Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
So. Did that help?

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Clark: "And I love you ... Did we just make up?"
Lois: "I think so."
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yes. Thank you, and please thank your muse for responding so quickly. Much appreciated.

Lois is in my window seat. Her legs bent, her arms curled around them. And her head is resting on her knees.

She's asleep.
Awww. clap Love this!

I remember hunching down in front of her and gently calling her name while extracting the papers. But she was gone.
LOIS: Ha-Ha! Fooled ya!

It was incredibly difficult to make myself go for a blanket, rather than just kneel there and gaze at her.
If this had happened, we've had gotten a completely (and possible Nfic) story.

LOIS: What do you think I am? Easy?
CLARK: That's just what I was thinking.
LOIS: You think I'm easy? [Linked Image]
CLARK: /holding hands up in self defense/ No! No! I was thinking that she thought I was easy.
/I could go on, but I'm getting distracted from my FDK/

Although, it seems I slept on top of the covers so there's no need to worry about untangling my legs.
Um... Clark? Do you *often* sleep above the covers?

That will never happen, no matter how much I want it. She's made it abundantly clear that I'm only good for two things: work and friendship. And maybe a shoulder to cry on … and possibly a healthy meal every now and again … and …

Okay, so I do have a large role in her life. A large, important role. But it's not the one I really want.
lol and mecry /Rooting for a happy non-angsty ending./

So … I guess I need to tell her, then. Because I know, now, that there's never going to be any romance, so I need to let go of that dream. All there is left is friendship … and trust. So I need to trust her. It's time. When morning comes, fully, I'll tell her.
Well, I wouldn't say 'never'... and hyper yea! He's planning on telling her. I love this. I love her finding it out on her own, AND him wanting to tell her before he knows that she knows. My favorite kind of reveal.

As I cover her I feel a sudden change in the air. Looking up I see deep, brown eyes looking back at me. They are so dark. Almost black.

My heart stills. She blinks.
Clark has heart attack.

My eyes widen, and I gulp, as I realise that I'm not wearing my glasses.
umm.... Ooops? clap So great that he relaxes so much after deciding to tell her that he forgets to put on his disguise. Sloppy, but terrific!

Even though I've made the decision to tell her … the fear is still there.
So Clark. Spot on!

I find myself unable to talk. I wanted this. I want this. I've only just decided to tell her. But I was hoping that I'd have a few hours to compose the perfect revelation speech. And possibly run through follow up apology speeches too. Instead …
I'm so glad you didn't give it to him. Too much of his life is rehearsed.

It's as if she's a blind woman, trying to figure out what I look like. Maybe that is what she is doing, in some metaphorical sense.
Or maybe she's a blind woman seeing him for the first time.

She is smiling back at me. Her eyes are glistening, shining brightly. She must have noticed that I hadn't made any move to go back to bed … the couch ... myself. "Unless it's already morning?" she asks.

"No, not yet. You sleep some more, Lois. It's barely dawn." She smiles again then closes her eyes.

I stand and move to head for the kitchen, thinking to make myself a coffee and get a head start on the day. At the open doorway I see the rumpled blanket, tossed onto the floor by the couch, and I wonder what made her get up in the first place.
My first thought is 'man, is she trusting of this man who has a tendency to bolt when someone learns too much about him. How does she know that he'll still be there in the morning?' It must be all right if she trusts him enough to go back to sleep. That's saying a lot right there.

Turning back I see the dawn light illuminating the room, it's rays falling on the beautiful woman in my bed.

Lois, in my bed.

And I can't help but stare.
Awwww. Loved it! Give your muse a kiss. I really enjoyed it. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This was beautiful! smile *happy sigh*

One more please? grovel

~•~
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Awww!!!!! I'm a giddy, happy puddle of WAFFY-ness! I-Loved-This! Yes, please give your muse a kiss from me, too sloppy

I really loved how you switched over to Clark's POV, and how he then discovers her sleeping. It was such a clever way to mirror both stories--to give us a sequel and also keep so much of the feel of the original going. Seriously, couldn't have asked for more--thank you! (By the way, when I got on the boards a few minutes ago, I did a double take seeing this posting--thought to myself how the title sounded like KK's sequel, but figured there was no way a sequel would be ready that quickly...then, when I saw that it WAS your sequel, pretty much everything was dropped to read it immediately smile ).

I also enjoyed knowing that Clark had decided to tell her about being Superman. That night/morning was the perfect time for everything to be 'out there' between them.

Wonderful clap
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
That helped a lot. When I had read the first half or so, I thought you were going to tease us in this story by not having Lois wake up in it at all. But although she didn't say much, what she said was perfect.

Brava, and thank you for writing this sequel.

Joy,
Lynn

Kerth
Kerth
Squeeeeeeee!!! clap So perfect! The idea that he's going to tell her just because he's given up on her ever thinking of him romantically...dont be quite so sure of that, Clark. wink Her response upon waking up...oh how I love angst-free revealing. smile Brava!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
That will never happen, no matter how much I want it. She's made it abundantly clear that I'm only good for two things: work and friendship. And maybe a shoulder to cry on … and possibly a healthy meal every now and again … and …

Okay, so I do have a large role in her life. A large, important role. But it's not the one I really want.

I want to hold her. I want to protect her. I want to … love her.

Poor Clark! He's in love with a woman who (he thinks) does not love him in return. If this were true, that would be very very sad.

Lois is so different here! Sweet and gentle and understanding! Things do look different in the light of the morning!

Beautifully written.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Yes, it helped. smile

I have to echo the others; it was wonderfully written and very sweet.

Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Yes. Thank you, and please thank your muse for responding so quickly. Much appreciated.
You are welcome. smile

I remember hunching down in front of her and gently calling her name while extracting the papers. But she was gone.
LOIS: Ha-Ha! Fooled ya!
Yup. She really did.

Although, it seems I slept on top of the covers so there's no need to worry about untangling my legs.
Um... Clark? Do you *often* sleep above the covers?
CLARK: *ponders* I'm not sure, I think so ... maybe not .... um, no idea ... AS I'M ASLEEP!!!!

lol and mecry /Rooting for a happy non-angsty ending./
I hate angsty endings and angsty stories ... so you'll definitely get a happy ending.

So … I guess I need to tell her, then. Because I know, now, that there's never going to be any romance, so I need to let go of that dream. All there is left is friendship … and trust. So I need to trust her. It's time. When morning comes, fully, I'll tell her.
Well, I wouldn't say 'never'... and hyper yea! He's planning on telling her. I love this. I love her finding it out on her own, AND him wanting to tell her before he knows that she knows. My favorite kind of reveal.
Great. Glad to give you what you want to see.

It's as if she's a blind woman, trying to figure out what I look like. Maybe that is what she is doing, in some metaphorical sense.
Or maybe she's a blind woman seeing him for the first time.
Absolutely. She's got so much to re-learn about her best friend now.

Awwww. Loved it! Give your muse a kiss. I really enjoyed it. smile
Okay, I will. grin Thanks.

Originally Posted by Queen of the Capes
This was beautiful! smile *happy sigh*

One more please? grovel
Hmmm, I'll have to think about that ... but *whispers* there's two more to come ... just not yet!

Originally Posted by LMA
Awww!!!!! I'm a giddy, happy puddle of WAFFY-ness! I-Loved-This! Yes, please give your muse a kiss from me, too sloppy
Okay, but she's gonna get a big head soon if I'm not careful.

I really loved how you switched over to Clark's POV, and how he then discovers her sleeping. It was such a clever way to mirror both stories--to give us a sequel and also keep so much of the feel of the original going.
That was a big problem for me. The first one was seriously introspective, with little actual plot advancement. I wanted the sequel to feel like it belonged to the same overall story, so it needed to be introspective, but it can't be a sequel if there is not further plot advancement. It's kind of an implied thing with sequels. LOL.

Seriously, couldn't have asked for more--thank you! (By the way, when I got on the boards a few minutes ago, I did a double take seeing this posting--thought to myself how the title sounded like KK's sequel, but figured there was no way a sequel would be ready that quickly...then, when I saw that it WAS your sequel, pretty much everything was dropped to read it immediately smile ).
Wow. It's great to know that people are so excited over my story. grin

I also enjoyed knowing that Clark had decided to tell her about being Superman. That night/morning was the perfect time for everything to be 'out there' between them.

Wonderful clap
Laura
Thanks

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
That helped a lot. When I had read the first half or so, I thought you were going to tease us in this story by not having Lois wake up in it at all. But although she didn't say much, what she said was perfect.

Brava, and thank you for writing this sequel.

Joy,
Lynn
You're welcome. Sorry for making you think that there'd be no resolution briefly, but hopefully you got over that quickly! smile

Originally Posted by groobie
Squeeeeeeee!!! clap So perfect! The idea that he's going to tell her just because he's given up on her ever thinking of him romantically...dont be quite so sure of that, Clark. wink Her response upon waking up...oh how I love angst-free revealing. smile Brava!
Thanks. So do I. But then ... I think I've written to many now. I need to do an angsty revelation, cause it's getting too boring.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Poor Clark! He's in love with a woman who (he thinks) does not love him in return. If this were true, that would be very very sad.
One of the things that keeps me 'in love' with Superman is the idea of him suffering, so gently, in silence, with his unrequited love ... and then his joy when it IS requited.

Lois is so different here! Sweet and gentle and understanding! Things do look different in the light of the morning!

Beautifully written.
They do. She spent a lot of the night think back and forth, and then fell asleep. Somehow she reconciled everything during that sleep.

Originally Posted by DebbieG
Yes, it helped. smile
Good!

I have to echo the others; it was wonderfully written and very sweet.
Thank you.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Lois: "You put up with me for the same reason I put up with you. It's because I'm completely in love with you."
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Hi Vic!
*Squeeeequel!*
I can't help but stare … confused.

Lois is in my window seat. Her legs bent, her arms curled around them. And her head is resting on her knees.

She's asleep.
Yes, I can understand his confusion.

Why is she there? How long has she been there? I left her in the living room, on the couch. I remember getting her a blanket.
Sleep-walking? B&E while sleeping?

Eventually, I went to make another coffee, in the kitchen, and when I came back I found her asleep.
Huh, what a conincidink.

I covered her, took a last lingering glance, and then put myself to bed.
Should have carried her over into his bed…

It's barely dawn, but I react to the changing sun very easily.
Yeah, I guess sleeping and eating breakfast at the same time might be kind of difficult.

Good thing he’s no longer…up…when he woke up. That might have been…embarrassening.

She looks so vulnerable, so precious.
[Linked Image]

but like this … she's my best friend. My Lois.
Awww…

My Lois.

That will never happen, no matter how much I want it.
Maybe if he tried use the One Ring?

She's made it abundantly clear that I'm only good for two things: work and friendship.
Maybe he should have Cat tell her that he’s also good for a third kind of thing?

and possibly a healthy meal every now and again … and …
clap

Maybe he should talk to his agent?

I always promised myself that, if it seemed we were heading in the … romantic … direction, then I'd tell her about Superman.
Unless she’s already also dating Superman? Or Call-Me-Daniel? Or Lex?

If she wakes then … then she'll know a few hours earlier, that's all.
Plus, she might think she’s still dreaming?

As I cover her I feel a sudden change in the air. Looking up I see deep, brown eyes looking back at me. They are so dark. Almost black.
Oh boy.

That usually means I was … floating. All my buried fears rush out. Even though I've made the decision to tell her … the fear is still there.
Lunkhead! If she wanted to sell him to the government, he’d have woken up in an isolation chamber with green lighting.

And possibly run through follow up apology speeches too. Instead …
laugh

I think the soft light coming through the window mustn't be quite as bright for her as it is for me.
laugh Although one wonders with Metropolis.

Lois, in my bed.

wallbash
LOIS: I finally have a gay best friend! hyper

Say, is it just my wishful imagination or did you at one point happen to mention sequels 3 and 4?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Hi Vic!
*Squeeeequel!*
Hi. And try not to squeal so loud next time please - my ears are ringing!

I can't help but stare … confused.

She's asleep.
Yes, I can understand his confusion.
Really. So you've woken up to see Lois asleep on your window seat too. Okay. I can see that it would confuse you.

Eventually, I went to make another coffee, in the kitchen, and when I came back I found her asleep.
Huh, what a conincidink.
Yeah, very strange. Lois mentioned something about falling asleep on the couch herself... what was it? Oh yeah ... she FAKED IT! Tee Hee.

I covered her, took a last lingering glance, and then put myself to bed.
Should have carried her over into his bed…
Of course he should.

She's made it abundantly clear that I'm only good for two things: work and friendship.
Maybe he should have Cat tell her that he’s also good for a third kind of thing?
Ahh, but who knows what kind of stuff Cat would then make up. It's like 'free reign' to make up some kind of dalliance between her and ... oh, she did that already.

Maybe he should talk to his agent?
CLARK: Look, you're not earning your cut. I've give you 10% straight off the top ... and I've not seen a flash of thigh or boob ... well, apart from that pheromone incident ...
AGENT: 10% is the basic. All we can promise with 10% is a friendship.
CLARK: If I up your percentage to 15 what can you get me?

If she wakes then … then she'll know a few hours earlier, that's all.
Plus, she might think she’s still dreaming?
Definitely a possibility.

Lois, in my bed.

wallbash
LOIS: I finally have a gay best friend! hyper
LOL. We all know the reason for Clark's 'gentlemanly' behaviour, but Lois is gonna take it to mean he isn't interested! *sigh*

Say, is it just my wishful imagination or did you at one point happen to mention sequels 3 and 4?
Nope, not your imagination. BUT ... patience is a virtue. Part 3 and part 4 will come ... before the year changes.

KatherineKent/Victoria
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Hi. And try not to squeal so loud next time please - my ears are ringing!
[Linked Image]

Really. So you've woken up to see Lois asleep on your window seat too. Okay. I can see that it would confuse you.
rotflol

Oh yeah ... she FAKED IT!
[Linked Image]

It's like 'free reign' to make up some kind of dalliance between her and ... oh, she did that already.
See? Nothing more to lose. ‘cept his ‘patience’.

CLARK: Look, you're not earning your cut. I've give you 10% straight off the top ... and I've not seen a flash of thigh or boob ... well, apart from that pheromone incident ...
clap To be fair, for 10% of the top he only sees the top 10% laugh

AGENT: 10% is the basic. All we can promise with 10% is a friendship.
CLARK: If I up your percentage to 15 what can you get me?
laugh
AGENT: A sloppy kiss while she’s drunk?

LOL. We all know the reason for Clark's 'gentlemanly' behaviour, but Lois is gonna take it to mean he isn't interested! *sigh*
LOIS: What else would it mean?

Nope, not your imagination. BUT ... patience is a virtue.
wave Not Clark here!

Part 3 and part 4 will come ... before the year changes.
[Linked Image] squeqel.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by KatherineKent
Nope, not your imagination. BUT ... patience is a virtue. Part 3 and part 4 will come ... before the year changes.

Oh, happy dance dance dance

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard