Print Thread
ShayneT Offline OP
Features Writer
OP Offline
Features Writer
Well, what do you think?

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ahhhh, the rich food, made with real ingredients. The good old days. Of course, the reason people could handle the rich food back then was that they walked everywhere. You are giving us a nice glance into the past. smile

Poor Clark to have lost his parents to typhoid. I liked this line:
“She always called me her miracle. When I was young she always told me that I’d come on a shooting star.”
What a beautiful way of putting it.

I wonder why Robinson is so interested in Clark. What did the medium tell him? Clearly, he introduced Clark to her as well, because of her prediction.

I love you slowly unwrapping this story like a gift. A hint here, something new there. I'm enjoying Lois's perspective and fears about this old timey universe.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I was young she always told me that I’d come on a shooting star.”
It seems he doesn't believe he really came on a shooting star. It's not his fault, at that time nobody could imagine life out of Earth. shock

Curious as who is this medium. confused Spot on previsions.

Almost missed this part because it's not marked with the blue arrow and since the upgrade my read links don't change color. mad The blue arrow helps to spot new parts. wink

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by Ultra Woman
It seems he doesn't believe he really came on a shooting star. It's not his fault, at that time nobody could imagine life out of Earth. shock
Actually, there were science fiction novels about aliens in 1912 (The War of the Worlds, by H. G. Wells, was first published in serialized form in 1897 and as a novel in 1898, and has never been out of print).

"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.”

- Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
As Virginia observed, beautifully written and unfolding at just the right pace. I’m really enjoying this story, even though Lois’s situation is making me squirm. Your portrayal of how difficult it would be for a modern woman back then is very believable.

Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by DebbieG
As Virginia observed, beautifully written and unfolding at just the right pace. I’m really enjoying this story, even though Lois’s situation is making me squirm. Your portrayal of how difficult it would be for a modern woman back then is very believable.

Totally agree about the pace of the story and the writing. The Lois situation really shows off her ability to think on her feet and adapt to rapidly changing situations one of her real abilities in the series, that and her wacky (and accurate) intuition. I tend to like stories that showcase that aspect of her character, the strong, intelligent, and adaptable Lois Lane.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Still wondering if the medium was Star (or her previous incarnation.) I'm assuming from Clark's wistful remembrances of his parents that he *does* have the super powers ("the farm got a lot more profitable" and "I could have told there was typhoid".)

I like how you're pointing out things that we no longer take for granted, like typhoid from contaminated food, one-room schoolhouses, and women not having the vote.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard