Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#258631 10/06/14 12:14 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

I hope you love the various depths I'm willing to go to keep these characters from talking. evil

Start screaming at me HERE. peep

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
rkn Offline
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
If Superman is taking the shuttle into space and staying to talk with the astronauts, why did Lois leave Clark a note? Maybe I'm confused with how long Superman will be at the station.

thanks!

rkn
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
rkn: Thank you for your comments. smile

If Superman is taking the shuttle into space and staying to talk with the astronauts, why did Lois leave Clark a note? Maybe I'm confused with how long Superman will be at the station.
This will be explained in the next part.

I've just re-read the section where Superman takes the Prometheus up to the Space Station and he only took, roughly, ten minutes. Because Lois was waiting for him down on the platform, he wanted to hurry back. This will take slightly longer for several reasons.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

First, Lois had dropped the bomb that she knew that Luthor had held him captive. Then she kissed him square on the lips. Now, she was telling him that she was leaving the next day.
So, a succession of uppers and downers?

“I know. I know. But someone suggested that I was bad luck and they shouldn’t let me go because the last time I went on one of their shuttles a bomb was found and I cut all those cables…”
Well, it’s true. Without her there, the bomb would likely not have been planted.

“There’s a launch window tomorrow and if everything syncs up…”
/scratches head/ If Superman pushes them into orbit, do launch windows even matter?

It wasn’t just that he would miss her. Clark missed her whenever she left the room, or he did. If he could spend almost every waking moment of the day with her, and every sleeping one, for the rest of his life, he would die a happy man.
Lois, on the other hand, might go bonkers.

“Do you think the colonists on the Space Station would mind a visit or two from Superman this week?”

“I’m sure that they would love it,” she replied, her eyes glowing with happiness. “But wouldn’t that start those nasty kinds of rumors we’ve been trying to avoid here on Earth? Superman only starts visiting the Space Station when Lois Lane comes to stay?”
I’m sure they have female nubile colonists, too. Maybe if Superman made an extra effort with them and only paid cursory attention to a certain reporter…?

“And, frankly, I would like the chance to start anew with you, to have a clean slate, and the opportunity to say things earlier.”
Like, with a time machine?

She gazed at him inquisitively. “Am I going to be the one with amnesia this time?”
Only if she bangs her head. Did you read 50 First Revelations?

“Maybe a date where we pretend we’ve only just met.”
Role playing at a bar? Lois could pretend she’s a singer there. Clark could pretend he’s giving her a red rose…

‘I’d schedule all your nights, if the universe would let me,’ he thought.
Did he just suggest he’d like to book her for every foreseeable night to come?

“Three. Don’t forget the visit to the Space Station,” he teased.
Considering what TV informs us is common to happen on the third date…

“That might be getting a bit risqué,” he murmured, his gut tightening in a very pleasant manner.
Especially for the rescue victim once Superman’s girlfriend learns of it?

The kisses, which had started as a series of feather light kisses, took on a different vibe when she latched onto his jugular with her lips and started to suck. Clark’s leg jerked in surprise.
Aaaand there goes another antenna.

and he was glad he hadn’t kicked a hole into the floorboards of her car.
clap

“Too much?” she asked, too innocently.

He nodded empathically.

‘Please do it again,’ he begged her with his mind.
laugh

When he didn’t respond, she flipped his hand over and kissed his palm and then his wrist.

A sort of strangled whimper emerged from his throat. “Too intimate,” he croaked.
So…no kissing of…?
CLARK: help

She pouted, and he dove in claiming her lips for his own, unable to restrain himself any longer. He licked her lips, teasing her to open her mouth. When she did, he blissfully deepened the kiss.
Oh, look who suddenly got over where those lips have been before.

Suddenly, Lois wasn’t kissing him anymore, she was kissing Luthor, grinding into him, and moaning as she did so.
Oops?

Clark wasn’t leaving. He had promised Lois he wouldn’t run off any more. He was tempted to fly to some junkyard and start tearing everything he found in two, he was so angry with Luthor.
So, maybe they shouldn’t let him near the space station.

“I love you,” he choked out.

She leaned back to stare him in the face. “I’ve never doubted that.”
Look who’s not saying it back.

She turned and faced him, setting her forearms and palms on his chest. “We’re just remodeling our home. There’s dust and debris scattered around, making everything a mess, but once we clean all this up and finish our repairs, our home is going to be stronger than ever. You can quote me on that.”
Yes, but what if he’s like Tim Taylor on Home Improvement?

Lois had overheard Captain Martin tell Director Avery that ‘the reporter must ride in the back’.
laugh

He also mentioned not wanting to be hit with vomit, should she not be able to handle the blast off.
clap But don’t they all wear spacesuits and helmets for take-off? You know, in case something goes wrong. So, if Lois regurgitates her breakfast, it would just hit the inside of her face plate. And that’s why they also wear balaclavas, so the vomit only slaps back into the face but doesn’t get stuck in their hair.

Lois was twice as glad Superman was outside the shuttle to protect her.
Yes, but what happens when Superman carries the shuttle into orbit and Cpt. Martin uses the opportunity to show her the airlock. I mean, would he stop carrying the shuttle and go after Lois or would be first put the shuttle into orbit and then go after Lois?

and that she hadn’t investigated Luthor’s shady dealings in order to get anything in return, except another criminal off the streets.
Does the Pulitzer come with a financial component as well? Did the Church Group happen to have set out a bounty on Lex?

and bringing the paper out of the nineteenth century and into the twenty-first.
Does that mean hiring more female management?
LIDNA: wave

She didn’t want Superman to reject the funding, knowing whence it had come.
Do you think he would? I mean, that money would come in really handy for when he takes Lois to Tahiti. Or maybe a skiing weekend in the Swiss Alps?

He had stopped a ring of muggers terrorizing Las Vegas,
CLARK: blush

She hoped that her letter would soothe any hurt feelings, but once he learned what else she had withheld from him, she doubted it.
They did do a blood test on her that should have come back by now, right?

before allowing Lois Lane fly with them.
LOIS: mad *allow*?

What was she thinking? His mind rushed to answer this question.
Zip? Zilch? Superman Strong! Goo! Goo!

He couldn’t have just left it because his girlfriend expected him to drive with her to the airport.
LOIS: Have you ever known me to unreasonable?
CLARK: help
LOIS: mad

taking a crash course in how to do basic functions and activities in space,
Like apply eye liner or open packages of chocolate?

and wouldn’t be available for him to confront before blast off. Or as it now appeared, ‘Up, Up, and Away’ off.
clap

“I would never imply that EPRAD pilots are unable to perform their own flights safely.
Actually, I think there’s a very high probability of catastrophic failure with each launch. Using the hot air Superman produces is much safer.

“We’re not offended in the least, Superman,” Avery replied with an eager bob of his head. “The fuel cost savings alone will fund our little project just that much longer. We are most grateful for your assistance.”
rotflol Maybe they could offer to pay 1 million dollars a pop to the Superman foundation in exchange for Superman lifting their cargo into orbit?

For all that you have done for us, we would like to present to you the first honorary Key to the Space Station.
Is it ‘1-2-3-4’ on the key pad of the airlock door?

and she had found a way to make it seem like it was Avery’s idea and not theirs.
She is smart. Even for a super villainess.

He only wished he could get a minute of privacy with Lois to express to her how deplorable, how selfish, how patronizing, and how very wrong it was to make promises on Superman’s behalf without first consulting him.
Maybe if she could hold her breath for a minute, he could take her outside once they’re up there? Nah, what am I saying. Lois could never hold her breath that long.

His dad had told him that making mistakes for oneself was the best learning tool. The only problem was that Lois never admitted to making any.
clap Actually, that was my idea behind a possible sequel to The Wild Goose Chase — what if Lois didn’t think she made a mistake? What if she *didn’t* learn from it?

Clark would have to watch out for that woman of his. She was slippery. Had it been her idea that he search for bombs as well?
[Linked Image] So, apparently, they didn’t yet get all the slime off her.

Curiosity got the better of him and Jimmy opened CK’s note again.
So, is that how Jimmy dies and is never seen again?

We believe he’s hiding out in his underground bunker that I told you about.
Maybe Lex is like the Batmobile? You know, blowing off the outer layer to slip between the cracks.

“Bet that’s a full time job itself,” Jimmy chuckled to himself. “Superman’ll probably be appreciating the vacation.”
laugh

“He’s not the only one off his rocker,” said Jimmy with a shake of his head. “— if either of them thinks Luthor hadn’t fallen off his rocker long ago.”
Maybe there’s different grades of off-the-rocker?

From what we know of Luthor, I’m betting that this is the only place where I would truly be safe from him, merely because it’s the last place he’d look.
Unless he decides to ruin EPRAD’s prestige project first with an anti-satellite missle?

I’ll have an out-of-this-world an exclusive article
[Linked Image] extraneous ‘an’.

As if Lois Lane would ever allow Henderson to do anything of the sort… or any house could be ‘safe’ with her in it.
laugh

So…now that I’ve caught up…? grovel

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: wave

Being with Lois is like a roller coaster ride.
CAT: Really? dizzy Lois?
LOIS: I'll take it as a compliment.

Well, it’s true. Without her there, the bomb would likely not have been planted.
You mean without her, the problem with the coolant fixture wouldn't have been discovered and they would have exploded the Prometheus using that?

/scratches head/ If Superman pushes them into orbit, do launch windows even matter?
She didn't tell him about that. That's the part where she tricked him (and wants to be forgiven).

Lois, on the other hand, might go bonkers.
LOIS: Depends. Does this life partner rescue me from death, fly me to Thailand for dinner, do all the cooking and cleaning, have x-ray vision, super hearing, and spend a quarter of the day walking around in less than 1/4 clothed?

I’m sure they have female nubile colonists, too. Maybe if Superman made an extra effort with them and only paid cursory attention to a certain reporter…?
He would die a slow painful death that would make Luthor's torture chamber seem like a nice day?

Like, with a time machine?
No. That would be cheating.

Only if she bangs her head. Did you read 50 First Revelations?
I did. clap Loved it!

Role playing at a bar? Lois could pretend she’s a singer there. Clark could pretend he’s giving her a red rose…
And Lois could pretend to punch him in the nose, and he could take a dive.

CLARK: Duh!

Considering what TV informs us is common to happen on the third date…
Technically, they did go out on her birthday in 1993. And she did tell Perry that dinner when they went out after Superman arrived was a date (although, she told Clark the opposite). Then they had dinner at Lois's apartment for his birthday (okay, technically, she broke up with him, but...)
CLARK: So, what you're saying is that I'm due some birthday lovin'?
EW: Also, this isn't TV. This is reality. /ducking/ Okay, it's fiction.

Rescue victims are only allowed to kiss Superman's cheek.
LOIS: Oh, are they now? [Linked Image]

Aaaand there goes another antenna.
/covers up computer/ I have no idea what antenna you could be referring to. [Linked Image]

So…no kissing of…?
Extremities? [Linked Image]

CLARK: /help/
Exactly.

Technically, they weren't HER lips, but lips on a woman who looked just like her.

So, maybe they shouldn’t let him near the space station.
clap Perhaps not.

Neither did Han, but everyone still thought him adorable.

Yes, but what if he’s like Tim Taylor on Home Improvement?
He's already proven he can do home repair (when he crashed through her living room window).

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Wrong Clark 191
He also mentioned not wanting to be hit with vomit, should she not be able to handle the blast off.
But don’t they all wear spacesuits and helmets for take-off? You know, in case something goes wrong. So, if Lois regurgitates her breakfast, it would just hit the inside of her face plate. And that’s why they also wear balaclavas, so the vomit only slaps back into the face but doesn’t get stuck in their hair.
No, no. Helmets are for THIS dimension or BBT, but if you recall during the Pilot none of the colonists were dressed in such outfits.

Yes, but what happens when Superman carries the shuttle into orbit and Cpt. Martin uses the opportunity to show her the airlock. I mean, would he stop carrying the shuttle and go after Lois or would be first put the shuttle into orbit and then go after Lois?
Depends on how quickly he could put the shuttle in orbit.

Does the Pulitzer come with a financial component as well? Did the Church Group happen to have set out a bounty on Lex?
According to Wikipedia, the prize is $10K and a certificate, and since most reporters don't expect to win, hardly a given. Yes, I'm sure the Church Group (Intergang) did, but one has to be unlawfully employed to earn it.

Does that mean hiring more female management?
LINDA: /wave/
PERRY: No.

Do you think he would? I mean, that money would come in really handy for when he takes Lois to Tahiti. Or maybe a skiing weekend in the Swiss Alps?
That's what he uses the money from Superman Foundation for. [Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Wrong Clark 191
He had stopped a ring of muggers terrorizing Las Vegas,
CLARK: /embarrassed he didn't so earlier/
CLARK: Well, mostly I did this to SHUT JIMMY UP!

Preliminary blood work had returned.

LOIS: /mad/ *allow*?
EPRAD's DIRECTOR AVERY: Yes, it's an honor and a privilege only a select few are allowed.

Zip? Zilch? Superman Strong! Goo! Goo!
Um... no, that wasn't what Clark came up with.

LOIS: Have you ever known me to unreasonable?
CLARK: /pleads the Fifth/
LOIS: /mad/
Ummm... No comment?

Like apply eye liner or open packages of chocolate?
Since water is in short supply, I'm guessing that wearing make-up isn't recommended. My guess that if you open the chocolate inside of a plastic bag, you won't have to share it with everyone else.

Actually, I think there’s a very high probability of catastrophic failure with each launch. Using the hot air Superman produces is much safer.
True, unless he dropped them.
CLARK: I only dropped LANA once!
LANA: That was plenty!
CLARK: It was only two feet.
LANA: Again. Plenty.
CLARK: Argh!
EW: Also, the line was Superman would never "imply"...

Maybe they could offer to pay 1 million dollars a pop to the Superman foundation in exchange for Superman lifting their cargo into orbit?
SUPERMAN: [Linked Image] I'm not for hire!

Is it ‘1-2-3-4’ on the key pad of the airlock door?
Ceremonial key. Also, he's visited before.

TEMPUS, LEX, and countless other villains: Hey! We're not dumb!

Maybe if she could hold her breath for a minute, he could take her outside once they’re up there? Nah, what am I saying. Lois could never hold her breath that long.
Yeah, probably not. And the cold might kill her.
CLARK: My aura might save her, but I'm not chancing it.

Actually, that was my idea behind a possible sequel to The Wild Goose Chase — what if Lois didn’t think she made a mistake? What if she *didn’t* learn from it?
LOIS: [Linked Image] Are you implying that a Mad Dog can't learn new tricks?

So, apparently, they didn’t yet get all the slime off her.
CLARK: What? You think that Luthor's blood is transforming Lois into Luthor? [Linked Image] Oh, great. That's worse than the video.

So, is that how Jimmy dies and is never seen again?
clap
LOIS: Yes.
CLARK: Only if she wrote: "Clark Kent is Superman" within the letter.

Maybe Lex is like the Batmobile? You know, blowing off the outer layer to slip between the cracks.
BATMAN: /hugging his car/ Sacrilege!

You mean like Goldlocks and the Three Bears' Chairs?

Unless he decides to ruin EPRAD’s prestige project first with an anti-satellite missle?
Seems kind of random, doesn't it?
LEX: That's the beauty of the plan. Nobody would it expect it.

extraneous ‘an’.
Thanks. Fixed.

So…now that I’ve caught up…?
Later tonight. I almost posted Part 192 last night but got distracted (Arrow S2 just posted to Netflix Instant List this week) and working on updating the links within the parts of GEM. Only ten more parts to go until she's finished. dance Then starting in on ML. thud Well, if this isn't a call for me to write shorter stories, I don't know what will be.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Yeah, I kind of got behind, but figured, there’s no immediate rush now. /tries to shush RL away/

Quote:
Being with Lois is like a roller coaster ride.
CAT: Really? dizzy Lois?
LOIS: I'll take it as a compliment.
laugh Everyone can take a ride aboard so long as they match the minimum-size requirements?

You mean without her, the problem with the coolant fixture wouldn't have been discovered and they would have exploded the Prometheus using that?
Potato. Corn ear.

She didn't tell him about that. That's the part where she tricked him (and wants to be forgiven).
Maybe she should ask for forgiveness while being less dressed?

LOIS: Depends. Does this life partner rescue me from death, fly me to Thailand for dinner, do all the cooking and cleaning, have x-ray vision, super hearing, and spend a quarter of the day walking around in less than 1/4 clothed?
LEX: Check. Check. I got a staff for that. Got a personal clinic in the basement. Am always making sure to listen in to everything Lois says. Or have my staff sift through the boring stuff she japs on about all day, at least. I sleep in the buff. Yep, sounds like I’m a perfect match for her.

He would die a slow painful death that would make Luthor's torture chamber seem like a nice day?
So, his chosen life-partner is quite difficult to please?

Quote:
And Lois could pretend to punch him in the nose, and he could take a dive.
laugh

Quote:
Huh… /waits for Lois’s reaction to him booking her/

EW: Also, this isn't TV. This is reality. /ducking/ Okay, it's fiction.
laugh Less harebrained than today’s telly?

Quote:
Rescue victims are only allowed to kiss Superman's cheek.
LOIS: Oh, are they now? <would like to have words with a certain writer>
clap

Quote:
Technically, they weren't HER lips, but lips on a woman who looked just like her.
So, that’s what he’s sticking with, then?

Quote:
Neither did Han, but everyone still thought him adorable.
Yes, but he was a ruggedly handsome scoundrel. Lois, on the other hand is a two-timing con-artist who drove her fiancé to an early grave.
CLARK: You forgot ‘reasonably good looking’.

No, no. Helmets are for THIS dimension or BBT, but if you recall during the Pilot none of the colonists were dressed in such outfits.
Right. Nobody cares about take-off safety anymore. You know, when something does happen during takeoff, those spacesuits can mean the difference between erm…Yeah, okay…next question?

Depends on how quickly he could put the shuttle in orbit.
[Linked Image] And how far off the ground they already are.

That's what he uses the money from Superman Foundation for. <prefers Superman embezzling through the proper channels>
clap

CLARK: /embarrassed he didn't so earlier/
CLARK: Well, mostly I did this to SHUT JIMMY UP!
laugh

Quote:
Preliminary blood work had returned.
I’m guessing they don’t screen for that on the prelim?

My guess that if you open the chocolate inside of a plastic bag, you won't have to share it with everyone else.
clap

SUPERMAN: <reacts just like Lois does when someone suggests she puts up her natural talents for sale> I'm not for hire!
What’s with those kids these days?

Quote:
I meant, she is smarter than other female super villain. And since they already have to be smarter than the guys who frequently outsmart Superman, Lois got to be…of average intelligence. Maybe a tick above Forrest Gump?

LOIS: <not happy about that story not having been written> Are you implying that a Mad Dog can't learn new tricks?
All I’m saying is that I’m connecting the dots…

BATMAN: /hugging his car/ Sacrilege!
laugh

Quote:
You mean like Goldlocks and the Three Bears' Chairs?
laugh

Well, if this isn't a call for me to write shorter stories, I don't know what will be.
[Linked Image] Something like this shouldn’t happen more than once a decade. So… every other story or so?

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
Yeah, I kind of got behind, but figured, there’s no immediate rush now. /tries to shush RL away/
So, I need to start posting this story again to draw you away from RL until GoT steals you away again?

Everyone can take a ride aboard so long as they match the minimum-size requirements?
LOIS: No.

/Covers up monitor/ I'm sure Lois will try that trick at some point in the future.
CLARK: /covers his eyes with his hand/ Is my cell structure dense enough that my x-ray vision can't penetrate my hand?

LEX: Check. Check. I got a staff for that. Got a personal clinic in the basement. Am always making sure to listen in to everything Lois says. Or have my staff sift through the boring stuff she japs on about all day, at least. I sleep in the buff. Yep, sounds like I’m a perfect match for her.
CLARK: I can do that, and I don't outsource.

EW: He would die a slow painful death that would make Luthor's torture chamber seem like a nice day?
ER: So, his chosen life-partner is quite difficult to please?
CLARK: She keeps life exciting though, doesn't she?
LEX: [Linked Image]

ER: Did he just suggest he’d like to book her for every foreseeable night to come?
ER: Huh… /waits for Lois’s reaction to him booking her/
LOIS: He's Superman. There's a better than average chance that "every night" won't be "every night".

ER: Look who’s not saying it back.
EW: Neither did Han, but everyone still thought him adorable. ER: Yes, but he was a ruggedly handsome scoundrel. Lois, on the other hand is a two-timing con-artist who drove her fiancé to an early grave.
LOIS: I'm adorable, too!

Right. Nobody cares about take-off safety anymore. You know, when something does happen during takeoff, those spacesuits can mean the difference between erm…Yeah, okay…next question?
clap

ER: They did do a blood test on her that should have come back by now, right?
EW: Preliminary blood work had returned.
ER: I’m guessing they don’t screen for that on the prelim?
Lying to one's boyfriend? I don't think they have a blood test for that. Or were you implying something else?

ER: She is smart. Even for a super villainess.
ER: I meant, she is smarter than other female super villain. And since they already have to be smarter than the guys who frequently outsmart Superman, Lois got to be…of average intelligence. Maybe a tick above Forrest Gump?
That's not saying much for DC comics imaginations if you have to be male to be a super villain.

EW: Well, if this isn't a call for me to write shorter stories, I don't know what will be.
ER: Something like this /website update/ shouldn’t happen more than once a decade. So… every other story or so?
I had three or four short stories posted on the Archives last year, so I do write some. /reminds self to finish ML update fix. wallbash /

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Online Content
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

So, I need to start posting this story again to draw you away from RL until GoT steals you away again?
Sadly, yes. I do hope things settle down in a couple more weeks. Well, at least some time before GoT Season 5 starts. Also, GoTs isn’t really that much of a time hog. Just an episode a week, plus a rewatch of the episode. Oh, and a rewatch of the previous season the weekend before Season 5 starts. See? Not so bad.

Quote:
Everyone can take a ride aboard so long as they match the minimum-size requirements?
LOIS: No.
They also have to cough up the price of the ticket?

/Covers up monitor/ I'm sure Lois will try that trick at some point in the future.
laugh

CLARK: /covers his eyes with his hand/ Is my cell structure dense enough that my x-ray vision can't penetrate my hand?
Clark!

CLARK: I can do that, and I don't outsource.
LEX: So, poor, then?

LOIS: He's Superman. There's a better than average chance that "every night" won't be "every night".
rotflol

LOIS: I'm adorable, too!
She really is cute, isn’t she?

Quote:
ER: They did do a blood test on her that should have come back by now, right?
EW: Preliminary blood work had returned.
ER: I’m guessing they don’t screen for that on the prelim?
Lying to one's boyfriend? I don't think they have a blood test for that. Or were you implying something else?
Carrying a blind passenger up onto the space station in a special carrier pouch unique to the females of the species. Oh, look!
[Linked Image]

That's not saying much for DC comics imaginations if you have to be male to be a super villain.
clap

I had three or four short stories posted on the Archives last year, so I do write some.
/eyes Kerth Quizzes/ And I even recognized them! So far. peep

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard