Honeymoon in Metropolis – Matchmaker Style

This is a sequel to PML - Matchmaker Style

Rated PG-13

Disclaimers: The characters in this story are property of DC, December 3rd productions and Warner Bros. No Copyright infringement is intended. I have just borrowed the characters for a short time.

Lois and Clark now live in Clark's ‘old' apartment.

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Previously:

The feeling of buoyancy that Lois had from the water came close to the feeling of being in his arms and floating or flying and the warm cocoon that the water provided was relaxing and very sensual. Lois felt Clark's hands on her hips guiding her movements and she was grateful for it because the buoyancy of the water was actually keeping her from experiencing this joining to the full. With him steadying her and guiding her movements she was able to enjoy what they were doing. He seemed to know just how to move her to maximize the sensations. While they were joined at least part of her torso was above the water at all times and her breasts were bobbing and swaying enticingly in front of Clark's face so he would occasionally lean out and take one or the other nipple in his mouth and nip it gently with his teeth.

The feel of what they were doing and what he was doing to her breasts was driving her crazy and the tension was rapidly building in her body. She could feel the muscles in her lower back start to clinch rhythmically and she started groaning his name.

While she was still shivering, and not the room temperature, Clark wrapped his arms around her and pulled her firmly into his chest and her head fell to his shoulder while her arms went around his neck. After some seconds, she turned her face to the side and kissed the side of his neck where it joined his shoulder.

Feeling loath to break their contact, Lois released a contented sigh and wiggled her hips to let him know that she was happy. She kissed the side of his neck again and then said, "Hmmmmmm, you are one fantastic lover. I'm glad I have you under exclusive contract. I can just imagine if the word got out about just how wonderful a lover Superman is. I'd be beating the women off with a stick."

"No chance of that happening because I can't imagine this being as good with anyone else. With anyone else it would simply be sex. With you, it's making love. I love you so much."

Lois gave another contented sigh, wiggled her hips again and said, "You know I love you just as much," and sealed her statement with a sensual kiss as she wiggled her hips once again.

Releasing her arms from around his neck she leaned back so that she was floating on the surface although below the surface, they were still joined. She sighed and said, "This is the life. Time alone with my husband and not a care in the world. No more Trask. Now that STAR Labs has formulated an antidote to Miranda's Witches' brew spray it is no longer a threat."

Clark felt constrained to bring up another topic, "Then there's Luthor."

That one word completely ruined the mood. Lois finally separated her body from his and moved to the opposite end of the spa. She shivered slightly realizing that the water had started to cool. While they had been joined his aura had protected her from that, but now that they were separate she could feel it. She said, "Clark, the water is cooling off. Could you …" She held her hand up and making a ‘V' with two fingers near her eyes gave him the signal.

Nodding he gave the water a couple of blasts of his heat vision.

Lois looked at him accusingly and asked, "Why did you have to bring him up?"

"We still need to talk about him. There are some things you need to know."

"Okay, but does it have to be on our honeymoon? We're here to relax and enjoy ourselves." Looking out through the window she said, "Just look at that view! I know it isn't like when you take me flying, but …"

Derailing her train of thought a light suddenly went on in an office across from them. The lights were in the top floor offices in the building directly across the way. While she watched, three men entered the reception area and then moved through to the inner office. Lois noted that one of the men was tall and slim, wearing a business suit. In startled recognition, Lois asked, "Isn't that Congressman Ian Harrington?"

Her question drew Clark's attention to the office across the way and he zoomed in with his telescopic vision. He said, "I think you're right. What's he doing in that office?"

Looking at the second man she decided that she didn't recognize him, but she noted that he was short and stocky, wearing black slacks and a black turtleneck. The third man was huge, wearing muscle pants, a t-shirt and Clark could see, with his x-ray vision that he had a stiletto hanging handle down in a shoulder holster.

Lois was looking on in rapt attention and realized just what Clark was doing and felt that she needed to level the playing field, somewhat. Without looking away she asked, "Clark, could you get my bag? I have binoculars and a camera in it."

Less than a second later and also without so much as a ripple in the water, he placed her bag within reach.

Just as Lois was bringing her binoculars to her eyes, Congressman Harrington opened his briefcase and pulling out a large sealed envelope handed it to the stocky man. By implication, the third man was simply ‘muscle'.

In exchange, the stocky man handed Harrington and smaller, although thicker envelope. When Harrington opened his envelope both Lois and Clark got a glimpse of green. Lois quickly grabbed her camera and started snapping pictures. The contents of the other envelope was not readily apparent from their angle.

As they watched the stocky man moved to the wall and pointed to a date on a wall calendar. When he did, Harrington started arguing with him. The stocky guy got right up in Harrington's face and a few seconds later tapped the date again. This time Harrington appeared to acquiesce.

Lois and Clark looked at each other, a question in each of their faces, "I wonder what that was all about."

As they turned back the lights in the office went out

And Now:

Chapter 2

Clark was on the sofa in the sitting room of the Honeymoon Suite when he picked up the phone to make a call.

Jimmy was in his apartment when the call came in, "Jimmy Olsen."

"Jimmy, you busy?"

"Hey, CK, what'ch'a need?"

"Jimmy, I have a roll of film I need developed and printed for Monday. Can you come by the Lexor and pick it up?"

To say the very least Jimmy was surprised at this request wondering just what the pictures could be of and then it hit him, <There're on their honeymoon. Could they be pictures of … them?> "Uh, CK, are you sure you shouldn't be using a Polaroid for those kind of pictures? That way they don't go to a lab where they can be copied."

Clark was mystified and it was in his voice as he said, "Huh? A Polaroid? What are you talking about?"

With a snicker, Jimmy said, "Pictures of you and Lois … you wouldn't want them shown around, would you?"

"Jimmy! These aren't those kind of pictures! Look, you'll see when you develop them. Please come pick up the film and develop it. It could be a lead to a big story."

"Oh, so you guys are really undercover! This wasn't just a honeymoon after all! I knew it, you couldn't fool me. Hahahaha, okay, I'll be there in a little while."

Dryly, Clark replied, "Thanks, Jimmy. See you soon."

Clark hung up the phone and turning to Lois said, "Now … where were we?"

She leaned in and started a kiss which quickly escalated in intensity. Without even breaking contact, Clark floated them up, over the sofa and into the bedroom, closing the door behind them as they passed through.

Half an hour later, Jimmy was knocking on the door to the Honeymoon Suite in the Lexor. After a minute, Clark finally answered the door. He was wearing a terrycloth robe with the Lexor logo on the breast pocket. Jimmy stepped in and through the open door to the bedroom saw Lois similarly clad, the short robe displaying her legs. Lois quickly disappeared behind the door and said, "Hi Jimmy," as she closed it.

"Uh, hi Lois," he said to the closed door.

Moving to the side table, Clark picked up a roll of film and handed it to Jimmy. "Here you go. I hate to ask you to work on the weekend, but we will need these first thing Monday."

"What's goin' on, CK? What should I be on the lookout for?"

"Purely by accident we saw what could be a bribe being exchanged for information."

Jimmy was awed, "Wow, how is it that you guys keep just … falling into these kind of stories?"

"Just lucky, I guess."

"Who is it?"

"Congressman Ian Harrington. We don't know who the other guy is. If you recognized him it would be a help."

"What size do you want?"

"At least 8x10. We need to see detail."

"You got it, CK. Hey, I hope the rest of your honeymoon is uneventful."

With a nod and a rueful expression, Clark agreed, "So do I Jimmy. So do I."

On Monday morning a very buoyant and bouncy Lois entered the bullpen hanging on Clark's arm, bag over her shoulder and a travel mug of coffee in her free hand. The crowd in the bullpen didn't know it, but the flush in her cheeks was from the make-out session that she and Clark had had in the elevator on the way up from the garage.

Jimmy was at her desk waiting for them and the pictures he was holding had attracted the attention of Perry and Cat.

Cat walked over and asked, "What's all of this?"

Jimmy replied, "Over the weekend CK called and asked me to pick up a roll of film to develop …"

Cat interrupted and asked, "Pictures of the two of them in the Honeymoon Suite? Are any of them ‘X' rated?"

Lois overheard that comment and said, sardonically, "Sorry to disappoint you. We don't need to take pictures like that." She gave a hearty sigh, "The memories are more vivid than any picture could be."

Cat started fanning herself as she quipped, "Did the temperature in here just go up by ten degrees?"

Lois laughed and asked, "How did they turn out, Jimmy?"

Jimmy held up some prints and said, "I think you got some good exposures. That automatic camera did a decent job."

In the top shot Congressman Harrington was front and center and the envelope he was handing over was clearly stamped "TOP SECRET" "FOUO"

Looking over Lois' shoulder, Cat thought she recognized the subject. She pointed and asked, "Isn't that …"

Lois finished for her, "Yeah, Congressman Ian Harrington."

Clark added, "Chairman of the House Defense Committee."

Cat added, "And the most notoriously sexy man in Washington."

Lois quipped, "Unsubstantiated rumors."

Cat sighed and said, "The best kind."

In the next shot they could all see the contents of the envelope that Harrington had received … "Cash," she said.

Perry pointed at the stocky man and asked, "What about that joker?"

Jimmy replied, "Already on it, Chief. I scanned in the picture and I'm running our Identafile program against it, looking for a match."

After pulling out her notepad, Lois said, "Clark and I did some checking. At this point we know that those offices were leased to a company called,” she consulted her notes, “a company called ‘Apocalypse Consulting.’” Lois looked at Clark before she continued, "Chief, we were thinking …"

Perry looked at her with a look that said, ‘This is a typical Lois ploy.', "Let me take a wild guess. You want the Daily Planet to put you up in the Honeymoon Suite until we can figure out exactly what's going on in Apocalypse Consulting."

Lois jumped on this and eagerly said, "Thanks, Chief!"

Perry temporized, "Now, hold on a minute. What we're talking about here could be a major surveillance operation."

"Right! This is a major investigation! A Washington VIP selling highly classified information. Clark and I found it! It's ours." Lois' tone brooked no denial of their possession of the story.

Perry was thoughtful and then he said, "Maybe we should check this out. I think I should contact my source, the source … just to see if there's really something to this … before we get in too deep."

Jimmy took Perry's meaning. Aghast he said, "You don't mean …"

Perry put a finger to his lips to shush him and then in a tone smacking of mystery, said, "Don't even say that name out loud."

Clark hadn't been around long enough to know what was being spoken of and asked, "Who?"

Perry shushed him and then said, "Okay, you guys have got three nights. Now, look, this time you are on the Planet's dime. I expect you and Clark to do the job you are going there to do. Look at it this way, if you weren't already married, I'd be sending the two of you anyhow. You will need to spell each other on the surveillance. It's the perfect cover. They wouldn't let us use that suite if we told them it was for a stakeout. Just keep a low profile."

They spent the rest of the morning making the reservation and other arrangements. Then after lunch they went home to pack.

Before going to the Lexor to sign in they stopped at the Planet and raided the equipment locker to get the surveillance equipment.

When they arrived at check-in the hour was different from Friday so there was a different staff on duty. It wasn't any problem playing the happy newlyweds. Lois was hanging on Clark's arm the entire time as he handed the clerk the reservation confirmation.

The desk clerk checked his screen and said, "Ah, yes. Mr. and Mrs. Kent, I have you in the Honeymoon Suite." He hit the bell and shouted, "Front!"

A very eager bellboy appeared at Clark's elbow, leered at Lois and picked up the bags. Or at least he attempted to pick up the bags. He shouted, "Hey, Frank!"

"Yeah, Phil."

"Bring a cart over here will ya? These bags feel like they are full of lead."

Frank grabbed a cart and between them he and Phil loaded the bags. As they did, Phil asked, "What is really in here?"

Lois came up with the cover story, "Actually, they are weights. Clark likes to work out."

"We have an in-house gym. He didn't need to bring his own."

Glibly, Lois replied, "You know how it is. You like to use your own stuff."

Phil just shook his head ruefully as he pushed the cart onto the elevator.

When they arrived on the floor, Phil pushed the cart over near the door and then opened it with the key. Standing back, he handed the card key to Clark and then grabbed a videocam from the cart and stepped into the center of the sitting room. The impression that Clark had was that he leered at all of the pretty women that he helped. He was just glad that Lois wasn't here by herself. Once he was positioned he shouted, "Action," as if he were the director of a high budget movie.

Taking this cue, Clark looked at Lois and shrugging reached for her. Even though they had done this just a few days before, Clark leaned down and placed one arm under her legs and the other across her back and lifted her up to carry her across the threshold. He struggled to not make it look too easy and Phil shouted encouragement, "That's it. Hoist 'er up, big fella. Smile. Great. Hold on. She can't be that heavy."

Lois had her arms around his neck and was ‘helping' by nuzzling his neck and giggling like a schoolgirl.

As Clark set Lois back on her feet she very aggressively advanced on Phil and said, "Okay, Phil. How much?"

Holding the camera behind his back, Phil said, "This is for the hotel's files."

With her hands fisted and on her hips, Lois took a threatening stance and said, "Oh, yeah? That's not my understanding. Hand it over." Thrusting out her hand palm up she motioned for him to give her the tape. Looking over her shoulder and indicated Clark she said, "You have to get past both of us to get out of here. Hand it over."

There was a quaver in his voice as he said, "You've got no right."

Lois gave him an intimidating look.

Phil paled and fumbled with the camera. Finally he extracted the tape and handed it to Lois.

Lois said, "I don't know what scam you are trying to pull, but I don't like it. I happen to know that the hotel policy is to take still photographs. What am I going to find when I look at this?"

"Well … not every couple that checks into the Honeymoon Suite is actually married … or if they are it's not to each other."

Lois nodded her understanding and said, "Just as I thought. We happen to be happily married, to each other. That's not the issue. You're talking about blackmail. Get out of here before I call Henderson at MPD and have him pick you up."

Phil had already been pale, but now he went white as a sheet. He gasped out, "You're friends with the cops?"

Lois smiled an intimidating smile, "Yeah. I talk to Detective Lieutenant Henderson so much I have his number memorized and we are on a first name basis. I'd suggest you stop your little scam, right now."

He stuttered, "Y … ye … yeah. Okay. I won't do it anymore."

"See to it that you don't. Now get out of here and don't let me see you again."

Phil exited so fast he forgot to ask for a tip. Clark closed the door behind him and turning to Lois said, "Very impressive. How did you figure out that he was running a scam?"

"When we were here a few days ago, the bellboy used a still camera. I didn't like the way Phil was looking at me and I thought he was a little ‘twitchy' so I went with my gut."

"Well, I've got to hand it to you. That was some impressive investigating." He gave her one of his patented multi-megawatt smiles and finished, "That's my girl."

Clark wheeled the cart into their bedroom to unload the luggage.

A few minutes later there was a knock on the door. Lois stopped what she was doing and said, in exasperation, "That had better not be Phil coming back."

Clark eased his glasses down his nose and said, "No, it's … Jimmy."

"What's he doing here?"

"Let's let him in and find out."

Clark opened the door and Jimmy stepped in. He was carrying a small duffle bag.

Jimmy’s previous visit to the Honeymoon Suite had been extremely brief so this time he took some time and looked around at the suite's pastel-tinted opulence and whistled before turning back to Lois and Clark. "Hey, guys, I thought of some more equipment that you would need so I figured I'd bring it over to you.

Looking back and forth between Lois and Clark, Jimmy asked, "I wasn't at the wedding, so, can I kiss the bride? No tongue. Scout's honor."

From the side, Lois nailed him with one of the throw pillows from the sofa.

Jimmy smiled and said, "Guess not."

Lois returned his smile and said, "The only one that gets even close to this mouth from now on is my husband and the next person that cracks a newlywed joke gets fitted for a body cast."

Suddenly they heard "Ooh, count me in," as Cat came through the door and then closed it behind herself. Cat was wearing a floor length turquoise gown that clung to her curves the same way that Clark’s Suit fit him as Superman. It had a deep cut 'V' neckline and was slit up the left front to a point just below the hip and her long leg showed as she moved.

Clark dropped onto the sofa and put both arms along the back I a relaxed posture.

Lois was beside herself. She had been looking forward to time with Clark in these opulent digs while they performed the stakeout and the Honeymoon suite was turning into Grand Central Station. "What are you doing here? We're supposed to be undercover."

Nonchalantly, Cat replied, "I was at a reception downstairs. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello to the newlyweds."

Looking at Jimmy accusingly, Lois asked, "What about you?"

Nodding his head in Clark’s direction, he said, "Well, like I was telling Clark, I thought of some more gear you should have."

While Lois was talking to Jimmy, Cat moved to a wall panel of switches. Ignoring all that was going on around her, she pushed a button and a hidden wet bar rotated out of its concealed position and into the sitting room.

The noise of the bar deploying attracted Lois' attention, giving a Jimmy a break.

Cat was humming to herself as she sauntered over to the bar and extracted a bottle of sparkling water from the small bar fridge. She picked up a glass and approached the cupid statue on the corner. She pinched his cheek while she held the glass up. In response ice came tumbling out of the urn he was holding into her glass. She opened the bottle and poured the contents over the ice.

Lois was watching this display with an open mouth. She just couldn't believe what she was seeing. She continued to follow Cat with her eyes as she came out from behind the bar, crossed the room and plopped down in a chair that looked like it could be a recliner. She pushed a hidden button and the chair started to rock and vibrate. Sitting her glass on a handy table she clapped her hands twice and romantic music started playing from hidden speakers. She picked up her drink and relaxed back into the chair.

Lois, Clark and Jimmy were staring in open mouthed disbelief at this display.

Snapping out of her reverie, Lois quipped, "Why do I get the feeling that you've been here before?"

Cat looked around, shrugged, said, "This old place?" She flipped back the cloth covering the side table and revealed her name, ‘Cat', etched into the surface. Nonchalantly, Cat replaced the cloth and said, "It's kind of a home away from home."

There was a knock on the door and then a hotel maid stuck her head in and looking in got a disapproving look as she saw the crowd in the room when she was expecting just one couple. In a thick Swedish accent, she asked, "Extra towels, yah?"

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 08/08/14 11:55 AM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj