Honeymoon in Metropolis – Matchmaker Style

Rated PG-13

Disclaimers: The characters in this story are property of DC, December 3rd productions and Warner Bros. No Copyright infringement is intended. I have just borrowed the characters for a short time.

Lois and Clark now live in Clark's ‘old' apartment.

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Previously:

Lois was still trying to get Congressman Harrington’s attention when she heard Clark’s voice and realized that he was here to save her. She heard Clark shout, “Lois!”

She shouted back, “Clark! Over here!”

She looked at Harrington to get his attention and let him know that the cavalry had arrived, but when she looked at him he was staring out to sea and his eyes had gone almost as large as dinner plates.

She didn’t know how Clark got to her, if he had flown or run, but she was grateful that he was there nonetheless. Looking over her shoulder, she saw that Clark was in his business suit and not the Suit. It was natural then that he would kneel behind them and start to work on their bonds.

Still worried, Clark asked, “Where’s Roarke?”

Lois nodded her head and said, “He headed out to sea.”

Clark looked and didn’t like what he saw. He looked at Harrington and saw his blank stare. He asked, “Is he all right?”

“I think he’s in shock. He never meant for this to happen.”

“For what to happen?”

“How should I ...” That was when she saw the wave. She gasped and said, “Oh … my … GOD! Clark! Look! Come on, get us out of these ropes.”

From seaward there was a RUMBLE, like rolling thunder or a hundred freight trains. Lois' eyes widened. Harrington Screamed. Clark swiveled to look.

Realizing that time was short and that Harrington probably wouldn’t remember what was happening anyhow, Clark ripped the ropes apart and freed Lois and Harrington.

And Now:

Chapter 10

Exiting the Planet, Luthor had immediately climbed into his limo and directed Nigel to take him to Pier 31. The early morning traffic kept them from traveling very fast and Luthor was feeling frustrated. He wanted to arrive before Kent so the HE could rescue Lois. Finally as he was approaching the docks in the distance he saw the wall of water. His frustration grew along with the wall of water. He needed to be the one to rescue Lois.

Clark helped Lois and Harrington to their feet.

“Go, go. Get to higher ground,” Clark urgently said and pushed them on their way.

It took Harrington a few seconds to realize that he had been released, but as soon as he did, he turned and fled.

Lois turned to Clark fully expecting him to pick her up and fly her away, but instead she saw that he was looking at the wall of water that was rapidly approaching. Clark had been all around the world and had seen large waves. He had seen some big waves in Oahu, Maui, Mexico, Tahiti, Tasmania, Chile, California, South Africa and Fiji, but those were waves that surfers could handle. He had never seen a wave this big. This made the largest wave he had ever seen in the Banzai Pipeline look like a pond ripple. It towered into the air for what seemed like a hundred feet and it was bearing down on Metropolis with the speed of a freight train, not a slow freight, an express.

If that wave made it to shore only the tallest structures would survive.

Lois grabbed his arm and asked, “What are you going to do?”

Without taking his eyes from that evil wall of water, Clark said to her, “Lois, I want you to get to higher ground. Run.”

Lois asked, “What about you?”

“I’ve got to stop … that.”

Lois gave him a peck on the cheek and said, “Go get ’em Tiger!”

He noted that Harrington was already out of sight and he doubted he would be looking back again as he fled so he did a spin change and took to the air.

Heedless of the danger and confident in her husband’s abilities, Lois stayed where she was to watch the show. She found her bag lying on the dock near where she had been tied up. Picking it up, she was surprised to see that her camera had been returned to it. She pulled it out and started snapping pictures.

As the wave approached the shoals it actually became taller, the rising seabed forcing the water higher. Clark was surprised that it didn’t start to curl and break, but then this was not a normal wave. It reached the point where it actually dwarfed all, everything, but the tallest buildings on the Metropolis skyline.

As Clark took to the air the wave finally began to crest, but that really wasn’t a big help. He had to do something to protect Lois. By protecting Lois he would also be protecting the city.

Thinking back to their time in the Honeymoon Suite he remembered the spa tub. The design had a trench around the lip with extra drains to siphon off the excess water. Even with all of the turbulence of their movements it had not overflowed.

At super speed he clove into the water in front of the wave. Diving to the seabed he began to dig a trench. He threw the debris up on the shore side of the trench. The deeper he made the trench the higher the wall rose. In less time than you would think, the trench he had excavated extended beyond the limits of the wave in both directions and the wall rose above the surface.

When the wave reached that point, Clark assisted his efforts by flying back and forth, side to side, pushing as much water in front of him as he could. The effect was dramatic.

When the wave hit the trench he had created it had immediately lost much of its height. Superman’s movement through the trench from side to side siphoned off large quantities of the water and the wall that had been created with the excavation debris stood like a dike. What was left of the wave hit the dike and subsided.

It was like the wave just magically folded in on itself and disappeared.

Seeing that the danger was now past, Superman took apart the dike he had created. He knew that it would be a hazard to ocean going vessels so he simply pushed the debris back into the trench he had created.

Once he was finished he floated up above the surface and spun at super speed to spin dry his Suit and then flew to where Lois awaited him.

Just as Superman was landing Lex Luthor finally made it through the gate of the fence and to a position where he could see the wharf. He had seen Congressman Harrington fleeing the scene as he had approached and it had taken him some time to negotiate the fence. As he watched he saw Superman land next to Lois. Without preamble, Lois threw her arms around Superman and kissed him. Luthor didn’t see Superman resist her attentions, in fact as he watched; Superman placed an arm under her knees and the other one across her back as he lifted her. When he did she draped her arms around his neck, kissed him again and then laid her head on his shoulder.

Luthor thought, <Huh, I wonder if Kent knows about this. Maybe he should be made aware of just how cozy his wife is with Superman. Enough of that and he might divorce her.>

Clark flew Lois home. They landed on the balcony and moved into the bedroom. Before they had gone five paces he had spun into his business suit.

In a chiding tone, he said, “Lois, we have to talk.”

Innocently, Lois replied, “Oh? What about?”

“Lois, you did it again!”

Still acting innocent, she asked, “Did what again?”

“Look, don’t act innocent. You know exactly what I’m talking about. You went off and put yourself into a dangerous situation without even telling me where you were going.”

Lois hedged, “Well, you weren’t around. You had gone off on a rescue. How could I tell you if you weren’t even around?”

“Lo – is. You had to have had this planned before I left! I was worried sick about you. I was about ready to start scouring the city. If I had, I could have been on the far side of the city when all of this happened and then where would you be?”

With a shy smile she said, “Right where I belong, in your arms. I knew you would rescue me. You always do.”

“Lois, why does this keep happening? You promised that you wouldn’t do that again.”

“Oh, I didn’t mean to. It’s just that … well …”

“Well what?”

“Well, if I had told you, you would have told me how dangerous it would be and ask me not to go and I would have had to say that it’s my job and I have to go and you would have insisted that I stay home, for my own safety and I would have had to defy you and go anyway, so you see it was better this way. I didn’t have to defy you and go against your wishes.”

Shaking his head in chagrin at her babble, Clark asked, “What am I going to do with you?”

Lois smiled a coy smile and a raised eyebrow, she asked, “Are you really looking for suggestions?”

“Lois, I’m trying to have a serious discussion here.”

“So am I. I’m serious about our relationship.”

Clark just looked at her for a minute.

Finally, she broke the silence. In a small voice she said, “Clark?”

Resignedly, Clark replied, “What is it Lois?”

“I think I got some good shots of the tsunami.”

He looked at her in surprise. “You what?”

She started to smile a self-satisfied smile, “I think I got some good shots of the tsunami.”

He looked at her in amazement, “You are amazing. With all that was happening, you managed to get pictures? In … credible.”

She nodded, “Yep. I think we need to get in to the Planet so that Jimmy can develop the film and then we need to start writing. We’ve got a scoop to publish. Give me a minute to change and we can be on our way.”

The next morning the headline of the Daily Planet read:
SURF’S UP!
And had a Lane and Kent byline.

All around them the newsroom was a bustle, a normal busy morning. Lois, Clark, Jimmy, Perry, and Cat were all gathered around Clark’s desk. The featured photo was of the giant wave with the photo credit being given to Lois Lane
The Sub-heads were:
Superman Builds Undersea Trench, Saves Metropolis With Seconds to Spare.
And:
Thaddeus Roarke Held For Questioning.

Jimmy was incredulous, “Held for questioning! Hah! They caught the guy red-handed!”

Perry commented, “It’s amazing how he manipulated the Shock Wave sensors to make them think something the size of the Rocky Mountains was trying to penetrate the system.”

Lois replied, “Yeah, the system worked just fine. It just … over-reacted.”

Clark finished for her, “And the resulting seismic effect caused the tsunami.”

Lois said, with some satisfaction, ”So, Luthor Technologies, with some modifications gets the contract. End of story.”

Cat added, “Not quite. Congressman Ian Harrington is claiming he set the whole thing up as a sting operation to trap Roarke. He says any claims of collusion on his part are merely unsubstantiated rumors.”

Thinking about what Cat has said previously, Clark, Lois, Jimmy and Perry all chorused, “The best kind.”

All of them, including Cat started to laugh.

A few days later the phone rang in the Honeymoon Suite of the Lexor Hotel.

Clark picked up the phone and said, “Hello.”

The voice coming out of the receiver was immediately recognizable, “Clark Kent, what are you and Lois doing in the Honeymoon Suite again?”

Clark smiled and said, “Hi, Mom. Well you see it’s this way, it’s just the management's way of apologizing for any inconvenience suffered during our stay. They knew that we didn’t trash the room. They didn’t know just who or why but since we were registered here at the time they offered us a couple of days free after the repairs were completed.”

“Is Lois there? I still need to talk to her about Thanksgiving.”

“Uh, she went downstairs.”

Jonathan said, “Uh oh. Just like last time.”

Just then, Lois, carrying a small bag came through the door and Clark said, “No, not like the last time. Here she is. Lois, Mom and Dad are on the phone.”

Lois put down her package and took the phone from Clark, “Hi Martha and Jonathan! I’m happy to hear from you.”

“And we are happy to hear you, too. Listen, Thanksgiving is coming up. What are you guys doing?”

Lois looked at Clark with a question in her eyes. He smiled and said, “Whatever you want to do is fine.”

Lois smiled and returned to the phone, “Martha, we don’t have any plans. What did you have in mind?”

A little later, Lois and Clark were in the bedroom. Lois held up that package she had brought back from downstairs. She said, “I’m going into the bathroom to change. No peeking.”

He gave her an innocent expression and said, “Me? Peek? Never!”

Lois almost danced into the bathroom. Clark heard the shower and thought he might as well get comfortable so he changed out of his business suit and into a pair of sleep shorts.

He heard the shower go off and then some rustling sounds in the bathroom. He could distinguish the sounds of the towel rubbing over her skin and the slight squeak as she dried her hair.

A few minutes later the door opened and Lois stood in the doorway. She struck a pose and Clark’s jaw dropped open. She was a vision of loveliness in red satin. She was wearing a red teddy and stiletto heels looking absolutely sexy. He could feel all of his blood running south as his breath caught in his throat.

Seeing his reaction, Lois asked in a sultry tone, “Wanna peel a tomato?”

comments go here

The end

TBC in All Shook Up – Matchmaker Style

Last edited by KenJ; 09/05/14 12:31 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj