Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

Kerth
Kerth
Squeeeee!!! clap Gosh, I just love this story. See, check out this line:

Originally Posted by ShayneT
“Words of faint praise often indicate subtle criticism,” he said, frowning.

One sentence captures the mood, the place in time, the character of this man...the sentence structure would work no where else but in this story. You're my hero! thumbsup

I enjoyed both this section and last for reflecting correctly that each character would be just as out of place in the other's time. But that a man of his time would be willing to drop everything for her? <<swoon>> So romantic!

Please don't let this relationship end badly!!! grovel Waiting impatiently for the next part!

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
How very romantic. Sigh. Of course, Lois considers her career of huge importance to who she is, therefore, for Clark to give up everything to follow her and her dreams must feel like a daydream. Lois forgets that Clark is trained as an actor. He could still do that in the modern day. But that Lois is thinking of giving up going forward in time to be with Clark as so to make his life better and more comfortable, only tells us that she has truly fallen in love.

That they both feel the same means something wonderful has happened. Maybe while on their voyages through time they will find some era which will fit both of their natures.

I think that Clark will be able to adjust to faster times, but the increase of noise and smells (well, different smells) might be a little bit of a culture shock.

What will Clark say when he learns Lois is from the future? Will he tell her that he's different too? What will she think should she learn he thinks he's from a shooting star? Oh, dear! Oh, dear! Oh, dear!

I fear for what will happen should the fire break out. How will the fire start? Does the thug from the future make another reappearance? Who was the man asking for Lois? Will Lois make it into the portal? Will Clark? Will he be stuck in this time as she shoots forward in the portal? So many possibilities.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
This continues to be a wonderful story; having it all from Lois’s point of view enhances it, I think. I’m looking forward to seeing how you manage to make both of them happy (or if you manage to make both of them happy).

So, will they get to tell each other their secrets in the next chapter? Or will there be another interruption? smile

K
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
K
I've just caught up with this wonderful story. So sweet and romantic. I just love the way they interact, so much L&C but in different time setting. I just hope, that you'll find a happier solution, than in C.Reeve's movie.
Looking forward to the next part.

KateB
Top Banana
Top Banana
I think I agree with Virginia, you have setup so many possibilities. On one hand I can't wait to see which one(s) you use. On the other hand I love the slow pace the story is evolving it fits well with the pace of life in the early 1900's.

This story remains one of the postings I read as soon as I can once I get the e-mail. Each chapter moves the story forward elegantly. There is just enough tension to keep things interesting and plenty of understated romance that I expect (hope) will get more demonstrative as we progress towards to story climax(maybe a bad choice of words). Personally I am getting better at following stories in the serial form as for years I would wait until a story was totally posted before I began reading it.

I for one look forward to each post.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
This story moves with grace and style, not an action packed adventure flick. Clark is a gentleman and perfect representative of his time. It is a pleasure to read his words and watch his mannerisms.

Thank you for letting us step through the door of time.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
When will Clark reveal his own secret to Lois? She's already noticed that there's something a little odd about him.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard