Honeymoon in Metropolis – Matchmaker Style 1/10

When Virginia proposed the challenge of taking a first season story and having it result in Lois and Clark being married I took up the challenge and “The Green, Green Glow of Home – Matchmaker Style” was the result.

That was all well and good, but then I started thinking - What about future episodes? How would the fact that they are now married affect the dynamic? For instance, how would “Pheromone My Lovely” be changed by the marriage? We saw the results of that in the last story. How would it affect “Honeymoon in Metropolis”?

So, to answer this question I offer the following.

Reminder - Lois and Clark were married during the events of GGGOH and have gone through PML. They have never really had a honeymoon. Maybe now is their chance.

Honeymoon in Metropolis – Matchmaker Style

This is a sequel to PML - Matchmaker Style

Rated PG-13

Disclaimers: The characters in this story are property of DC, December 3rd productions and Warner Bros. No Copyright infringement is intended. I have just borrowed the characters for a short time.

My thanks go out to my betas – Artemis and Ray for their help.
In this, the sequel to PML - Matchmaker Style. Lois and Clark have been back from the assignment in Smallville for a few weeks. The events of PML were delightful, however, Lois really has no recollection of what happened. Clark now wants to take the opportunity to give Lois a real honeymoon.

Lois and Clark now live in Clark's ‘old' apartment.

In this particular story a lot of the dialogue is taken from the script text. I wish to express my thanks to my Beta readers Artemis and Ray Reynolds for their invaluable help. This was a VERY rough draft when it first landed in their hands.

* * denotes emphasis
< > denotes thoughts
As always comments are welcome. (ken.janney@kjanney.com)

Chapter 1
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
Universal Locator Designation
Alpha -34 x Gamma 255 x Tau -225
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

After seeing to it that Luthor was duly charged with the offenses that Clark had listed to Henderson, he had picked Lois up and flown them to Smallville. After a pot roast dinner they had spent some time with Martha and Jonathan before heading to bed.

They had gone upstairs and cuddled on the bed until his parents had gone to bed, then Lois had nudged him and said, “Let’s go out to the barn.”

“Lois, it is getting chilly out there.”

“I guess you’ll just have to keep me warm by keeping me in your aura then. When you’re in m … with me and I’m in your aura it won’t bother me, will it?”

With a smile, he agreed, “No, I guess it won’t.” He picked her up and floated them downstairs so that the creaky treads on the staircase wouldn’t give them away and then flew them to the hayloft.

Using superspeed, Clark removed both his clothes and Lois’s and laid her in the hay. He lay down next to her and wrapped her up in his arms so that his aura would protect her. They started kissing and one thing led to another and before much longer they were exercising their marital rights with each other. After a long, leisurely, very enjoyable session they cuddled in the afterglow. They finally returned to the bedroom in the farm house and were together in bed when Martha called them for breakfast.

Lois spent some time with Martha, while Clark helped Jonathan around the farm for a while. They were preparing for winter and it was a chore that Jonathan needed help with. After lunch Lois and Clark said their goodbyes and Clark flew them to their island getaway. They spent the next few days lazing in the sun and enjoying frequent intimacies.

When the pheromone wore off they returned to Metropolis. Clark checked with Bill Henderson and found that Luthor had been released the day before which meant that he had been incarcerated for a total of three days. Clark asked Bill if he could get a copy of the Luthor mug shots, which he provided. The picture of Luthor’s angry countenance and the orange jumpsuit was a sight to behold.

They had been back to work for three days. It was late on Friday evening. Jimmy and Perry were in the bullpen near the desks that Lois and Clark usually inhabited. Clark was typing away at his keyboard trying to finish up on a Superman rescue story before they left for the weekend. Lois had just shut down her workstation and was clearing the debris of the workday from the top of her desk.

She asked, "How much longer, Clark?"

"Just a couple …"

"Hurry up! I'm anxious to get started." She reached down under her desk and picked up a suitcase that she’d had hidden there.

"Be right with you, Lois."

"It isn't like you to keep me waiting." Lois grabbed her coat and put it on then she picked up her camel colored briefcase and threw the strap over her shoulder.

Cat was wearing a leopard skin top with a long black skirt that was slit up both sides in front to show off her legs as she walked.. The top had sleeves, but the shoulders were bare with a low cut bodice. She was walking by and stopped to ask, "You guys going somewhere?"

Smiling, Lois replied, "Yes, we are. That is if Clark ever finishes his story." She started to get an irritated tone as she asked, "Clark?"

"Almost done."

Cat pressed the issue, "Where are you going?"

Lois gave her a non-committal smile.

As soon as Lois did that, Cat realized that something must be up or Lois wouldn't be so closed mouthed. With barely restrained excitement, Cat said, "You've got a scoop! Undercover investigation?"

Her excitement was contagious, as was the subject matter. Jimmy offered, "It's the revolution in South America, isn't it?"

Cat, with a know-it-all look said, "Nuh-uh. The riots in Miami!"

Jimmy was so sure of himself and Lois that he challenged Cat, "Five bucks?"

Cat, sure of herself, said, "You're on!"

They shook hands sealing the bet.

Perry, knowing that all of this speculation could actually be on point started to worry. He said, "Hold on now, Lois. I'll have to get this cleared with the budget office."

Lois was exasperated by this point and blurted out, "We are not going on a story! We do have a personal life, you know!"

Perry, Jimmy and Cat just stood there aghast at this outburst. They were still used to the ‘old' Lois, the one driven by her quest for the next Kerth, a Meriwether and eventually a Pulitzer.

Finally, Clark chimed in, "She's right, folks. We do have a private life outside of this office. Remember a week ago when Lois was re-exposed to the pheromone spray. We went off together to give her time to recover. I wanted it to be the honeymoon we never had. Well, you guys know the effects of that spray. We had an enjoyable time, but Lois really doesn't remember it, so I promised her a weekend at the Lexor."

Lois quipped, "Yeah, for a weekend of pure relaxation ... period. No pressure, no deadlines, no riots. Just Clark and me and we plan to make some memories that we will both remember.

Perry still couldn't believe it. He offered one last possibility, "Is it the prison break upstate?"

Thinking of the old adage ‘a picture is worth a thousand words', Clark asked, "Do you want to see our reservation?" Clark pulled out a slip of paper and displayed it.

Cat grabbed it and read aloud, "It does say, wow, Honeymoon Suite!"

Lois reached over, closed her fingers on the slip of paper, removed it from Cat’s unresisting fingers and stuffed it into her bag. "Satisfied now? Clark wanted to take me there as soon as the spray wore off, but this was the first opening they had."

Cat quipped, "I never thought I'd see the day that Lois Lane would be found in the Honeymoon Suite of any hotel, let alone the Lexor."

Jimmy looked at her and said, "Stranger things have happened."

"Name one."

"Who would have thought that Lois and Clark would go to Smallville on assignment and come back married? Before they left she could barely tolerate him and then, abracadabra and Alakazam, they come back not only in love, but married."

Seeing that Clark had just finished shutting down his computer, Lois said, sarcastically, "Thank you very much. We're leaving now." She reached for Clark's arm and started dragging him toward the ramp.

Perry was still marveling at this profound change in Lois. He said, "Lois, you have to admit: the idea of you spending an entire weekend relaxing is a little, well, far-fetched."

Jimmy and Cat nodded their agreement with Perry's statement.

"That might have been the case BC, but not now."

Perry was mystified by the reference and asked, "BC?"

Lois looked at her husband and said, "Yeah, BC, Before Clark. Come on Honey the Honeymoon Suite awaits." She handed him her suitcase and he took it in his free hand.

Perry just nodded his understanding.

As he was being dragged towards the elevator, Clark said over his shoulder, "Chief, I emailed that Superman story to you."

Always appreciative of Clark’s diligence he shouted, “Thanks, son. You two go and have a good time.”

They entered the elevator and as Lois pushed the button, Lois said, “I’m sure we will,” turned and smiled at Clark as the doors closed.

They took the elevator to the garage and loaded Lois' bag into the Jeep. She had taken her suitcase into the bullpen with the intention of changing before they left, however they had run late because of the Superman rescue and Lois had decided to just wear her work suit so that they could make their exit.

As Lois was putting on her seat belt she released a sigh and said, "Finally! I thought we'd never get out of there. You know, I really don't mind dipping into my Tahiti fund for this. Now that I don't have to worry about airfare or even accommodations …" She had a wistful expression as she remembered. "With Superman express and that little bungalow that you built on the island … we have almost all of the comforts of home. Actually, all we needed was a bed. On second thought, we won’t even need that … you could always float us."

He smiled and said, "We really needed more than just a bed. Those afternoon showers. A roof was really necessary."

Lois quipped, “Only when we are wearing clothes, which isn’t a lot of the time.” With a smile on her lips, Lois started the Jeep and backing out of her parking space headed for the Lexor.

Arriving at the Lexor, Clark removed their bags from the back while Lois turned over the keys to her precious baby to the parking valet.

When they approached the desk, Lois pulled their reservation slip from her bag and handed it to the desk clerk.

"Ah, yes, Mr. and Mrs. Kent. I have you in the Honeymoon Suite."

Hearing him say, ‘Mrs. Kent', Lois started to smile, wrapped her arm around Clark's and looked at him with adoring eyes. It was still so new, being Mrs. Kent, and she wasn't completely used to hearing herself being called that. It sent a thrill up her spine because it reaffirmed that she was in fact married to this man, this very special, this super man.

The desk clerk hit a bell and shouted, "Front!"

In response a bellboy almost magically appeared next to Clark.

The desk clerk said, tersely, "Honeymoon Suite."

Grabbing their bags, the bellboy said, "This way please," and turning on his heel led them to the elevator.

Exiting the elevator, Lois and Clark followed the bellboy down the hall. He stopped in front of a door and opened it. He set their bags inside and stepped into the hallway. Pulling a camera from his pocket he stepped back and looked at them expectantly.

Clark just looked at him and finally Lois got the idea and said, "I think he's waiting for you to carry me over the threshold."

A smile crept onto his face as he said, "I think you're right," and leaning down he placed one arm under Lois' knees and the other around her back. As he lifted, she leaned back into his arms and wrapped her arms around his neck. She leaned in and started a kiss.

Being very aware of the presence of the bellboy, Clark pretended to stumble as he crossed the threshold while holding Lois to the accompaniment of the flash of the camera.

Clark placed Lois back on her feet and then reached back to massage his lower back as if he had strained it.

The bellboy had an amused smile as he accepted the tip from Lois and said, "The pictures will be at the desk for you to pick up tomorrow. Enjoy." He was snickering as he closed the door. <This beauty obviously chose a wimp to marry. Well, there’s no accounting for taste.>

As soon as the door was closed, Lois slugged him playfully and said, "You and I both know you didn't hurt your back."

He stood up straight and then started rubbing his arm where she had slugged him. "The honeymoon must be over already. That was spouse abuse," and he started to grin.

Lois threw herself into his arms and said, "I would never abuse my ever loving husband. I might love him to death though."

"Might I remind you that you already tried that?" Dropping his voice to a whisper he continued, "Eleven times in one night was almost too much, even for me."

Lois blushed at the mention of their activity while she had been under the influence of the pheromone. "At least you have super stamina along with speed, hearing, eyesight and strength. By the way, did you use super speed while we were, you know …"

With a leer he replied, "No. I wanted it to last and so did you as I recall."

"I am so disappointed."

"What?"

"I don't remember it."

"I guess we'll just have to make some new memories."

With a wicked little grin, she asked, "Want to try for twelve?"

He put his hand over his heart and staggered back, "I don't know if even I could survive that."

Stepping up to him and putting her arms around him, she looked up coyly and said, "You’ll never will know until we try."

Scooping her up he flew them into the bedroom. As soon as they passed through the door he stopped and they both gaped at what they saw. In the center of the room was a heart shaped bed with a spread the color of Superman's cape and heart shaped pillows also in red with a white ruff around the periphery. Across the room was a lounge chair and a large screen TV. Over against the wall was a heart shaped sunken spa tub right next to a large picture window which was made of smoked glass so that no one could see in, but which gave a panoramic view of the city. The spa had been prepared and had bubbles floating on and steam rising from the surface.

Her surprise was expressed as a breathy, "Wow," as she took it all in. Clark allowed Lois to reclaim her feet. Making up her mind, Lois quickly removed her jacket and then reached up and started to unbutton her blouse. She threw the blouse on the bed, then unfastened her skirt and it followed the blouse. Standing there in bra and panties, she turned to Clark and said, "Come on, get undressed. I want a soak." Reaching behind she released the hook of her bra. Quickly it and her panties followed the rest of her clothes and she stepped into the spa. As she sank into the foam she let out a groan of pleasure. "Come on, Clark. I don't want to be in here alone."

Clark spun out of his clothes and mindful of her complaint that at times he moved too fast for her liking he slowly strolled, totally naked, over to the spa and entered the water. Lois responded by licking her lips.

As soon as he was in the water Lois sloshed over and straddled his hips. Reaching up he fondled her breasts which started a period of marital intimacy. The waves that were generated by her energetic movements threatened to overflow the sides of the tub, but apparently management had anticipated this type of activity and installed additional overflows to siphon off the excess water to prevent that from happening.

The feeling of buoyancy that Lois had from the water came close to the feeling of being in his arms and floating or flying and the warm cocoon that the water provided was relaxing and very sensual. Lois felt Clark's hands on her hips guiding her movements and she was grateful for it because the buoyancy of the water was actually keeping her from experiencing this joining to the full. With him steadying her and guiding her movements she was able to enjoy what they were doing. He seemed to know just how to move her to maximize the sensations. While they were joined at least part of her torso was above the water at all times and her breasts were bobbing and swaying enticingly in front of Clark's face so he would occasionally lean out and take one or the other nipple in his mouth and nip it gently with his teeth.

The feel of what they were doing and what he was doing to her breasts was driving her crazy and the tension was rapidly building in her body. She could feel the muscles in her lower back start to clinch rhythmically and she started groaning his name.

While she was still shivering, and not the room temperature, Clark wrapped his arms around her and pulled her firmly into his chest and her head fell to his shoulder while her arms went around his neck. After some seconds, she turned her face to the side and kissed the side of his neck where it joined his shoulder.

Feeling loath to break their contact, Lois released a contented sigh and wiggled her hips to let him know that she was happy. She kissed the side of his neck again and then said, "Hmmmmmm, you are one fantastic lover. I'm glad I have you under exclusive contract. I can just imagine if the word got out about just how wonderful a lover Superman is. I'd be beating the women off with a stick."

"No chance of that happening because I can't imagine this being as good with anyone else. With anyone else it would simply be sex. With you, it's making love. I love you so much."

Lois gave another contented sigh, wiggled her hips again and said, "You know I love you just as much," and sealed her statement with a sensual kiss as she wiggled her hips once again.

Releasing her arms from around his neck she leaned back so that she was floating on the surface although below the surface, they were still joined. She sighed and said, "This is the life. Time alone with my husband and not a care in the world. No more Trask. Now that STAR Labs has formulated an antidote to Miranda's Witches' brew spray it is no longer a threat."

Clark felt constrained to bring up another topic, "Then there's Luthor."

That one word completely ruined the mood. Lois finally separated her body from his and moved to the opposite end of the spa. She shivered slightly realizing that the water had started to cool. While they had been joined his aura had protected her from that, but now that they were separate she could feel it. She said, "Clark, the water is cooling off. Could you …" She held her hand up and making a ‘V' with two fingers near her eyes gave him the signal.

Nodding he gave the water a couple of blasts of his heat vision.

Lois looked at him accusingly and asked, "Why did you have to bring him up?"

"We still need to talk about him. There are some things you need to know."

"Okay, but does it have to be on our honeymoon? We're here to relax and enjoy ourselves." Looking out through the window she said, "Just look at that view! I know it isn't like when you take me flying, but …"

Derailing her train of thought a light suddenly went on in an office across from them. The lights were in the top floor offices in the building directly across the way. While she watched, three men entered the reception area and then moved through to the inner office. Lois noted that one of the men was tall and slim, wearing a business suit. In startled recognition, Lois asked, "Isn't that Congressman Ian Harrington?"

Her question drew Clark's attention to the office across the way and he zoomed in with his telescopic vision. He said, "I think you're right. What's he doing in that office?"

Looking at the second man she decided that she didn't recognize him, but she noted that he was short and stocky, wearing black slacks and a black turtleneck. The third man was huge, wearing muscle pants, a t-shirt and Clark could see, with his x-ray vision that he had a stiletto hanging handle down in a shoulder holster.

Lois was looking on in rapt attention and realized just what Clark was doing and felt that she needed to level the playing field, somewhat. Without looking away she asked, "Clark, could you get my bag? I have binoculars and a camera in it."

Less than a second later and also without so much as a ripple in the water, he placed her bag within reach.

Just as Lois was bringing her binoculars to her eyes, Congressman Harrington opened his briefcase and pulling out a large sealed envelope handed it to the stocky man. By implication, the third man was simply ‘muscle'.

In exchange, the stocky man handed Harrington and smaller, although thicker envelope. When Harrington opened his envelope both Lois and Clark got a glimpse of green. Lois quickly grabbed her camera and started snapping pictures. The contents of the other envelope was not readily apparent from their angle.

As they watched the stocky man moved to the wall and pointed to a date on a wall calendar. When he did, Harrington started arguing with him. The stocky guy got right up in Harrington's face and a few seconds later tapped the date again. This time Harrington appeared to acquiesce.

Lois and Clark looked at each other, a question in each of their faces, "I wonder what that was all about."

As they turned back the lights in the office went out

comments go here

TBC

Last edited by KenJ; 08/12/14 07:35 PM.

Herb replied, “My boy, I never say … impossible.” "Lois and Clarks"

My stories can be found here

kj