Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, obviously we are getting closer to the end. Best to get started with a bang...

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Well, I think Lois believes him now. Pity, though, about the fire.

I'm glad Clark told Lois, but didn't his folks tell him about the birds and the bees? What if having made love, Lois gets sent into the future in a portal and she's pregnant with Superman's child and doesn't know what gifts he/she might have? Right before Lois suggested the worst case scenario, I had thought the same thing. The worst thing wouldn't be her going into the future without him, but him going into the future and leaving her behind. frown Let's hope for a happier ever after than that.

Yea! Super Clark to the rescue. The question is what will happen during the fire? Will Lois disappear? Will Clark disappear? Will they both end up in the portal together? Will they run off together and stay in this time together? No, he must be the in portal for her to have seen him? No, I guess not. If they both stay in the past, she could tell him all the times that he saved her as a child and then he could dress in his old suit and go save her to make sure that temptation to go back in time is strong with her.

I can understand Lois's frustration with the police both believing every word she said and not thinking her worthy enough to direct their questions to. Sadly enough, us women still meet men nowadays who do that.

Edge of my seat waiting to see what happens in the next part. Let's hope Lois isn't hurt in the fire. (crosses my fingers).

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
I loved that Clark’s reference for understanding he came in a spaceship was Georges Melies’s film. Did you see Hugo, or read The Invention of Hugo Cabret? They were heavily fictionalized, but a great story about Melies.

So, perhaps the thug’s gunshot was part of history, too? It seems to have set off the fire.

The aurora has shown up, so the time portal is about to open up. I have my fingers crossed for Lois and Clark. Somehow I don’t think Lois is going to just sit there and watch the fire. wink

I’m looking forward to the next part!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Oh, no! Clark went into the hotel and left Lois behind! shock Hope she can find him and stay close before the portal opens. grovel

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Well nice to see the normal Lois and Clark revelation timing exists even in this reality...

Before she could continue, Lois heard the deeply guttural sound of an explosion coming from the direction of the hotel. She saw something white flying upward, through the roof.

Too late she remembered what she’d struggled to remember before.

Water heaters had a safety valve, often on the top of the machine. Without it, the water inside the heater continued to heat, pressure growing and growing until it became a bomb.

yep, that was what she was forgetting...

Getting close to the end, will be waiting to see what you come up with to conclude this adventure. I suspect there are a couple of twists and turns yet to appear.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I suspected it would be the water heater that started the fire. She is probably convinced now, that Clark isn't ordinary. I just hope she'll find him in time to go together through the portal. I hope you wouldn't leave Lois stuck in the past without Clark. frown

KateB
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Different Revelation:

“Are you saying you think you’re some kind of alien?” Lois asked.

“I know I am,” Clark said.

“Did you ever see the machine your parents were talking about?” Lois asked.

Clark shook his head. “Mr. Schuster sold it to a travelling circus.”
shock

He sold the rocket to a circus? How come Jonathan didn't get there first? Very different from Trask stealing the ship.

Clark stared into the direction of the explosion, looked back at her and then sighed.

A moment later he wasn’t there. It was as though he’d vanished into thin air.

I can see the resigned look on Clark's face, his life was about to take a detour such as he never imagined before.

Yup, this part did end with a bang! shocked

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Kerth
Kerth
Oh, Lois, you really shouldn't be so skeptical of Clark's claim...as he rightly pointed out, he willing believed in time travel for you! I think a little floating should be sufficient. wink I don't like that Clark and Lois are separated...an ominous "dun dun DUUUUUNNN" sounded in my head when he took off. You certainly know how to end these sections at the perfect cliffhanger moments! (Darn you! LOL) grin

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yep - classic cliffhanger! And things are all set for Lois to be stuck back in the past while Clark goes through the time portal - right? No, you couldn't be evil enough to do that to our heroes, right?

/waits with bated breath/

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard