Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
We’re getting near the end! If you’ve forgotten what happened back at the beginning, or missed a chapter, they're all collected here with the feedback threads thanks to Mike M and LabRat. Chapter 51 will be posted Tuesday morning.

I really enjoy hearing from everyone about the story. What do you think of this chapter?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Interesting factoid about Clark's journals. Is Lois writing a set too? Let's hope Tempus doesn't find them and publish them.

So, Kara's kidnapping was national news? I guess since her folks are in the media industry it would be more likely to be covered than Joe Schmoe, plumber's daughter.

The two dimensions are much different for other reasons as well. Geographically different. Does that mean that Metropolis was formed (or not formed) because of where the river was? Did Krypton not explode in the Jordan's dimension? Too bad that it's unlikely that she'll find alt-versions of her friends living nearby. frown

The boat's still out if Kara will get her powers back gradually or all at once, or if at all. It's a hard adjustment to get them, but then have them taken away once she got used to them. I'm sure having them and learning about the family secret, though, has changed her outlook on life.

“I’ll help you and your brother practice your powers and get ready. I just can’t promise yet when we’ll let you help.” He hesitated. “By the way, have any of your powers come back?”

Kara looked down. “I don’t think so,” she said, crestfallen.

“You might be invulnerable, like you were before this all started. We could check; it wouldn’t hurt at all.”

Kara looked up at her father and shook her head. “I think I just want to wait.”
I wouldn't really want to trust the man who can't feel pain either. Even pricking her with a pin would hurt, even for a second. But I guess he could x-ray her with his vision do-hicky thing.

Did the family ever let Jordy know that Kara isn't his biological sister? Also, if Kara is 11 and Jordy is 14, how was he 1 when she arrived in Kansas? Or did I mess up my numbers somewhere?

EDIT: Also, I'm glad that Clark flew into the future and checked out that her friends remained safe. I wonder what he saw. Will he tell Lois? What did they do with the time machine now that Tempus has been taken care of? Don't they know it isn't safe to have one of those around the house with two (almost) teenagers in the house?

Last edited by VirginiaR; 08/31/14 06:55 PM. Reason: Added more stuff

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
It's probably for the best that Kara doesn't have her powers back. She'd want to help people, and then she'd be in the same boat again.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Delightful part. The whole tale has been delightful. I just caught up on the last few parts. Great fun. Loved that Clark was suppose to go boom.

Enjoyed that H.G. Wells recognized Emily and Caitlin's names in part 48.

Originally Posted by VirginiaR
What did they do with the time machine now that Tempus has been taken care of? Don't they know it isn't safe to have one of those around the house with two (almost) teenagers in the house?

Now that sounds like a story idea all on it's own.

Framework4
DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Wow, thank you for the great comments!

I don’t think Tempus needs any journals from Lois or Clark, since he’s from the future where everyone knows everything about them. (Possibly from those same journals!) After all, Lois is a breakfast cereal. Maybe he grew up staring at the back of the box every morning.

Kara’s kidnapping was news in Metropolis, since Lois and Clark are known in the media community there. If the child of a famous New York Times reporter was kidnapped, you’d probably hear about it (at least in the New York Times). I don’t know how much news Kara’s kidnapping was outside Metropolis. Probably not front page.

Yes, there are differences in central Delaware’s topography between Emily’s world and Lois’s and Clark’s. The same with southern New Jersey (where Gotham City is). Clark notices them back in Chapter 40.

There was never a Krypton in Emily’s world. Since the subspace was chaotic, no one had ever used subspace technology in that reality, so no humans were transplanted to an alien world there. I don’t know if the same planet existed, and remained uninhabited until it blew up. My bet would be no.

Since humans were transplanted to Krypton by an advanced race for some inscrutable reason, I wonder if Krypton itself was engineered. Possibly even engineered to explode after a time, to put a time limit on the aliens’ “experiment.”

I don’t think Jordy knows Kara is adopted. She arrived when he was three years old, too young to understand how babies normally arrive. By the time he was old enough to understand he’d probably forgotten. Now that Kara knows, the Kents probably need to have a family meeting and discuss it.

The time machine has a key, which I’m sure Clark keeps very safe. Jordy and Kara are also responsible enough not to get into that kind of trouble. Laura, on the other hand, I can see getting into trouble… in a purely innocent way. She’s like that. (Remember flushing her sneakers down the toilet?)

Thank you so much for reading!

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Since the subspace was chaotic, no one had ever used subspace technology in that reality, so no humans were transplanted to an alien world there.

You know, I very very vaguely remember you saying something about this in an earlier chapter, but I totally forgot about it till now. Could you refer me back to what you said earlier?

DebbieG Offline OP
Beat Reporter
OP Offline
Beat Reporter
Kara’s organelles and chaotic subspace were in the story in Chapter 7. There were also comments about it in some of the FDK threads.

On where Kryptonians come from, I got the idea they were transplanted humans from other fanfic authors, and added some embellishments. I talked about it in the FDK thread for chapter 3.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard