Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Missing Lois - TOC

As I have stated before, Missing Lois is my interpretation of what the writers / producers of the Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman could have done in Season 5 to keep the spark, banter, and angst of the Lois and Clark relationship going, while still working within the constraints left by introducing the baby at the end of Season 4.

Do not hate me for having had Lois cheat on Clark. But I figured if Lois ever did cheat on Clark, the only person she would do so with was Clark (i.e. alt-Clark). I was basing my story on what I thought HOLLYWOOD would do with these characters to add tension and angst to the show. And you know Hollywood, they love a good affair.

The end of Chapter 7 represents what the "cliffhanger" for the end of Season 5 could have been: an emotionally damaged Lois returns to canon dimension to her husband Clark and baby Lara, deciding never to speak of her year 'abroad' to anyone. Only -- unbeknownst to her -- Clark has figured out her secret.

Chapters 8-10 represent what could have taken place in the first half of Season 6 (I just couldn't end the story here... I had to have Lois have her happily ever after and obviously she's nowhere near it at the end of Chapter 7.) These chapters take place entirely in canon dimension and deal with Lois living with the choice(s) she made in deciding to go live with alt-Clark for a year.

Usually in Season 5 or 6 of a show, if it's any good, the producers decide to 'spin-off' some characters for another show (how many CSI's and Law and Order's have we had over the years?) So keep your eyes open on my guess of who the producers would have chosen as the perfect 'spin-off' from this show. laugh

Chapter 8 (Season 6) starts where Season 4 ended as seen in the last scene of The Family Hour, Lois and Clark discover baby and wonder from where it came. Please remember that the Lois at the beginning of Chapter 8 is the substitute (place-holder) Lois brought from the past.

I will post the summary of Chapter 7 by Tuesday, when the first part of Chapter 8 will post. (Sorry, no three month hiatus between Season 5 and Season 6 for you).

Thank you for reading. Please post feedback here.

Last edited by VirginiaR; 02/08/15 09:08 PM. Reason: Fix Broken Links

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
I am LOVING this story! Do you really have to make us wait until Tuesday for the next installment??!! Two days is much better than three months, but we still don't want to wait.

~Mel~
Pulitzer
Pulitzer
I love this story too!

Frankly, I'm awed at Virginia's skill in keeping all the Loises separate. Let's see - there's

1) canon Lois who is pregnant and currently in the alt-dimension;
2) canon-Lois-of-the-past-who-is-a-placeholder for-future-canon-Lois and who is currently in the canon dimension,
3) alt-Lois, and
4) alt-Lois's clone Lola!

Plus, the role of alt-Ultra Woman has been played by both Loises, and both Loises have also taken on the identity of Lucy El, at different times.

You definitely need a scorecard to tell the players in this one. laugh

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Mel: Loving your love! smile1 And just one correction on your note:

Frankly, I'm awed at Virginia's skill in keeping all the Loises separate. Let's see - there's

1) canon Lois who is pregnant and currently in the alt-dimension;
2) canon-Lois-of-the-past-who-is-a-placeholder for-future-canon-Lois and who is currently in the canon dimension,
3) alt-Lois, and
4) alt-Lois's clone Lola!

Plus, the role of alt-Ultra Woman has been played by both Loises, and both Loises have also taken on the identity of Lucy El, at different times.
Actually, you forgot one Lois. Clois also makes a brief appearance in Chapter 1.

VirginiaR.
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.
S
Merriwether
Merriwether
S
Yeah! They're going back to their dimension. smile1 I'm surprised Lara went without Lois but that fits with canon and there's a lot more involved with returning Lois.

Such heartache. Poor Alt-Clark and Lois. I don't care for Lois cheating on her Clark but this guy for all intents and purposes was Clark. That would be difficult to resist.

So much heartache ahead. Baby Lara adjusting to different parents. The Lois switch. How will our Clark adjust to all this?

Looking forward to more!

Joan

Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Joan: I was in tears when I wrote this last scene, because I was so sad at saying goodbye to Alt-Clark and Alt-Lois (and even Sam), I had grown to love him and her. I may have to bring them back for a sequel. wink I hated to say goodbye, but it isn't their story it really is canon Lois's story, so the action needed to stay with her.

VirginiaR.
---
Boards Chief Administrator
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Clark had always known he would have to say goodbye to Lara, he just hoped… he shook his head. That hope had always been a pipe dream.
Yeah. That’s what you get for rescuing both Lois from Lex and Clark from Tempus.

. It was like he was cheating on his girlfriend. Perhaps it felt so wrong because in a small part of him, it felt right.
Oh boy.

“Oh.” Clark grinned in embarrassment. Ooops. Open mouth, insert foot.
Well, it was kind of obvious. So, you only need to lick at your foot a bit.

His heart was doing that flip-flop thing it did only for her.
Oh boy.

Before she could say another word, he dropped his shoes on the sand and pressed his lips to hers. “Lois,” he murmured, putting his arms around her. This felt right, kissing Lois again. He had missed her, body and soul.
Oh boy. Better UW is out of town. Otherwise, he might broadcast.

Lois touched his face, gently. “We’ll always love each other, Clark. It’s fate.”

“Fatal,” he amended with a chuckle.
wave Michael

PS: No, I don’t think that’s the last one for today. I’m weak and this is … different from sitting down and writing own stories wink

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Michael: Let's see how much time I can sneak in to reply to FDK...

Better UW is out of town. Otherwise, he might broadcast.
UW in other dimension otherwise this goodbye wouldn't have happened.

That could have been awkward. /imagines scene from And the Answer Is…: “Who are you asking? Me, or Lois?”
Yep.

Yeah, her finding them in one bed, saying goodbye might have been awkward, too.
I believe Clark used the word "fatal".

They keep making out with an audience, huh?
Most people who say "don't mind me" know that they will.

Well, they could. Would only take 10 seconds.
Well, yes, true, but where's the fun in that?

Wow. When did Sam buy that one?
After she starting eating again. Tempus made it quite easy to procure them in alt-Metropolis. 'Pick a gun up with your groceries.'

Silent. Uh-huh. At least, as long as there no telepaths around…
Good point.

Well, for now. In case of an emergency. But later?
One year at a time. Later, he might have a family of his own to inherit from him.

So, watcha gonna do for the final three chapters, then? Have Lois meet with Lex’s daughter who tries to seduce Clark while she’s taking over the Planet at the same time?
<<wags finger>> MICHAEL!

Although, TH and DC would have had a horrible schedule, don’t you think?
Uh, no not the alt's.

It hasn't even sunk in yet that we don't see them again
Did I say that? cool

VirginiaR.
---
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Let's see how much time I can sneak in to reply to FDK...
blush

. 'Pick a gun up with your groceries.'
/imagines them next to the checkout between the bubble gum and the candy bars/ "Mommy, Mommy, I want that one! I want that one! The one James Bond has."

<<wags finger>> MICHAEL!
What? You said you where doing the Hollywood approach!

Did I say that?
I think it was implied somewhere huh

Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.
Columnist
Columnist
Oh man! Time for a breather between seasons now! lol

.talk nerdy to me.
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
Oh man! Time for a breather between seasons now! lol
So far no one's taken me up on the 3 month break. wink Maybe 3 hours? 3 minutes?

VirginiaR.
---
Columnist
Columnist
Originally posted by VirginiaR:
Originally posted by MrsLuthor:
[b] Oh man! Time for a breather between seasons now! lol
So far no one's taken me up on the 3 month break. wink Maybe 3 hours? 3 minutes? [/b]
Haha! I don't know! I want to finish soon because I have a lot of homework in my near future.

.talk nerdy to me.
Hack from Nowheresville
Hack from Nowheresville
Seriously V, I love this story .....

Clark: "So what are you saying? I should go crawling back on my hands and knees?"
Martha: "No, honey. Fly back. It's faster!!"
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
OP Offline
Nobel Peace Prize Winner
chelo: I got sucked into reading Ch. 9 after reading your comment and forgot to hit send. Now, it's 1:30 in the morning. My hubby's going to be mad. blush

Seriously V, I love this story .....
Thank you. [Linked Image]

Saying goodbye to Alt-Dimension made me cry. [Linked Image] It was like saying goodbye to some of my dearest friends who were moving far away. Someday, I'll come back and finish alt-dimension's story. In the meantime, I'm still working on another alt-canon universe near you...

VirginiaR.
---

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard