Next Thread
Print Thread
#257140 08/08/14 07:45 AM
C
Top Banana
OP Offline
Top Banana
C
I was just going to say "enjoyed this little universe and move on, figuring there wasn't anything universe-shattering until the end.

The man smiled and waved as he departed. “I'll be sure to tell Lara you're coming,” he called out. “She makes a mean pot-roast!”

If Wells knows anything about Clark's own backstory with regards to Krypton I can imagine him stopping with his foot half in the air with "Lara."

Wells: His PARENTS left Krypton with him instead of staying behind?? Who is this little girl? Lana or Lois or someone else altogether?

I'm guessing the little girl is Lois somehow. Don't know the specifics, though.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
Cute twist! When you said the Kents had adopted a girl, at first I thought Kal-El was female in this universe, but I'm guessing he’s with his parents? You could write a whole story about how Jor-El, Lara, and Kal-El managed to create Earth identities for themselves and settle in Smallville. Perhaps the Kents helped them?

I wonder who the Kents’ little girl is too. No guesses here.

BJ Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
Lovely short. Nice exploration of a Jor-El trying to adapt to earth life.

Me? I think the Kents adopted a foundling child that arrived on their doorstep with the name of Zara pinned to her little blue blanket...

I'd love to see it continued, if you are so inclined.

B

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nice twist. Totally unexpected. Wells sure knows where to step out on the farm to hit the manure. So, did Clark come with the El's to Smallville? Whom did the Kents adopt? What will the El's think about Clark Kent (i.e. Kal-El) from another dimension marrying a human instead of Zara (if that's whom the Kents adopted)? I was wondering if perhaps in this dimension a whole group of farmers accidentally got zapped during lightning storm, making all of Smallville super powered.

Fun concept. smile

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Very different! Bravo!

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Thanks, guys! smile

I've been toying with an idea for a sequel, but I'm not sure when It'll actually get done. I'm glad you liked, though. smile

~•~
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Ooooh! Another Queenie clap
there was no telling what nasty little surprises might be left by the odd twists and turns taken by a universe's given history.
Giant, flesheating flies?

Luckily, that world's Superman and recently-returned Lois Lane were able to set it on course for a brighter future.
ALT-World: wave

Of course, this was Smallville, so the chances of stumbling into a landmine or a fifty-foot monster or a homicidal maniac here were...actually, not as low as he should like, now that he thought about it,
clap

“No, Sir,” the man replied. “You must be looking for my neighbor; he lives just down the road.”
Huh. Got raised by the Irigs?

The man grinned and shrugged. “Oh, I am just a humble farmer,” he began, tugging the straps of his overalls as if they were proof.
Not a reporter? Oh boy. Lois is not going to like that one bit. Then again, when the feds show up with an EPA warrant, Lois might get to meet the pig farmer.

“Really?!” the man exclaimed, carefully looking over the vehicle. He seemed genuinely impressed, with no trace of the confusion or disbelief Herb might have expected to see on his features.
Oh no! This Clark has had to contend with lack of oxygen when he traveled during his formative years help

“It uses a kind of perpetual motion to build up the necessary energy, correct? But how do you compensate for the paradoxes surrounding the---er....I mean...Well boy howdy! What will folks think up next?”
jawdrop rotflol That’s not a Eureka crossover, is it?

and the little girl they just adopted.”
/scratches head/ That would normally be a Lois. But Clark’s too old, so… huh

The man sucked in a breath through his teeth. He glanced around again, then lowered his voice. “My expertise is in engineering and astrophysics, not biology,” he said.
And he tried and tried with Lana to figure it out?
LANA (to the audience): Female birth control, just what the doctor prescribed.

The man smiled and waved as he departed. “I'll be sure to tell Lara you're coming,” he called out. “She makes a mean pot-roast!”
eek He’s…he’s…and the little girl…she’s…she’s… I wonder what Herb will say when he meets little Kalvin El in the playpen.

Another fun setup, Mary!

hyper Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard