Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Comments go here.

Kerth
Kerth
Finally!! hyper

"Practice up your shielding spells...and remember to duck if you see green light coming your way."

Harry Potter to Wizengamot in OotP trial

A Bad Week in the Wizengamot
M
Blogger
Blogger
M
This is so great. Love it! thumbsup smile

Just one tiny thing... You haven't mentioned anyting about Clark having a beard... Does he have one? ...or, did Nor take out some kind of wierd pleasure of shaving him during those six weeks? confused

Keep writing.
/Mona

Columnist
Columnist
Hi Rac,

Thank goodness Kal has been rescued. Thank you for that. smile

You know, I'd never thought about the beard thing. wink

I hope that Kal is awake and gets Lois' wedding ring back soon. I think he'll need the comfort that he gets from it. He has been through so much.

Looking forward to the next part.

Yours Jenni

T
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
T
I was so disappointed when this story went away for awhile. I'm so glad it's back! Despite my not being totally in love with the NK arc, you're doing a fabulous job with this. The only thing I'd like to see more is Lois as Ultrawoman, but I understand that there's only room for so much in any story.

But I'm not being critical, believe me! This is good stuff and I hope you keep it up. I really liked your description of Talan and her almost obsessive drive to rescue Clark. I wonder, is she going to suffer some mental repercussions from this? You've almost described her as being in love with Kal-El, and since she's now the keeper of the One Ring, will she be able to give it back to him, knowing that it represents his life on Earth with another woman?

Lots of dramatic potential left here, and I know you'll do a wonderful job mining it. I look forward eagerly to the next part.

Life isn't a support system for writing. It's the other way around.

- Stephen King, from On Writing
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Hi,

Great part. help This talk more about Clark.

“May I go with you?” the little girl asked, her bottom lip trembling.

“I am afraid that my road is long and dangerous. Go back inside where you will be safe.”

The little girl nodded sadly. “Goodbye, traveler.”
grumble Why would she want to go with a stranger?

He moaned piteously. Ching felt his heart leap up into his throat as he approached. In the darkness, he had been unable to ascertain the extent of Kal El’s injuries from a distance. The other man’s body was covered with wounds and bruises. Cuts around his eyes and forehead bled profusely. The dark stains of blood covered his face, except for two thin tracks where the tears had washed the blood away.
confused Who was the other man?

He lifted the First Minister onto his shoulders. The other man should have been much heavier; instead, he was barely a burden. He only had a few minutes before the patrol would return.
confused Did he leave "other man" behind and never even mention him to rescue?

“The scars…” Zara murmured as she looked at the healing cuts and dark bruises on his face.

“He will have them for the rest of his life,” Tao Scion replied. “The wounds are too old and while they will fade, many are quite large.”

“The ones on his face, though…” Zara asked insistently. “What of those?”
eek The don't have plastic surgeon?

confused Will the yellow sun erase his scars?

“Kal El has a life on Earth that he will return to. He will take nothing from this place but unpleasant memories and scars. He should not have to wear them for all the world to see, to gawk and stare and wonder at his private hell,” she replied grimly.
eek Superman can't have scars!

grumble Is time to get the Nor's family.

More ASAP, please.

MAF clap

Maria D. Ferdez.
---
Don't like Luthor, unfinished, untitled and crossover story, and people that promises and don't deliver. I'm getting choosy with age.
MAF
Top Banana
Top Banana
Another powerful, installment, Rac. You're capturing so well the hell that millions of men have faced over way too many years when they leave home to fight wars. But here also its the so called secondary charcters that affect us - Zara and her poignant restraint as she *doesn't* greet Ching the way she wants to, and the incredible Talan.

But get Clark home safely to Lois and their child. smile

c.

R
Rac Offline OP
Columnist
OP Offline
Columnist
R
Thanks so much for your comments, everyone.

Mona and Jenni, I went back and added a word or two to my version to indicate that he does indeed have a beard. wink

Hi Terry. Thanks for your very insightful comments. I think that you'll be pleased to see more of Ultrawoman in future parts. The LOTR parallel with the ring is hard to avoid, but I don't think it'll end up being the weapon of the evil lord Sauron. wink

Maria, thanks for the comments, as always. The reference to 'the other man' was just a way to avoid repeating 'Clark' and 'Kal El' in that passage. There was no additional person. As for the number of people in the rescue, my thinking is that there is so much ground to cover and so many leads to look into, that the forces probably break up into very small groups to search and then if they find something, call for more help. In this case, there wasn't time to call for additional soldiers before getting Clark out. That's why only two went in after him.

Thanks for your comments, Carol. I have been hoping throughout this to capture the idea that wars, even just ones, are awful things. They put good people in terrible situations. I'm very glad taht that is coming across and that the secondary characters are coming off as sympathetic and interesting.

I will be posting more soon everyone. Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment!

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard