Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Random thread reporting the news:
http://screenrant.com/babylon-5-movie-reboot/

This. Is. Just. jawdrop

Although, I'm a tad wary on the entire 'reboot' concept. But JMS could retell the story as originally intended. Only thing better would be a TV show. Hmm...Like they do with the Avengers and Agents of Shield. Only...B5 quality whistle

Plus, I'm still heartbroken that they lost the original cgi so they could never update as intended wallbash

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
L
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
L
How cool! Much as I love L&C, ST:TOS, the Twilight Zone, and some other shows, I must say that I've always thought that B5 was the best TV show ever to have been made. The foreshadowing, story arcs, and character evolution were second to none.

I hope that the reboot does get made and that it lives up to the quality of the original series.

Thanks for sharing this.

Joy,
Lynn

S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Wow. With JMS involved, that could be good. Even the novels written about this universe (J. Gregory Keyes - the psi corps trilogy; and Peter David -Londo's final end trilogy) were consistent and excellent.

One of the great aspects of Babylon 5 was the storytelling - the idea of broad story arcs. A movie doesn't lend itself to that as well.I must confess the word 'reboot' bothers me a little because you run the risk of changing the essence of the show. But with JMS involved...

Joan

Last edited by scifiJoan; 08/16/14 04:15 PM.
Features Writer
Features Writer
I'm wary about a reboot as well, but...

If it's B5, then I'm there. No question. And especially if Bruce is involved.

Kathy goofy

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Great news!!! I'm there too! Surprising things are happening these days with Agents of SHIELD being on TV. Just saw "Guardians of the Galaxy" and it was truly awesome, funny and fast paced. If the Bab 5 could be like that it could make a fortune.
Hoping----
Artemis

History is easy once you've lived it. - Duncan MacLeod
Writing history is easy once you've lived it. - Artemis
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
If it gets the numbers to either get a series or multiple movies that would be great. One reason the MCU movies, Thor, Avengers, Iron Man etc work so well is that they have rough outlines 4-5 years out and detailed ones for 1-3 years out. So they tie together and a small thing in one movie is foreshadowing for one several movies down the line. A set of B5 movies that did the same would work.

Freelance Reporter
Freelance Reporter
Babylon 5 is my favorite show of all time, hands down (sorry, fellow FOLCs!). The characters, the story arc, how well planned out it all was even with the inevitable changes... I adore just about everything about that show.

That being said, the idea of a reboot honestly worries me. If it were a new story with brand new characters, or a story filling in a gap or extending something from the already-existing canon, then I would be over the moon with excitement (and I wouldn't need Superman to get me there!). But the thought of re-casting any of the characters I know so well... the thought of anyone but Bruce Boxleitner playing Sheridan, or anyone but Claudia Christian as Ivanova... I honestly can't see it.

Now, I have faith in JMS, and as we all know, Faith Manages - so if anyone can pull it off, he can, and I'll definitely be right there to see it either way!

~*Monica*~

"Being with you is stronger than me alone."

Moderated by  KSaraSara 

Link Copied to Clipboard