Print Thread
#25879 11/27/05 02:34 PM
Elena Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wendy!!! Thank you!!! smile1

Methos: "I'm easily amused."

(Indiscretions - Highlander: The Series)
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Happy birthday, Elena! thumbsup

Again, she was silent for a long time. And then, finally, she said, “You really think I’m that shallow? You really think that I never realised this is the sort of stuff you face? You really think that by showing me this you’re going to scare me out of loving you?” She shoved at his shoulders. “I think you’re the one who doesn’t know me, Superman.”
:rolleyes: Yes you are!

MAF hyper

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Merriwether
Merriwether
Oh, wow. Very moving. I cringed at the first line, thinking "Oh, no, not the nightgown! Here we go." But you explained that so nicely later, so that we don't want to beat Lois so badly about the head. Just bad timing! And Clark.. I feel bad for Clark, but I agree with Lois at the end. This is entirely the wrong way to go about it. He's only going to draw Lois closer to him, and get her more emotionally involved. After all, who saves Superman?

I can't wait to see how you finish this!

"You need me. You wouldn't be much of a hero without a villain. And you do love being the hero, don't you. The cheering children, the swooning women, you love it so much, it's made you my most reliable accomplice." -- Lex Luthor to Superman, Question Authority, Justice League Unlimited
Top Banana
Top Banana
Happy Birthday Elena! evil

I'm a firm believer in the fact that God doesn't put any more on us than we can bear. He does however make us come to Jesus every so often.
Top Banana
Top Banana
Very interesting story, Wendy! smile1

And Elena, happy birthday! dance

simona smile

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh Wendy I love this so far. You know I am a sucker for Superman stories. Great job and Happy Birthday El! What a great gift! Laura

Clark: “If we can be born in an instant, and die in an instant, why can’t we fall in love in an instant?”

Caroline's "Stardust"
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
GREAT start. I just...can't figure out where this is going one bit, so I can't wait to read the next part!

JD

"Meg...who let you back in the house?" -Family Guy
T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
Wendy

WOW! A very original and well thought-out premise! smile1

Tricia cool

G
Columnist
Columnist
G
Very interesting premise, Wendy, giving Lois a deeper insight into Superman. But that isn't who he is either. Deep down he's still Clark and lives, as an ordinary man, beside her. How is he going to show her that?

Anyway, seeing how this develops will be interesting...it's just that....well, I'm skipping town soon and...I wonder if you could...well, is it greedy to ask?...post before Wednesday? I'd really appreciate it.

And happy birthday, Elana.

gerry

Kerth
Kerth
Woot! Two Wendy stories today hyper

Expecting the second part! smile

Happy Birthday, El!!

Jose party

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
Top Banana
Top Banana
Nice scenario. thumbsup

Clark is really not good at subtlety. :p

Looking forward to L&C getting to know each other in the next part. (I hope) wink

If she had to move heaven and Earth, perhaps come back to haunt Perry and explain the story after they'd killed her, she would do it.

Waking a Miracle by Aria
J
Merriwether
Merriwether
J
Great start Wendy! Can't wait for the next part.

Happy Birthday Elena!

Jackie

Superman: I hear you've been looking for me.
Lois: All my life.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Hoo ha! Love it!!!

You didn’t know that about me, did you? It felt like a silent taunt inside her head. Almost as if he’d said it aloud, though he hadn’t.
I love that line so so much... I do feel like there are times 1st season especially where Clark must think that. She thinks of Superman in such a one-dimensional way that it makes sense there would be times where he would think that, whether it was when she was dismissing him as Clark or godifying him, so to say wink , as Superman. Just... nice thumbsup thumbsup

This story needed to be told, and she had to stay detached to do it. Not fall apart in the face of such human misery.

And still she had no idea how Superman did it.
LOVE it!!!!! laugh There is a lot more to him than she ever thought! A lot more, actually! Which makes me wonder... will the #1 thing she would never have thought about him be revealed in part 2???? wink

Part 2!! smile

~NICOLE

Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Ooh, now you've made me curious! laugh

Greets,

~ An ~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Wow, you really took this and turned it into something incredible. I love how she gets a firsthand look at the incredible stress he faces every day, and how she showed her compassionate side.

I also liked the touch about her flying with Clark's sweatshirt.

Can't wait for part 2!

**~~**

Swoosh --->
Merriwether
Merriwether
I was glued to my chair even though I was being called away. (They can wait.)

I do hope I don't have to wait long for part two.

WOW.

I've converted to lurk-ism... hopefully only temporary.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thank you so much for all these comments, you wonderful FoLCs! And Elena, I'm so glad you're enjoying it so far. laugh Yes, I know you're a sucker for Superman stories!

Sorry this is brief, but it's very late and I wanted to get part 2 up as early as possible on the 30th as I could. Unfortunately... I lied and there'll be three parts. I have a date in mind for posting part 3, but it depends on whether I can get it finished in time. We'll see!

Thanks again! Part 2 coming up right now.

Wendy smile

Just a fly-by! *waves*
K
Boards Chief Administrator
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
BAH!!! I'm late for the party! goofy

Though she already knew the most important things.
Yeah? You sure about that, Lois? frown

TBC...

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

K
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
K
You didn’t know that about me, did you? It felt like a silent taunt inside her head. Almost as if he’d said it aloud, though he hadn’t.
I love that. Love that this is probably *exactly* what he's thinking, and that Lois picks up on it.

He tightened his grip on her, feeling the soft cotton fabric under his palm. His Midwest U sweatshirt. How ironic that she was wearing that, especially tonight of all nights.
Yup. God, I love irony! goofy

“Pakistan?” She sounded utterly taken aback. Well, it would be interesting to see how long would it take for the penny to drop.
/me wonders if the penny's worth more being dropped in Pakistan...

She was watching him, lips slightly parted, eyes wide in shock.

Good. Maybe she was learning something about what his life was like.
But, Clark... she already knows this... more than you know. frown She just didn't know the magnitude of it all.

It was painful for him to be back here. That was obvious now as he picked her up again; his jaw was set and he seemed to be avoiding looking at anything in particular. Was he remembering all those people he’d failed to save? All those cries for help he couldn’t answer?
Oh, god!! whinging And just... I love that Lois can see this. Of course she can. frown

And still she had no idea how Superman did it.
/me lets out a choked whisper... it's because of you, Lois!! You're the one who keeps him going. Without you... he wouldn't be able to. He'd burn out. Quickly. frown

“It’s not all fast action, swooping in, performing dramatic rescues, saving everyone,” he said quietly. “Sometimes it’s just like that. No matter what you do, it’s never enough. People die, no matter how hard I try. There’s never enough time to save even a fraction of those who need me.”
This moment is... well, I don't really know what to say, but I thought it should be pointed out. frown

She was silent for a while. Then, slowly, she said, “But without your help, Superman, many more would’ve died. Or been horribly injured. You have to know that.”
And there it is, Lois. That's how he does it. smile

She didn’t know him at all. Hadn’t a clue what his life was like. Had no idea what he went through day after day.
Yeah, but even so, Clark... she helps you through it. Maybe even more than you realize.

“It’s not all about the flying and the heroics, Lois. My life. It’s... sometimes it’s just dealing with one tragedy after another. Ever met a burned-out firefighter or cop or soldier? Ever thought what it must be like to live with someone like that?”
Bah! But you know what the difference is between you and them, Clark? (Well, in most cases...) They have family who keep them from falling apart. And all you're doing is just proving to Lois that Superman *does* need someone...

But on the other hand, Lois had never seen him immediately after he’d been helping at something like that earthquake. Even as Clark.
Ack! Those last three words just kill me. They say so much! How much he really hides. How *really* alone he is. And wow.

Again, she was silent for a long time. And then, finally, she said, “You really think I’m that shallow? You really think that I never realised this is the sort of stuff you face? You really think that by showing me this you’re going to scare me out of loving you?” She shoved at his shoulders. “I think you’re the one who doesn’t know me, Superman.”
Hah!! She's got you there, Clark! /me whispers to Clark... you're almost fighting the wrong battle, buddy. wink

...tbc
What's this "tbc" crap about? frown

How much do you love me, Wendy? *uses the puppy dog eyes* frown

Sara

EDIT: Not that I'm complaining... but... just consider that sad, pathetic nagging for part three, then, will ya? wink

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.

RL Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Interesting start to this story. I'm itching to find out where it goes. Since it's done and by miracle I actually have a tiny bit of time to read, I'm off to part 2!

Happy belated birthday, El!

-- Roger

"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself." -- Benjamin Franklin

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard