Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Sorry about the punny title. What did you think?

Top Banana
Top Banana
In the back of her mind there was something she felt she wasn't remembering. There was something about water heaters. It was there for a moment, and then it was gone. Lois couldn't imagine what it could have been.

Yep, something about water heaters...

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Kerth
Kerth
Yeah...I think that water heater thing might be an important detail. wink Still waiting for Lois to find out that there's something unusual about Clark. grin Go Lois...glad she's not just a damsel in distress but a take-charge kind of gal who can hold her own against anyone. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
You know, I had two ideas on where the title of this part would go and you went to neither of them. clap Thanks for keeping me on my toes.

I was worried about Arthur. I'm glad that the thug didn't do anything to him. Or to Lois, of course.

When the manager (front desk clerk?) led Clark out of the dining room, in my mind I kept screaming, NO, don't separate! I wasn't sure if the manager was leading him to the fire (had no idea why he would do that) or what was going on.

Yea! hyper Tough Lois saves her own bacon! dance hee-hee.

Hmmmmm. Bullet hole in closet of the boiler. That doesn't sound all that safe, now does it? Nope. I'm going to go with bad... really, really bad. Or fishy. As in Red Herring. One of the two. wink But then, again, I'm a bit paranoid since believing that Lois will soon end up in 1960s musical theatre.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 09/06/14 12:27 AM. Reason: clarification

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Lane and Kent are already working together. wink

I wanted to go back and check earlier chapters about the water heater reference. Is there a TOC? Not just for reference, but because the story’s definitely worth re-reading!

Since Lois was already in the pictures that she saw in her present, and Arthur already remembered her, that means she was already part of the events that happened back in 1912 before she went back. So it’s possible her and the thug being there is what causes the fire in the first place. There’s already a causality loop going, but not necessarily one either Clark or Lois will get stuck in. Maybe more like a loop-the-loop on a roller coaster. smile

Top Banana
Top Banana
Debbie,

Of course there is a TOC .

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
There was a chance that what she’d done had scarred the thug for life, possibly even blinded him. Despite the fact that he’d been willing to kill her, that was bad enough. She couldn’t bear the thought that someone innocent might have gotten shot and killed because she’d had an only half thought out plan.

Lois did well, stopping that creep before he hurt someone. Look, by his following orders to kill her he's already lost forty years of his life. You might think in all that time he would have wised up and realized his actions were what got him there in the first place.

Anyway, excellent part! Now the next question is uppermost in everyone's mind: what happens next? crazy

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I was impressed with the desk clerk, though he obviously hadn't approved of Lois and Clark being seen together (without a chaperone) he still warned Clark about the thug. By the way, the thug should have known better, his experience with Lois had been pretty bad. wink

KateB

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard