when it popped up on this thread shows that her influence here has been far reaching and thus will be sorely missed.

For all of you who did know her, I offer my sincerely condolences.
Posted By: Christina Re: Sad News... - 11/11/14 12:19 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Zoom had passed on. I know he/she was kind of influential in the fandom. I hope and pray the Lois/Clark fans outside of these sites (this and zoomway) know how significant Zoomway was.
Posted By: LabRat Re: Sad News... - 11/11/14 03:00 PM
It's no secret that Zoom and I had our issues and hadn't been friends for many years, but this was still desperately horrible news to wake up to at the weekend.

I'd heard in passing only recently that she was sick but had had no idea that it was so serious or had been so long term.

My heart goes out to all of you who are mourning a dear friend and loved one. I know that you will not let her legacy die and her boards will remain to carry it forward for many years to come.

LabRat
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards