Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#257277 08/12/14 03:08 AM
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Wrong Place, Wrong Time, Wrong Clark TOC can be found Here

peep See, there is a method to my madness.

I haven't read anyone else's description of Lex's bedroom, so I thought I would take care of that oversight. Please let me know what you thought. Did I do Lex and his ego justice? Or was the room just a bit too comfy, cozy, and homey for Lex?

Thank you for reading.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
M
Columnist
Columnist
M
I haven't been commenting much lately because life has been busy lately, but I've been reading.

I'm glad that Lois and Clark have both gotten some idea of what the other has gone through the past few days. Lois, especially, needs more empathy and to pay some attention to what's going on with the people around her. She still seems to have no idea what she's done to Clark while she's been pursuing her wild goose chase with Luthor. She abuses him, and he just takes it because he's so obsessively in love with her. (I feel like it should bother me how obsessed he is with her, but you manage to write him that way without making him seem like a creepy stalker. Kudos.)

Shame on Jimmy for leaving out vital information. If Clark hadn't known that Lois had witnessed Lex's death, why would he have known the details? Not cool, Jimmy.

I think that Clark could still use the two days to clear his head and rest before hashing everything out with Lois. He gets boyfriend brownie points for wanting to go back, but he's basically been tortured and could really use some rest before going back for more abuse from Lois.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

furicane
Oh dear! I completely missed that one laugh

had passed and he was about to be pummeled with the brunt of the storm.
That’s why you should always attach your lips to the hurricanes…mouth.

His newly found pride flexed its muscles.
Remaining alcohol giving him liquid courage?

Jimmy might have been in jail, but hadn’t she been Luthor’s prisoner these last months?
JIMMY: Prisoner? Her? Had she had control over her daily business taken away from her? Had she been watched 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Did she have to go to the bathroom without any privacy? Did she have to fend off the unwelcome advances of disgusting creeps? Did she have to do menial jobs far below her paygrade?

Hadn’t the Voyeur kept her under constant watch and control?
She could have moved. She could have carried a gun up into Lex’s penthouse and then moved with Clark to Brazil, gone to confession there, and been wed by a nice priest. Say, this reminds me…

Didn’t her lack of freedom and privacy earn her the right for a vacation?
Funny, not 10 years later, people with such an overdeveloped need for recognition would stand in line to live in the Big Brother house. She should be happy to be a trailblazer for her people.

She just hated that it was his idea for her to stay and work, while he went to rest and recover in the sun of party town, even if that was what she would have chosen as well.
She’s wonderfully consistent, isn’t she?

She hoped he ended up with a sunburn. It would serve him right.
Would this be like with regular batteries when the contacts oxidize and corrode?

and his un-Clark-like behavior of not doing what she wanted him to do,
rotflol He’s growing a backbone, and she doesn’t like it laugh

Did he need her to hand feed him all the evidence against Luthor, dead or not?
CLARK: Being fed by Lois is a great thing!

He even accused me and the MPD of hounding the man to jump,
jawdrop They did what? Oh boy. Ari won’t be happy to hear that one.

Being tried in death was a bit like being tried in absentia, but to Lois’s thinking better tried in the press than not at all.
They could always try to revive him, could they not?
Dr. Kelley: Working on it.

revealing the charred ruins of the vault.
Huh. Wouldn’t that constitute a fire hazard?

“No!” Lois gasped, leaping forward. “I swear it wasn’t like this before.”
MARGOT!LOIS: Maybe I should really stop smoking. Or at least, flipping the buds into every corner…

I’m afraid that included all the surveillance evidence from your apartment.”
RANDY GOODE: Dagnabit! I so wanted to sell those…
SPENCER SPENCER: I already had dibs!

Lois felt torn. It was good that nobody else could watch her every move over the last four months, but she hated the destruction of any evidence against the megalomaniac.
I wonder if Lex also got rid of their sex tapes…
SPENCER SPENCER: Diiiibs!

the last three digits out of the eight. 9-9-3.”

“Sounds like a date.”
Let me guess… mm-dd-1993? The day Superman showed up? The day Lex met Lois? The day Lex decided to make a dishonest woman out of her? The day Lex realized he’d have to make an honest woman out of her first?

“Uh… Do you recall the dates of any of your…” He cleared his throat again. “Dates?”
Is he referring to the occurrences when Lois allowed Lex to score with her?

She shrugged, doubting Lex would want to immortalize the date of her refusal to sleep with him the first time he had mentioned her coming back to his penthouse for a nightcap.
He likes being challenged?

“I can supply you with a list of all the dates we went out.”
Why not just try them all? It’s just 365 combinations. Or is Henderson worried that it might be bobby-trapped. (sic)

He took a step or two back before asking in an off-hand manner, “Would any of them have a particular importance?”
rotflol Worried he’d have to have Lane arrested for assaulting a police officer?

and she was a bit offended that it hadn’t been any of their dates.
Wounded pride? See? Had she slept with him on their first outing, this could all have been avoided. She’d just have been another lay to him, not worth a second thought. Even once Superman would have shown a romantic interest, she’d just be seconds for Superman. The blue oaf would have been the joke of the bad-boys club.

She would have to look it up in last year’s calendar when she returned home.
Couldn’t she just mention the general specifics to Lex? I’m sure he’d have the details handy.

“Catch a cold?” she asked, tucking the slip of paper into her pocket, lest he accuse her of stealing evidence from a dead man’s trial.
Umm…?

“There was something else I found that I thought you might want to see.”
Oooh! Lex’s dirty home videos?
Mrs. Cox does the dishes.
Mrs. Cox does the laundry.
Mrs. Cox does the floors.
Mrs. Cox does the boss.

In one of the open desk drawers, she saw something odd: an empty Phantom of the Opera CD case.
hyper

is tone had implied her taste in such theatre was low class and he had much to teach her.
LEX: In my defense, it is. I on the other hand, only watch highly cultured productions such as opera and big brother TV shows.

Therefore, it was odd that he would have a copy of the soundtrack in his desk.
Might have thought the musical to be so beneath him, it would be a fitting insult to Superman?

She doubted the possibility of it being a discarded gag gift from some friend because Lex hadn’t seemed to have a sense of humor or friends.
Yes, he might rather have kept a souvenir from his friend. Such as a photo of Lex and the friend’s wife in bed. Or maybe the friend’s eye balls in a little box?

The man on the aisle seat shifted his position, accidentally nudging Clark’s sore shoulder and thus waking him.
Maybe he’d an airplane kidnapper?

Amazingly, he wasn’t tormented with nightmares of Luthor’s sex tape, and had been able to sleep dream free.
Maybe he should tell Lois that ever since he’d seen her have carnal relations with her fiancé, he couldn’t sleep unless she held him and stuff?

“I thought you knew,” Jimmy sputtered.
Since *everyone* knows, huh?
LOIS: Now who’s the galactically stupid one?

For Clark to have taken off after such a traumatic event, no matter if what he had experienced was worse, was a serious breach of his relationship with Lois.
So, he made a big doo-doo?

“I… uh… I…um… She’s seen worse,” Jimmy muttered with a shrug of his shoulder.
When she was at the MSRF? When she dreamed about what happened to Ralph? When she saw the burned carcass of the Daily Planet?

“I’ll be back in Metropolis on the next flight out of town,” Clark corrected.
shock

“The first thing I’m going to do is call…”
I wonder if they have enough fuel to get back to Metropolis? Maybe if Clark went to the stewardess and told her that he needed to speak to the pilot so they could discuss a change of their destination? That it was a matter of life and death?

How could he comfort her, when every touch reminded him of that video? He required some time to recover, but she needed him to be there for her.
So…really big doo-doo, then?

It had felt like molten lava, and he was the only one alive who could state that with any certainty.
[Linked Image]

But then your clothes were stolen, when you took a shower yesterday morning.
I know it’s pretty and all…but maybe you could find another home for it?

She’s got to understand that.”
Has he *met* Lois?

And she was always teasing him about his lousy excuses.
At least hers is elaborate, involves Clark in the shower, Clark naked, and Clark being dressed up as her husband.

“It’s two nights, CK,” Jimmy said, leaning his head back against his pillow. “Fifty bucks says she tells you not to come home early.”

That was what Clark was afraid of.
So…
LOIS: No, stay in Vegas for those two nights. You know what? Stay as long as you like. And before I forget, it’s not me, it’s you!

One couldn’t really call it a ‘room’ as it was the size of her entire apartment.
One needs space when one has an ego the size of a pregnant Lois Lane?

The other half was glass French doors – the hypocrite –
confused

With a second glance, she saw it went past the edge of the building to encompass a garden and, as she stepped into the room and was able to see further into the garden, saw that nestled within the shrubbery was a…

“Pool?” she sputtered. Sunken with crystal blue water.
This could all have been hers. All she had to do was say ‘I do’.

“Of all this you could’ve been mistress,” Henderson jested from behind her.
All of this, if she had been a mistress?

“Actually, I’m surprised you noticed that before your marital bed,” he added.
He got lots of confidence in his being the fastest draw this side of Suicide Slum, huh?

and consisted of a monstrous wood carving frieze of predatory animals hunting and attacking one another.
I wonder how many notches it took to carve all that…

On top of the black sheets lay a white comforter, which she had only been able to ascertain due to what draped over the edge, as a thick heart of rose petals had covered the top.
Awww…he’d their marital bed specially prepared for their wedding night! How considerate of him!

Red rose petals
LEX: I figured, freshly printed $1000 bills would have been too tacky.

He paused, looking Lois in the eye. “He figured you two would provide your own heat.”
I wonder if the room as a body disposal unit build in. And if Henderson will fit into it..

It would work better as a viewing window. Her stomach dropped.

He hadn’t dared!
Well, he’d have to provide some entertainment to his guests, no?

The shower stall with no less than six heads was also clear glass and the sunken Jacuzzi tub next to it had no way to enter or exit it without exposing oneself to the outside world in some manner.
What if Superman were to fly by while Lois was in the bathroom? What if someone built another skyscraper next to Lex’s?

True, to Luthor’s defense of this bad taste, Lex Tower was higher than any other building in Metropolis.
What about traffic helicopters? What about news helicopters?

As there had never been any reports of throw-up falling from the heavens, she knew Clark hadn’t looked.
rotflol

“One-way glass,” Henderson reassured from behind her. She had forgotten he was there. “We can see out but nobody can see in.”
Oh.

Although, she hadn’t packed it with any clothing she would miss, not expecting to ever see it again.
laugh

as if to remind Lois of whose importance the paramour had in their relationship.
peep

As she turned to see to what the second camera hoped to capture, her eyes were drawn to the rings of glowing green lights on the floor and dangling from the ceiling.
Huh. Superman’s new home? Including some memento-taking equipment?

What had Luthor done to Clark?
Maybe she should check if she finds a video labeled ‘Superman’?

Did Clark’s abilities help him block out the emotional anguish that came with this chosen profession of hero? No wonder he hadn’t wanted her to come to Vegas.
Is she actually going to be sympathetic when he comes crawling back?

So, what do you think of Lex's cozy little rooms?
A wee bit tacky, maybe…

Or was the room just a bit too comfy, cozy, and homey for Lex?
It does make me wonder if Lex might not have been a bit unstable, mentally speaking.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
mrsMxyzptlk: wave

I haven't been commenting much lately because life has been busy lately, but I've been reading.
I'm glad you're still reading. Thanks for checking in and saying 'hi'.

I'm glad that Lois and Clark have both gotten some idea of what the other has gone through the past few days. Lois, especially, needs more empathy and to pay some attention to what's going on with the people around her. She still seems to have no idea what she's done to Clark while she's been pursuing her wild goose chase with Luthor.
That's what this whole part was about. It starts out with her grumbling about Clark's attitude and ends with the realization of what he must have gone through. While she doesn't know the truth from his lips, I still wanted her to find out. It might not be whole truth or even the correct truth, it's close enough for her to figure out what he's hiding from her.

She abuses him, and he just takes it because he's so obsessively in love with her. (I feel like it should bother me how obsessed he is with her, but you manage to write him that way without making him seem like a creepy stalker. Kudos.)
Yes, it is a fine line which I know alt-Clark sometimes crosses in his obsession to keep Lois safe. One of the most endearing traits of Clark from LnC is his steadfast loyalty to Lois, no matter what she throws at him. I'm glad he's not coming across as too stalkeresque. It was one of the reasons I had him find his backbone and stand up for what HE needed.

Shame on Jimmy for leaving out vital information. If Clark hadn't known that Lois had witnessed Lex's death, why would he have known the details? Not cool, Jimmy.
Well, Clark HAD told him that he had heard about Lois witnessing Luthor's death. How was Jimmy supposed to know that Clark hadn't heard how closely she witnessed it?

I think that Clark could still use the two days to clear his head and rest before hashing everything out with Lois. He gets boyfriend brownie points for wanting to go back, but he's basically been tortured and could really use some rest before going back for more abuse from Lois.
JIMMY: party
CLARK: No, I don't think so.

Thanks for your comments.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Darth Michael: Thanks for the comments and making my inbox chime with mail. smile

Originally Posted by Michael
Originally Posted by Wrong Clark
furicane
Oh dear! I completely missed that one laugh
evil You should have seen me and my betas debating the correct spelling of this made up word.

That’s why you should always attach your lips to the hurricanes…mouth.
Yeah. That's not much of an option at the moment.

Remaining alcohol giving him liquid courage?
Another reason not to kiss Lois? No, it's been a good 6-8 hours since his last drink.

JIMMY: Prisoner? Her? Had she had control over her daily business taken away from her? Had she been watched 24 hours a day, 7 days a week? Did she have to go to the bathroom without any privacy? Did she have to fend off the unwelcome advances of disgusting creeps? Did she have to do menial jobs far below her paygrade?
LOIS: Yes. Me. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

She could have moved. She could have carried a gun up into Lex’s penthouse and then moved with Clark to Brazil, gone to confession there, and been wed by a nice priest. Say, this reminds me…
It's been a while since Clark's been to confession?

Funny, not 10 years later, people with such an overdeveloped need for recognition would stand in line to live in the Big Brother house. She should be happy to be a trailblazer for her people.
2004 LUCY: Guess what, Lois! I'm going to be on TV!

She’s wonderfully consistent, isn’t she?
In being mad? Pretty much.

Would this be like with regular batteries when the contacts oxidize and corrode?
LOIS: You were in Las Vegas, that's hundreds of miles from the ocean, Clark. So don't tell me that this white crusty stuff is salt.
CLARK: Um... maybe chlorine?

He’s growing a backbone, and she doesn’t like it
Canon Lois didn't like it much when Clark sent her for a walk with the mosquitoes either, but in the end she respected him more for standing up to her.

CLARK: Being fed by Lois is a great thing!
HENDERSON: My hand?!

Oh, sorry, I thought you said "feeding Lois". Never mind. peep

ER: /A tad surprised/ They did what? Oh boy. Ari won’t be happy to hear that one.
Hounding = sending the dogs after him until he does something stupid like jump off his balcony.

They could always try to revive him, could they not?
Dr. Kelley: Working on it.
LOIS: Nah. Let's leave dead creeps dead.

revealing the charred ruins of the vault.
Huh. Wouldn’t that constitute a fire hazard?
It was a fire safe room. No fire could get in and no fire could get out. I wanted to explain what Lex was doing at his computer before he jumped.

MARGOT!LOIS: Maybe I should really stop smoking. Or at least, flipping the buds into every corner…
TERI!LOIS: It wasn't me!
MARGOT!LOIS: What? Your Lex was sexier than my Lex.

RANDY GOODE: Dagnabit! I so wanted to sell those…
SPENCER SPENCER: I already had dibs!
Perhaps it was to erase the trail of the outgoing emails sent to these magazines.

LOIS: I haven't had sex with him.

Let me guess… mm-dd-1993? The day Superman showed up? The day Lex met Lois? The day Lex decided to make a dishonest woman out of her? The day Lex realized he’d have to make an honest woman out of her first?
All good guesses.

Is he referring to the occurrences when Lois allowed Lex to score with her?
In this line, no.

He likes being challenged?
So, it's a possibility. Maybe it was the first time Superman refused a bribe.

Why not just try them all? It’s just 365 combinations. Or is Henderson worried that it might be bobby-trapped. (sic)
That's why they wanted to take the safe to Quantico.

Worried he’d have to have Lane arrested for assaulting a police officer?
More worried about being assaulted.

Wounded pride? See? Had she slept with him on their first outing, this could all have been avoided. She’d just have been another lay to him, not worth a second thought. Even once Superman would have shown a romantic interest, she’d just be seconds for Superman. The blue oaf would have been the joke of the bad-boys club.
All true.

Couldn’t she just mention the general specifics to Lex? I’m sure he’d have the details handy.
Lex is dead.

“Catch a cold?” she asked, tucking the slip of paper into her pocket, lest he accuse her of stealing evidence from a dead man’s trial.
Umm…?
LOIS: Po-Tah-to. To-Mah-to.

Oooh! Lex’s dirty home videos?
Mrs. Cox does the dishes.
Mrs. Cox does the laundry.
Mrs. Cox does the floors.
Mrs. Cox does the boss.
LOIS: Why would I want to see that?

LEX: In my defense, it is. I on the other hand, only watch highly cultured productions such as opera and big brother TV shows.
The first year really was the only one to watch. After that, it was just knock-offs.

Might have thought the musical to be so beneath him, it would be a fitting insult to Superman?
Well, he considered Superman beneath him because of his morals, so it makes sense. wink

Yes, he might rather have kept a souvenir from his friend. Such as a photo of Lex and the friend’s wife in bed. Or maybe the friend’s eye balls in a little box?
Those are in his OTHER office.

I could go that way, but I didn't.

Maybe he should tell Lois that ever since he’d seen her have carnal relations with her fiancé, he couldn’t sleep unless she held him and stuff?
But then he'd have to tell her about the video.

Since *everyone* knows, huh?
Exactly.

LOIS: Now who’s the galactically stupid one?
CLARK: wave Actually, I just don't watch too much tv.

So, he made a big doo-doo?
If he wanted to remain Lois's whipping boy, yes.

When she was at the MSRF? When she dreamed about what happened to Ralph? When she saw the burned carcass of the Daily Planet?
JIMMY: Before you came to the DP, CK. When she was embedded with the troops in Iraq.

I wonder if they have enough fuel to get back to Metropolis? Maybe if Clark went to the stewardess and told her that he needed to speak to the pilot so they could discuss a change of their destination? That it was a matter of life and death?
You know Clark wouldn't inconvenience anyone else but himself.

So…really big doo-doo, then?
Lex sized doo-doo.

It had felt like molten lava, and he was the only one alive who could state that with any certainty.
ER: /Darth Vader begs to differ/
This is 1994. Nobody knew that about Vader then!

But then your clothes were stolen, when you took a shower yesterday morning.
I know it’s pretty and all…but maybe you could find another home for it?
Cat's lie about Clark being undressed and wet at a homeless shelter?

Has he *met* Lois?
clap lol Give him a break. He's been in jail.

At least hers is elaborate, involves Clark in the shower, Clark naked, and Clark being dressed up as her husband.
rotflol You know I didn't notice that until you spelt it out. Terrific!

So…
LOIS: No, stay in Vegas for those two nights. You know what? Stay as long as you like. And before I forget, it’s not me, it’s you!
Yep. That's what he's afraid of.

That's not nice.

The other half was glass French doors – the hypocrite –
confused
Am I the only one who remembers Lex telling Lois that their new bedroom had to sliding doors instead of French doors, because they were better?

HENDERSON: Hey! That's my line.

Originally Posted by -Micheal
“Of all this you could’ve been mistress,” Henderson jested from behind her.
All of this, if she had been a mistress?
That's an old fashioned term for missus. (i.e. it's what Elizabeth Bennet says after seeing Pemberleigh - Darcy's mansion.)

He got lots of confidence in his being the fastest draw this side of Suicide Slum, huh?
HENDERSON: The pay sucks. The hours suck. The coffee sucks. But I get to taunt Lois Lane a lot.

Thirty-five years worth?

Awww…he’d their marital bed specially prepared for their wedding night! How considerate of him!
The flowers might have been a gift from the staff.

NIGEL: lol

LEX: I figured, freshly printed $1000 bills would have been too tacky.
Red rose petals mean the same thing and are cheaper.

I wonder if the room as a body disposal unit build in. And if Henderson will fit into it..
And behind door #3!

Well, he’d have to provide some entertainment to his guests, no?
No. Only the spouses of his guests.

What if Superman were to fly by while Lois was in the bathroom?
Superman does face plant on Lex's pool deck?
What if someone built another skyscraper next to Lex’s?
LEX: Do you think that I'd allow that to happen?

What about traffic helicopters? What about news helicopters?
That's where the one-way glass comes in.

Originally Posted by Wrong Clark-ish
as if to remind Lois of whose importance the paramour had in their relationship.
peep
Now, I know that's not what I wrote.

Superman’s new home? Including some memento-taking equipment?
LEX: I'm sure Superman appreciated me leaving some nicknacks from his old home planet around the place.

Maybe she should check if she finds a video labeled ‘Superman’?
That's what she's afraid of.

Sympathy isn't allowed?

A wee bit tacky, maybe…
So, they're fitting?

It does make me wonder if Lex might not have been a bit unstable, mentally speaking.
ARI: Come to mama!

Thanks for making me smile. jump

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Thanks for the comments and making my inbox chime with mail.
smile1

You should have seen me and my betas debating the correct spelling of this made up word.
laugh Your spelling looks all right to me smile

No, it's been a good 6-8 hours since his last drink.
TV shows often portray the after effects to last that long when the protagonist got really drunk.

LOIS: Yes. Me. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.
laugh Funny how that worked ou.

It's been a while since Clark's been to confession?
Father Carlos: [Linked Image]
CAT: Ooooh! Confessions are fun. Those male priests drool
Father Carlos: help

rotflol Especially considering her reaction the first time she learned of the cameras.
LUCY: That’s different. That was just one *creep* watching me instead of an entire nation.

LOIS: You were in Las Vegas, that's hundreds of miles from the ocean, Clark. So don't tell me that this white crusty stuff is salt.
[Linked Image] From the tequila body shots he allowed the local pool fauna to do on him?

Canon Lois didn't like it much when Clark sent her for a walk with the mosquitoes either, but in the end she respected him more for standing up to her.
Well, neither did Another Lois.
CLARK: That wasn’t *me*!

HENDERSON: My hand?!

Oh, sorry, I thought you said "feeding Lois". Never mind.
laugh

Hounding = sending the dogs after him until he does something stupid like jump off his balcony.
Yes. Still won’t make Ari any happier.

I wanted to explain what Lex was doing at his computer before he jumped.
[Linked Image]

TERI!LOIS: It wasn't me!
MARGOT!LOIS: What? Your Lex was sexier than my Lex.
laugh

Perhaps it was to erase the trail of the outgoing emails sent to these magazines.
So he still had a chance of scoring with his wife?

Quote:
SPENCER SPENCER: My, she sure looks a lot like you, honey. How about you do a strip for me and hop onto the cart and be my love slave for the night?
LOIS: How about I use that pair of nail clippers and start removing body parts from you? Starting with the not completely vital ones?

Quote:
Worried he’d have to have Lane arrested for assaulting a police officer?
More worried about being assaulted.
laugh

Quote:
Lex is dead.
Oops, that should have read ‘Bill’.
STAR: I could help. Would need to charge extra for the long distance, but I could help…

Because it’s fun to watch the hired help do the less exciting work?
LEX: [Linked Image]
LOIS: Yes, I was always under the impression that he was…less of a man.

Quote:
The first year really was the only one to watch. After that, it was just knock-offs.
Big Brother or the one with Lois staring at the House?

Quote:
I could go that way, but I didn't.
Conserving parts?

CLARK: <happily admits to being better than Lois> Actually, I just don't watch too much tv.
laugh

This is 1994. Nobody knew that about Vader then!
Are you sure? I thought the lava-bit was explained possibly even in the original novelization… Might have been molten steel, though huh

Cat's lie about Clark being undressed and wet at a homeless shelter?
Drat. I wanted to prefix this with “Phil” referring to her bringing home a pet from the shelter.

You know I didn't notice that until you spelt it out. Terrific!
smile1

Quote:
That's not nice.
[Linked Image] True. I did notice that you refrained from denying it, though.
Part-183-LOIS: I’m not fat, am I? That button was never meant to be closed.

Am I the only one who remembers Lex telling Lois that their new bedroom had to sliding doors instead of French doors, because they were better?
[Linked Image]

Quote:
HENDERSON: Hey! That's my line.
Oops?

That's an old fashioned term for missus. (i.e. it's what Elizabeth Bennet says after seeing Pemberleigh - Darcy's mansion.)
I know. Ever since C-3PO starting calling Leia his mistress.
CLARK: Lois, you can be my mistress, too, if you want.
LOIS: [Linked Image]

HENDERSON: The pay sucks. The hours suck. The coffee sucks. But I get to taunt Lois Lane a lot.
rotflol

Quote:
Thirty-five years worth?
So…that’s seven days a week, twice on a Sunday Roughly 11,000.

Red rose petals mean the same thing and are cheaper.
LOIS: So…let me get this straight. My husband-to-be was an old miser?

Superman does face plant on Lex's pool deck?
laugh

LEX: Do you think that I'd allow that to happen?
BILL CHURCH: wave

Now, I know that's not what I wrote.
[Linked Image]

Quote:
Sympathy isn't allowed?
/points at Lois’s employment contract/ She doesn’t do sympathetic. That’s why Perry had to hire a Clark.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally Posted by Darth Michael
EW: You should have seen me and my betas debating the correct spelling of this made up word.
ER: Your spelling looks all right to me smile
I have good betas. smile1

TV shows often portray the after effects to last that long when the protagonist got really drunk.
I've never really enjoyed hanging out with drunk people. Plus, Clark is part Kryptonian so he recovers quickly. wink

EW: It's been a while since Clark's been to confession?
Father Carlos: /agrees/
CAT: Ooooh! Confessions are fun. Those male priests /drool-worthy/
Father Carlos: /help/
Actually, I believe Catholic priests only allow Catholics to use confessionals. Or maybe it's just a lie to get people to convert.

ER: Especially considering her reaction the first time she learned of the cameras.
LUCY: That’s different. That was just one *creep* watching me instead of an entire nation.
Luthor wasn't paying her to watch.

ER: /hmmm/ From the tequila body shots he allowed the local pool fauna to do on him?
CLARK: That's not at all what happened.
JIMMY: No, that was me.

EW: Canon Lois didn't like it much when Clark sent her for a walk with the mosquitoes either, but in the end she respected him more for standing up to her.
ER: Well, neither did Another Lois.
CLARK: That wasn’t *me*!
CAT: wave

EW: Hounding = sending the dogs after him until he does something stupid like jump off his balcony.
ER: Yes. Still won’t make Ari any happier.
Hmmmm. Right. Ari. /adds her name to my dangling threads list/ Thanks.

EW: I wanted to explain what Lex was doing at his computer before he jumped.
ER: /suggests he was deleting his downloaded porn/
Movies of Lois's home / porn. Potato / Tomato.
LOIS: Hey!

EW: Perhaps it was to erase the trail of the outgoing emails sent to these magazines.
ER: So he still had a chance of scoring with his wife?
ARI: huh I don't understand. He always scores with me on our anniversary.

SPENCER SPENCER: My, she sure looks a lot like you, honey. How about you do a strip for me and hop onto the cart and be my love slave for the night?
LOIS: How about I use that pair of nail clippers and start removing body parts from you? Starting with the not completely vital ones?
clap I doubt he has much left which still functions, besides his head.
LOIS: Totally not viable.

ER: Couldn’t she just mention the general specifics to Lex? I’m sure he’d have the details handy.
EW: Lex is dead.
ER: Oops, that should have read ‘Bill’.
STAR: I could help. Would need to charge extra for the long distance, but I could help…
Because Lois is always so forthcoming to the police?
HENDERSON: rotflol Good one.

ER: Because it’s fun to watch the hired help do the less exciting work?
LEX: /thinks so/
LOIS: Yes, I was always under the impression that he was…less of a man.
Lois is more of action sort of woman, than a voyeur. Instead of watching she'd want to...
LEX: Sold!
LOIS: Not with you.
LEX: But... but... I've already paid.

EW: The first year really was the only one to watch. After that, it was just knock-offs.
ER: Big Brother or the one with Lois staring at the House?
Lois staring at the house? huh No, big brother.

ER: Maybe he’d an airplane kidnapper?
EW: I could go that way, but I didn't.
ER: Conserving parts?
lol Good One. No, I think it's too late for that. No, I thought I'd try getting the plot back on track.

EW: This is 1994. Nobody knew that about Vader then!
ER: Are you sure? I thought the lava-bit was explained possibly even in the original novelization… Might have been molten steel, though /huh/
Possibly, but who can remember back to then. That also assumes that this was public and general knowledge, not book knowledge coveted by a select few (million).

EW: Cat's lie about Clark being undressed and wet at a homeless shelter?
ER: Drat. I wanted to prefix this with “Phil” referring to her bringing home a pet from the shelter.
Don't they have enough on their plate at the moment to adopt a pet?
CAT: /pouting/ But he's the last of his kind.

ER: One needs space when one has an ego the size of a pregnant Lois Lane?
EW: That's not nice.
ER: True. I did notice that you refrained from denying it, though.
That's NOT a quote!
LOIS: I'm fat? When did that happen?

EW: Am I the only one who remembers Lex telling Lois that their new bedroom had to sliding doors instead of French doors, because they were better?
ER: /yes/
That's what my Betas said too. Then again, most people must block out that domesticated bliss scene between Lois and Lex from HoL, where he knocks down all her ideas, refuses to talk business in front of her, and let's his secretary keep information from her.

I know. Ever since C-3PO starting calling Leia his mistress.
CLARK: Lois, you can be my mistress, too, if you want.
LOIS: /doesn't like the term/
CLARK: /glances down at his gold costume/ So, if I dressed up like Han Solo would you say yes?

EW: I wonder how many notches it took to carve all that…
Thirty-five years worth?
ER: So…that’s seven days a week, twice on a Sunday Roughly 11,000.
LEX: I carve wood in my spare time. Everyone needs a hobby and it's mine.

LOIS: So…let me get this straight. My husband-to-be was an old miser?
How do you think the rich stay rich? By throwing $100 bills into the fire?

ER: Is she actually going to be sympathetic when he comes crawling back?
EW: Sympathy isn't allowed?
ER: /points at Lois’s employment contract/ She doesn’t do sympathetic. That’s why Perry had to hire a Clark.
CLARK: But we're not talking articles and fluff pieces. We're talking RL.
LOIS: Potato / Tomato.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

Actually, I believe Catholic priests only allow Catholics to use confessionals. Or maybe it's just a lie to get people to convert.
Next you’re saying politicians lie, too! thud
wink

Luthor wasn't paying her to watch.
Now isn’t she the materialistic little… I think there’s a job title for women who get paid to let other people film them as they perform sexual acts.
LUCY: Spring Breaker?

Hmmmm. Right. Ari. /adds her name to my dangling threads list/ Thanks.
Oh dear. Does that mean the investigation section won’t be over by 192?

Movies of Lois's home / porn. Potato / Tomato.
LOIS: Hey!
Well…considering Lois never…entertained while she was on camera…
DIRT DIGGER: She was naked in the shower touching herself while it was all recorded for posterity, right?
ER: Well…
DIRT DIGGER: Porn.

Lois is more of action sort of woman, than a voyeur. Instead of watching she'd want to...
Maybe he could get a refund? Or trade her in for a younger model?

Lois staring at the house? huh No, big brother.
Well, first it was Lois starring. Later it was just cheap knockoffs playing Lois on the show.

That also assumes that this was public and general knowledge, not book knowledge coveted by a select few (million).
laugh

That's NOT a quote!
LOIS: I'm fat? When did that happen?
clap

Then again, most people must block out that domesticated bliss scene between Lois and Lex from HoL, where he knocks down all her ideas, refuses to talk business in front of her, and let's his secretary keep information from her.
But I do remember that he likes his home to have a certain Ptolomeyan chique.

CLARK: /glances down at his gold costume/ So, if I dressed up like Han Solo would you say yes?
clap And he’d like Lois to repurpose her harem’s outfit?

How do you think the rich stay rich? By throwing $100 bills into the fire?
He did fire-insure them for 150 a piece.

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EW: Actually, I believe Catholic priests only allow Catholics to use confessionals. Or maybe it's just a lie to get people to convert.
ER: Next you’re saying politicians lie, too! /stunned/
No! Never! They wouldn't dare. They all talk like Clark. They say one thing while meaning another.

Now isn’t she the materialistic little… I think there’s a job title for women who get paid to let other people film them as they perform sexual acts.
That's sick. And how does that make those women porn stars?

Oh dear. Does that mean the investigation section won’t be over by 192?
No, my final part too longer than anticipated, so it ends with Part 193. On the plus side, you get a couple of extra Lois and Clark scenes. I mean, if you like that sort of thing.

Well…considering Lois never…entertained while she was on camera…
DIRT DIGGER: She was naked in the shower touching herself while it was all recorded for posterity, right?
ER: Well…
DIRT DIGGER: Porn.
LOIS: I was washing myself! And those videos were taking without my consent.
DIRT DIGGER: Since you knew about them and didn't object, consent was implied.
LOIS: /shows Randy Goode how the phrase 'implied consent' makes a woman feel/
GOODE: [Linked Image]

ER: Maybe he could get a refund? Or trade her in for a younger model?
LOIS: Any younger and she'd be...
LUCY: wave
LOIS: Right. Underage.

ER: And he’d like Lois to repurpose her harem’s outfit?
CLARK: I wouldn't say 'no' to that.
HERB: But... but... but the curse!
CLARK: /rolls eyes/ He's never seen RotJ.

I don't think you're allowed to insure something for more than its value.
LEX: They were collectors' items because I had personally touched them.

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

No! Never! They wouldn't dare. They all talk like Clark. They say one thing while meaning another.
But doesn’t that require intelligence and the ability to reason?
LOIS: Your point being…?
CLARK: help

That's sick.
What? Isn’t it a common trope that…things…happen on spring break and get recorded for posterity and financial gain of creative entrepreneurs?

And how does that make those women porn stars?
I didn’t say that. Although it *is* the common definition.

I mean, if you like that sort of thing.
[Linked Image]

LOIS: /shows Randy Goode how the phrase 'implied consent' makes a woman feel/
GOODE: <requests transplant of male reproductive organs>
evil

LUCY: <is still in college>
LEX: I believe the former Italian prime minister just got away with that one…

Because it would be worth it or because there wouldn’t be any consummation.
LOIS: Because I’d be wasting Tempus first.

Quote:
I don't think you're allowed to insure something for more than its value.
LEX: They were collectors' items because I had personally touched them.
clap Plus, they are all unique pieces.
Check out here: http://cdn.zocoi.com/188/05.jpg (Panels 3 and 4)

wave Michael

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
EW: No! Never! They wouldn't dare. They all talk like Clark. They say one thing while meaning another.
ER: But doesn’t that require intelligence and the ability to reason?
LOIS: Your point being…?
CLARK: /misses Sue S. and Female Hawk, neither of whom write him as a lunkhead/
EW: [Linked Image]

EW: That's sick.
ER: What? Isn’t it a common trope that…things…happen on spring break and get recorded for posterity and financial gain of creative entrepreneurs?
Funny thing. Guess which man who man millions asking girls to go wild just had a daughter? Wonder what kind of advice he'll have for her when she wants to go away for Spring Break? I love Kharma.

LUCY: <is still in college>
LEX: I believe the former Italian prime minister just got away with that one…
LOIS: This is America and that's frowned upon here.

ER: Because it would be worth it or because there wouldn’t be any consummation.
LOIS: Because I’d be wasting Tempus first.
CLARK: Of course it would be work the risk. huh Or do you mean that seeing Lois dressed like Princess Leia in the slave girl costume will give me a heart attack? Is that why we wouldn't consummate?

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner

CLARK: /misses Sue S. and Female Hawk, neither of whom write him as a lunkhead/
EW: <not sure about writing a Clark who as a single-minded obsession with Lois>
There there. Your Clark is great fun, too. Even if he scores less than a Lex does with Lois.

Funny thing. Guess which man who man millions asking girls to go wild just had a daughter? Wonder what kind of advice he'll have for her when she wants to go away for Spring Break? I love Kharma.
rotflol

CLARK: Of course it would be work the risk. huh Or do you mean that seeing Lois dressed like Princess Leia in the slave girl costume will give me a heart attack? Is that why we wouldn't consummate?
clap

wave Michael

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard