Just as he took the first step, Luthor turned and faced him. “Clark Kent …” Luthor let the name roll of his tongue deliberately slow. A smile spread across his lips. “Is that really you? I was afraid I’d never see you again. Why haven’t you returned any of my phone calls?”
What? dizzy

“I’m pleasantly surprised that you finally decided to accept my invitation. I have sent you so many I lost count. Your parents did tell you that, didn’t they?” Luthor asked, his brows furrowing. “I must have left at least a hundred messages for you on your parent's answering machine. But you never called back. I was worried when you suddenly broke all contact. It has been years since we last saw each other. Where have you been?”
Ah... Hum... Lex seems a clingy ex-girlfriend. <<shudders>> cat

“Oh, you see, with Clark it’s different. He saved my life.” Once more Lex Luthor’s gaze fixed on Clark. “We used to be friends, but then we lost sight of each other. Not for lack of trying on my part, I dare say.”
I can't see Luthor from the series in this role. I try, but I just see Lex from Smallville. huh Maybe it's because of his obsession with Clark. And I agree with Clark, Lex must know (or suspects) he's different. He wouldn't be so interested if there wasn't a reason. shocked

Anyway, it’s good to see you, Clark. I had almost given up hope. Why don’t we have lunch next week and catch up?” Luthor ventured.
He doesn't give up, does he? thud

Many questions... I still didn't understand their past story. help

Andreia

"My wife's love is what unites Krypton and Earth in my heart. Without it, without her, I truly would be in hell."

~ Superman: Man of Tomorrow #15