Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#256590 07/24/14 04:21 PM
Pulitzer
OP Offline
Pulitzer
Just as he took the first step, Luthor turned and faced him. “Clark Kent …” Luthor let the name roll of his tongue deliberately slow. A smile spread across his lips. “Is that really you? I was afraid I’d never see you again. Why haven’t you returned any of my phone calls?”
What? dizzy

“I’m pleasantly surprised that you finally decided to accept my invitation. I have sent you so many I lost count. Your parents did tell you that, didn’t they?” Luthor asked, his brows furrowing. “I must have left at least a hundred messages for you on your parent's answering machine. But you never called back. I was worried when you suddenly broke all contact. It has been years since we last saw each other. Where have you been?”
Ah... Hum... Lex seems a clingy ex-girlfriend. <<shudders>> cat

“Oh, you see, with Clark it’s different. He saved my life.” Once more Lex Luthor’s gaze fixed on Clark. “We used to be friends, but then we lost sight of each other. Not for lack of trying on my part, I dare say.”
I can't see Luthor from the series in this role. I try, but I just see Lex from Smallville. huh Maybe it's because of his obsession with Clark. And I agree with Clark, Lex must know (or suspects) he's different. He wouldn't be so interested if there wasn't a reason. shocked

Anyway, it’s good to see you, Clark. I had almost given up hope. Why don’t we have lunch next week and catch up?” Luthor ventured.
He doesn't give up, does he? thud

Many questions... I still didn't understand their past story. help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15
Kerth
Kerth
You have totally drawn me into this story. I love how you've only dropped hints at the backstory so far, leaving the reader just as curious as Lois about what really happened between Clark, Lex, and Lana. I also keep picturing Michael Rosenbaum as Lex, but that's because I'm a horndog...you'll let me keep him, won't you? Pretty please? devil sloppy Waiting patiently for the next part. thumbsup

You can find my stories as Groobie on the nfic archives and Susan Young on the gfic archives. In other words, you know me as Groobie. wink
LMA Offline
Top Banana
Top Banana
What an interesting chapter! I am really loving what you are creating--how the story has remnants of the pilot, along with some familiar dialog, but also is so different and fresh. I haven't seen Smallville, so I've been putting John Shea into the storyline pretty easily.

Speaking of Lex...yeah, the meeting up with Clark was really intriguing. I found myself trying to read between the lines, trying to figure out what Lex is really up to concerning Clark/what happened to Lana/etc. Does he know about Clark's abilities? I just can't tell. Just so curious as to all the backstory smile

I agree with Clark--Lois is giving in too easily. She's not going to let any of this drop (about Lex and Clark knowing each other, and her potential interview Clark could maybe get for her). I REALLY hope that Clark decides to tell Lois everything--show her his evidence against Lex, let her help him dig into Lex's past. For Clark's sake, he needs to get to the bottom of this, and Lois could really help him...and also, she could turn into an ally, a friend, and more (please? smile ).

Looking forward to the next part,
Laura

Last edited by LMA; 07/25/14 12:32 AM.

"Where's Clark?" "Right here."

...two simple sentences--with so much meaning.

~Lois and Clark in 'House of Luthor'~
Beat Reporter
Beat Reporter
A really fascinating story. I'm looking forward to seeing how you develop Clark's and Lex's backstory, and how Lois deals with this rather different Clark.

F
Kerth
Kerth
F
Nice part.

He had been agonizing about Friday night. He had barely slept during the past couple of days, always wondering how he was going to approach the issue at hand

I am assuming that Clark told Lana about himself at some point and she freaked.

But you have to accept that her death was not your fault. And it might not have been Luthor’s fault either

I am also assuming that Lana became one of Lex's many conquests. How that ties in with her death, and why Clark blames both himself and Luthor, interesting ground to cover.

Framework4
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thank you so much for your comments. You guys make my day. If you'd rather imagine Micheal Rosenbaum, please be my guest. I had John Shea's interpretion in mind when I wrote this. But I loved the interaction between Clark and Lex, which is still what I like best about Smallville. I'm not that much a fan of the show, I admit.

Perhaps the Lex I had in mind will become more obvious as the story develops.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool
Top Banana
Top Banana
Originally Posted by bakasi
Thank you so much for your comments. You guys make my day. If you'd rather imagine Micheal Rosenbaum, please be my guest. I had John Shea's interpretion in mind when I wrote this. But I loved the interaction between Clark and Lex, which is still what I like best about Smallville. I'm not that much a fan of the show, I admit.

Perhaps the Lex I had in mind will become more obvious as the story develops.

Maybe the Lex you had in mind will show more as the story proceeds currently Lex (at least) thinks they are long lost friends/buds and that they had some sort bonding situation in the past. That makes more sense in the Smallville universe where Lex and Clark are only a few years apart in age. In the Lois and Clark universe the two are closer to twenty years apart in age and would have little in common hence less reason to 'hang out' together. This is why I (and evidently others) see the Smallville Lex/Clark dynamic more clearly than the L&C Lex/Clark dynamic at least so far in the story.

Mike

Create all the happiness you are able to create.
Remove all the misery you are able to remove.

Jeremy Bentham

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
You've definitely captured my interest. What happened in Smallville so long ago? How does Lex know Clark? Has Lex (being a billionaire) tracked Clark around the globe? What's the backstory?

Pulitzer
Pulitzer
Backstory please!

Clark is right about one thing, Lois is changing her tactics ...it not like her to be this calm about a story.

Morgana

A writer's job is to think of new plots and create characters who stay with you long after the final page has been read. If that mission is accomplished than we have done what we set out to do, which is to entertain and hopefully educate.
Pulitzer
Online Content
Pulitzer
Thanks for your feedback, Iolanthe and Morgana. The backstory will come up as the story evolves. Part 4 is already up with some of it.

It's never too dark to be cool. cool

Moderated by  Kaylle, SuperBek 

Link Copied to Clipboard