Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
I hope you enjoyed the mini story. It was inspired by various cats in my life over the years.

"Who's asking? Clark... or Superman?"
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Cute story.

As soon as they headed upstairs, my first thought was, "Goldilocks." When the culprit's hair was found to be black however, I hadn't known who it was. Within a paragraph of Clark behaving toward her in a way that he would not do toward any woman other than Lois, I figured it would have been a dog. That it was a feline did take me by surprise.

So... What did Lois name the cat?

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Yay! Welcome back! dance

My cat Pepper made an appearance in an LnC story, so I'm happy to see that another feline has made a home in Lois and Clark's life.

My question is the same as Lynn's; what did the name the little furball? Bandit? smile

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Cute story.

As soon as they headed upstairs, my first thought was, "Goldilocks." When the culprit's hair was found to be black however, I hadn't known who it was. Within a paragraph of Clark behaving toward her in a way that he would not do toward any woman other than Lois, I figured it would have been a dog. That it was a feline did take me by surprise.

So... What did Lois name the cat?

Joy,
Lynn
Thank you. I'm glad you found the story to be cute.

One of the cats who inspired the story was one I had for 13 years, born during the time LnC originally aired, named Midnight. The story also takes place at night, somewhere around that hour, so Lois named the cat Midnight. smile

The cat with the super-soft fur was one that belonged to my aunt. No cat has ever come close to having fur as soft as that cat did.

Originally Posted by Morgana
Yay! Welcome back! dance

My cat Pepper made an appearance in an LnC story, so I'm happy to see that another feline has made a home in Lois and Clark's life.

My question is the same as Lynn's; what did the name the little furball? Bandit? smile
Thank you. I love cats, so giving Lois & Clark one in a story as a pet was fun. A story I'm writing for another fandom features a dog named Pepper (there's also a cat in the story). smile

Midnight. See my response to Lynn's feedback for the reasons for that name.

L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
The miniature schnauzer I had had as a child was named "Pepper." I guess it's a pretty common pet name.

Joy,
Lynn

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It is a common name, but oh what an uncommon place my dear little furball has in my heart.

Midnight. Perfect.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
Ditto for my Pepper. A common name does not a common pet make.

Joy,
Lynn

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Awwwww. What a heartwarming story. /siff/ That cat burglar sure knew what she was doing. smile I figured out who it was by the fact Clark remembered her soft hair. I've met many a cat who has soft fur... and having adopted a couple of un-cuddly kittens last summer, envious that this one is so ready to love Lois and Clark.

Originally Posted by Lynn S. M.
Ditto for my Pepper. A common name does not a common pet make.
I wish people nowadays would remember that when naming their children. Too often they think it is the name which makes the person and not the person who makes the name. The rest of us end up dealing with the worst "original" names conceivable, which are usually impossible to pronounce.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Welcome back, Lady Loisette! And what a lovely, heart-warming story to read tonight clap

I was really curious to find out just who had broken into the brownstone-- and really wasn't sure till the part about being curled up on Clark's pillow. Once I read 'curled up', I immediately thought of a cat.

Loved the story, and look forward to reading more of your work smile...

On a side note--and probably need to put a WHAM warning in here--ironically, I sat down to read this story with my cat Bella on my lap...petting her all the while reading. Anyway, the fact that it was a story about a cat, and I had her here with me while reading, was a bit ironic. But--the bigger irony is that just this afternoon I found out she is sick, very sick, with failing kidneys due to kidney cancer. And just tonight, have come to the conclusion (based on results from today) to say goodbye to her tomorrow. Anyway, your story could not have come at a better time wink --'we' always read fanfic together, and it was such a touching way to end the night. So thank you...very much.

And so sorry to bring it up here/now, but the timing of your story was just so perfectly placed. It will be something I always will remember associated with her.

Thanks much,
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by VirginiaR
Awwwww. What a heartwarming story. /siff/ That cat burglar sure knew what she was doing. smile I figured out who it was by the fact Clark remembered her soft hair. I've met many a cat who has soft fur... and having adopted a couple of un-cuddly kittens last summer, envious that this one is so ready to love Lois and Clark.
Thank you. Yeah, the cat is a smart one. She knew that the nice man who saved her, then petted her for a while would make a good choice to turn into her owner. She also knew how to get Lois to agree to let her stay.

Originally Posted by LMA
Welcome back, Lady Loisette! And what a lovely, heart-warming story to read tonight clap

I was really curious to find out just who had broken into the brownstone-- and really wasn't sure till the part about being curled up on Clark's pillow. Once I read 'curled up', I immediately thought of a cat.

Loved the story, and look forward to reading more of your work smile...

On a side note--and probably need to put a WHAM warning in here--ironically, I sat down to read this story with my cat Bella on my lap...petting her all the while reading. Anyway, the fact that it was a story about a cat, and I had her here with me while reading, was a bit ironic. But--the bigger irony is that just this afternoon I found out she is sick, very sick, with failing kidneys due to kidney cancer. And just tonight, have come to the conclusion (based on results from today) to say goodbye to her tomorrow. Anyway, your story could not have come at a better time wink --'we' always read fanfic together, and it was such a touching way to end the night. So thank you...very much.

And so sorry to bring it up here/now, but the timing of your story was just so perfectly placed. It will be something I always will remember associated with her.

Thanks much,
Laura
Thank you. It's nice to have time to visit this place again. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and that it came at just the right time for you. I had been thinking of waiting until tomorrow to post the story. I'm glad I decided to post today so that you could read it tonight.

Sorry about your sweet little kitty. My cat Midnight, who served as a big part of the inspiration for this story had to be put to sleep exactly 1 week before her 13th birthday, so I know how it feels to have to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Hugs to you and your sweet little kitty.

S
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
S
So cute! And I love the name "Midnight"... for a black cat!

wave

Sydney

Non ! non, c’est bien plus beau lorsque c’est inutile !
(Edmond Rostand)
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Originally Posted by Sydney
So cute! And I love the name "Midnight"... for a black cat!

wave
Thanks. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I thought Midnight was a great name for a black cat too when I named my Midnight when I was a child.

LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Thank you. It's nice to have time to visit this place again. I'm glad you enjoyed the story and that it came at just the right time for you. I had been thinking of waiting until tomorrow to post the story. I'm glad I decided to post today so that you could read it tonight.

Sorry about your sweet little kitty. My cat Midnight, who served as a big part of the inspiration for this story had to be put to sleep exactly 1 week before her 13th birthday, so I know how it feels to have to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Hugs to you and your sweet little kitty.

I think you posted your wonderful story at the exact perfect time smile...

Sorry to hear about your loss of Midnight. I'm sure she was an amazing part of your life--and thanks so much for your thoughts and hugs. I did end up saying goodbye to Bella on Thursday....such a sad day, but I do have peace in knowing it was the right time, the right decision. And I am very thankful for the ten years I had her.

Pets are such a wonderful blessing...

Again, thanks sloppy
Laura

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard